Here’s what Bethesda say: “RAGE will be published by Bethesda Softworks, (a) ZeniMax subsidiary. As a result, Electronic Arts Inc will not be involved in the sales and marketing of RAGE. The ongoing development of RAGE is unaffected by this development.” Thoughts on this below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘zenimax’
By Jim Rossignol on December 15th, 2009.
By John Walker on November 27th, 2007.
More rumour-mumblings from within the home of Bethesda, ZeniMax Media, regarding a forthcoming MMO.
CVG reports (good luck Firefox users!) that ZeniMax Online have licensed Simutronics‘ MMO HeroEngine (the same one BioWare have picked up for their forthcoming super-secret (ohmygodit’ssoobviouslystarwars) MMO).
This is being linked to the story from earlier this month regarding Bethesda’s registering of the domain, elderscrollsonline.com, and thus speculation that an Elder Scrolls MMO is on its way.
However, it might not be that simple. In this month’s PC Gamer (print version), The Spy reports that there’s speculation it could be an attempt at preparing for the Fallout MMO rights landing in their laps. In a peculiar deal, Interplay only has a loose grip on the option to make an online version of the Fallout universe, and if investors aren’t convinced they can do it, the rights will leap over to Bethesda. Is Bethesda preparing a net for the post-apocalyptic world?
Which would you rather see? An Oblivion-style MMO, or have their attentions turned to bringing the Fallout universe online?
Respond to our gibber
- corona2172 : “The problem here is that YOU are intolerant of how other people desire to guide the hobby. Maybe, just maybe, some people wish to keep ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- AaronLee : “RIGHT?! At least Macross/Robotoec~ TRIED. Their missiles were basically little sodacan shaped things with a quartet of attitude thrusters around the front and a single ...” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- sinister agent : “I feel a strong kinship with the dude at 38 seconds in.” on Ferry Good: Sinking Ship Simulator
- sh0v0r : “The Update is now out of Beta and officially released on Steam for PC&Mac. Here is the release trailer: http://youtu.be/~ Not sure why the video ...” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- Wonderboy2402 : “You are correct in saying it is currently alpha. There was a thread on the steam community by a dev discussing the confusion made over ...” on Will You Dig The War For The Overworld Trailer?