Counterclockwise

A flashing IM tab appears on my taskbar. I open it to discover the message: “Seriously, have a play of this.” It’s a link for Counterclockwise – a Knot in 3D remake. My correspondent is correct. I should play this. I do. It’s awesome.

Knot In 3D was Tron lightcycles in 3D, as coded for the ZX Spectrum back in the pixellated mists of time. Counterclockwise remakes the idea with your cycle flying around in a looped 3D space taking on a rival chaser (you can only go so far before coming back on yourself) and your own trail. The space rapidly fills up, and you you have a smartbomb and lasers to clear yourself a path – there’s only limited ammo though, so you’ll need to do tricks and combos to keep your resources up.

I don’t think I need to say more other than to stress that it’s really good. Play it.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. Carey says:

There was a game I featured in 101 that was much like this. ‘Snake’ in 3D with a big worm thing that had a human face. Brr.

Can’t remember the bloody name tho. Which makes this post utterly pointless :( Lost in the clutter of my 101 PC Games brainspace. So… many… games…

2. Kieron Gillen says:

That’s awesome. I recommend everyone plays it.

KG

3. tom says:

yo, you doods are sooooooo last year on this :)

Nenad was working on a pseudo Deathchase remake that was looking really nice.
    link to video.google.com
    link to retroremakes.com
    but then he went all buddist and stopped using anything with electricty (or something)..
    Shame, cos i was looking forward to it..

4. go says:

So simple, yet so fun!
    It would surely make a good multiplayer game.

5. Jim Rossignol says:

Note: RPS did not exist last year.

6. tom says:

Noooo!
    You’ve been PC Gaming since 1873!!!!
    I demand you write at least 50 articles for each of the intervening 134 years!

7. Jim Rossignol says:

I think Kieron is on course to do that.

8. Kieron Gillen says:

I’m TRYING!

KG

9. roBurky says:

This is a game you have to read the manual to understand. But once you realise you’re supposed to be spending most of your time performing tricks and doing your best to live dangerously, it’s a lot of fun.

10. Bob Arctor says:

Manual!
    Hah!

It reminds me of playing AVP, you just learn to lose all your sense of up/down and just whizz about insanely.

11. laptop batteries says:

We specialize in laptop battery,laptop AC adapters. All our products are brand new, with the excellent service from our laptop battery of customer service team.
    the most convenient and cheap replacement battery online shop in uk. We specialize in laptop batteries,laptop AC adapters.
    All our laptop AC adapters are brand new, with the excellent service from our customer service team.
    the most convenient and cheap battery online shop in uk.
    You can find some battery and adapter from here is very cool.

12. Perfect World money says:

Thanks to Perfect World money let me know a lot of friends.

13. Authentic Louis Vuitton On Sale says:

Authentic Louis Vuitton On Sale

Features: Dual purpose motorcycles resemble street bikes with their heavier weights and fuller bodies. They also meet road standards by owning lights, mirrors, acceptable emissions standards and license plates. Off-road features of dual-purpose bikes i…

14. Nike Free 3.0 V3 Men says:

Nike Free 3.0 V3 Men

Buy discount Nike Shox R3 Black/White Men Shoes UK Online Shop

15. Nike Air Max 90 Current Moire says:

Nike Air Max 90 Current Moire

Zapatillas Nike Air Max Skyline

16. Supra says:

Supra

Nike Elite Socks – $12.99 | Sneakerhead.com – sx3693-160 Nike Elite Socks Nike Elite socks keep your feet comfortable and dry. They feature Nike’s Dri-FIT fabric that wicks away moisture, have superior fit due to anatomical left and right construction…

17. Nike Air Max Hombre says:

Nike Air Max Hombre

Nike Air Max 90 Current Moire

18. Small Sun ZY-T08 says:

Small Sun ZY-T08

color changing mug

19. oakley outlet stores says:

oakley outlet stores

I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.

20. dancing cat toy says:

dancing cat toy

squeeze toy eyes pop out

21. frozen doll set says:

frozen doll set

cubot gt89

22. Zapatilla Puma España says:

Zapatilla Puma España

Keep away from awkward hands jobs when some sort of sudden slide might cause a new hands to maneuver in to the sanding belt or maybe disk thirteen. Nonetheless another kind of meals poisoning is definitely due to E. Unfortunately it is not and so Nonet…

23. Mold Removal Oakland 888 239 2243 says:

competition within 18 months. clear stopping points

along the way might be “still looking”, “i just bought it – now what?”, “where can if find-out how-to…”, and “off to the show.” your readers will be able to identify with each stopping point along the journey – and no

24. Mildew and Mold Testing Oakland says:

english composition courses, or to test into

more advanced courses. these tests that are given to students are generally composed of an essay section and a multiple choice section as well. placement exams such as these are designed to make sure each student is where he or she

25. Mold Testing San Francisco we ONLY do Mold Testing in SF says:

ensure you that the article you bought

has also been sold 100’s of others. all they are doing is modifying the article somewhat and put in a different identify.no one understands what your business is all about more than you. if you’re serious and proficient at what you

26. Indoor Air Quality Testing in Sacramento says:

with a professional writer can really help

you develop some consistency with your article submission schedule. consistent article submissions are the key to success–you really need to submit articles steadily every month.there are many very skilled writers who offer their services for hire–if…

27. oakley sunglass coupons says:

oakley sunglass coupons

I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know.

28. potency pills says:

convince me-of course your children love mommy’s

book.do not try to wow me with your experience: i don’t need a list of every publication you’ve written for and the name of every article published. most publishers are not impressed by degrees, careers, or experiences because while those things

29. van hire london says:

to improve vocabulary is simply to read

a lot; look up any words you don’t know for their meanings; in time, as you come across certain words in your reading, they will become so familiar to you that you will find yourself using them without giving them thought.

30. HENRI says:

HENRI

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my web site thus i came to go back the favor?.I’m attempting to find things to enhance my website!I assume its adequate to use some of your concepts!!

31. wyposażenie biura says:

visitors on a daily basis. even if

you already have a website, having a blog will provide you with great ways to interact with your customer database.i personally enjoy blogging because it takes so little time out of my day, all while getting me the traffic and new

32. water ionizers says:

have to set up an efficient article

marketing plan. write at least two articles every day. this will only take about an hour if you know your subject well. do this for a few months. after awhile you will have plenty of articles attracting visitors and clients to

33. blog news says:

blog news

Counterclockwise | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

34. portefeuille homme louis vuitton says:

portefeuille homme louis vuitton

Après cela, un certain nombre des arbitres et des journalistes face à face, parler de leur expérience de l’application de la loi. Dans la soirée, la Football Association est appelée à jouer les journalistes et les arbitre…

35. lunette oakley de vue says:

lunette oakley de vue

Informations IT168 comme amis sportifs, choisissez toujours des vêtements de sport, des montres de sport, téléphone portable de sport, aujourd’hui, nous poursuivons le sport est de plus en plus le mode de vie que les disques durs mobile…