Rock, Paper, Shotgun is read by over 92% of the Earth’s population, and our most frequent readers are in the top 15% most attractive people on Earth! Yes, we all love statistics we don’t provide any evidence for. There’s so much fun to be had. Ubisoft have also been revelling in that fun, by telling GI.biz that they experience “93-95% piracy” rates. Which is odd, what with all their boasting that their always-awful DRM has been so darned effective at combating piracy. How incredibly confusing! Anyway, this, says bossman Yves Guillemot, is why they’re heading down the path of F2P games.
Posts Tagged ‘Yves Guillemot’
By John Walker on August 22nd, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- nickclarkson : “Search 'Definitive Dungeons and Dragons' on your favourite no-DRM site, or any other (I think I got mine from GMG for <£10) and it contains ...” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- phuzz : “Now try not to think of this phrase next time you have sex, I dare you...” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover
- Koozer : “It took me a while to realise, but are you trying to insinuate RPS won't say anything negative about Steam because they're in the news ...” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- DPB : “That'd be fine if the requirements actually asked for a modern PC, but they don't - the minimum is a Core 2 Duo and the ...” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- Cinek : “I love these moments when you-get-nothing is more expensive than you-get-actual-d~” on Company Of Heroes 2 Open Beta Got A Teeny Bit Longer