Seems like the Activision bossman thinks that Electronic Arts aren’t going to be printing spacebucks with their forthcoming Star Wars MMO, and said as much to his investors. As reported over here by Reuters, Kotick poured scepticism onto the up and coming MMO, saying: “Lucas is going to be the principal beneficiary of the success of Star Wars. We’ve been in business with Lucas for a long time and the economics will always accrue to the benefit of Lucas, so I don’t really understand how the economics work for Electronic Arts.” He went on to say “”If you look at the history of the people investing in an MMO and achieving success, it’s a small number.” And his company are, of course, one of that number, and must be a little nervous about possibly losing subscribers to the enormous Star Wars project. EA, meanwhile, claim that SWTOR will be a success if it hits just 500k subscribers, a figure that looks to be well within their reach.
Posts Tagged ‘You’re a bit short for an MMO’
By Jim Rossignol on November 30th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- antoniodamala : “Exactly what i feel with most these retro guys. :/ The sad thing is that i love the dungeon keeper genre, i played only the ...” on Will You Dig The War For The Overworld Trailer?
- tentaclesex : “If you're hosting an event, maybe he would hook you up with a copy. Either that, or build a Winnitron. Or, go to cool parties.” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- RaiderJoe : “Wow, they're getting smarter. They're… adapting!” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Syphus : “I don't really have all that much to contribute here, but I just wanted to say that this is still my favorite column on the ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- ClawMark : “Yeah my dropbox account got pretty hammered, a few other sites re-uploaded it, so here's one of the non-intrusive ones: http://bartbonte~” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners