When a man with a beard talks about games, you listen. This has always been the RPS way. Jared Gerritzen, Creative Studio Head of Zombie Studios (I hope that job title is reflective of his mighty chin rug and nothing else) bearded his beard onto G4 last night to talk about the Blacklight developer’s new ‘casualcore’ game ‘Special Forces Team X’ (the ‘X’ is for ‘Xdfaljksdfkhalsdfh’). Their beardspertise in first-person sci-fi blasting is being redirected into a third-person, cartoonish shooter, where the players customise the map. Enough about the game, Jared: do you condition that fibrous follicle forest?
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Zombie Studio’
By Craig Pearson on August 16th, 2012.
By Nathan Grayson on August 2nd, 2012.
Blacklight: Retribution is a bit like a surprise birthday party. For the longest time, I thought nothing of it and went on with my daily business. Then, one day, it crept into my home, turned out the lights, and shouted “SURPRISE!” so loud that I dropped my groceries and grabbed a lamp to brandish in a threatening fashion. I continue to be shocked by how enjoyable Zombie Studios’ follow-up to the rather uninspired Tango Down is, though. Certainly, it’s got roots in traditional multiplayer weapons, upgrades, and other such standbys, but X-ray vision’s a game-changer, and everything feels great. And now, another pleasant surprise: the tank-centric siege mode.
By Jim Rossignol on June 6th, 2011.
Zombie Studio’s shooter Blacklight Tango Down didn’t go down particularly well with us. We did shrugging and said “s’ahright, spose…”, but our indifference has not defeated it because it’s back, BACK this year with a fresh incarnation of Unreal-powered near-future gun action: Blacklight Retribution. And there are robots! Slidey rocket-propelled crazybots, if this trailer is to be believed, which is should be, as it is footage from the game. The game will be free-to-play and will be part of Perfect World’s increasingly impressive-looking line-up of free online titles. Go take a look at this and then make that quiet “ahrm” noise you make when you are considering whether something will actually be any good.
That’s it, yeah.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Pliqu3011 : “Every “TF2 in a nutshell”-vide~ ever.” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- Targaff : “Not having bought any of the Sonic games before, the Sonic Action Pack for $9.99 was a bit of a barg, too.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- Arkh : “To be fair, in this week deals they are offering up to 50% off, so for some titles, like DW, it's as close as it ...” on The Flare Path: Parleys With A Warlord
- Curundir : “I'm on a quest against Nathan's excessive use of hyphens. (Use-of-hyphens?~ "From the ground-up" and "two-person team" are two examples of unnecessary and incorrect use ...” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- RobF : “It's not a great selection. Alien Shooter 2 is a once reasonably fun shoot-everything~ game ten years ago getting yet another needless expansion/sequel that fails ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back