IGF Finalists Announced

The IGF finalists have been announced. They are all below.

I’m disappointed to see that Fez hasn’t made it into the Seumas McNally entries. There looks to be so much potential there, and I really hope it delivers. It’s made two other categories. Very glad to see Crayon Physics Deluxe making the cut, and surprised to see Hammerfall in there. It’s certainly lots of fun, but I wouldn’t have thought it had quite everything you’d need to be a grand prize finalist. Also, how on earth did Rückblende miss out on the Visual Art final list? Such are the questions in my head. All the winners are announced on Feb 20th.

The finalists are as follows:

Seumas McNally Grand Prize:

Technical Excellence:

World of Goo
Goo!
Audiosurf
Axiom: Overdrive
Gumboy Tournament

(Huge thanks to Indygamer, who made finding the links for these SO much easier)

1. Tim says:

The pleasure’s all ours. RPS over Joystick or Otakus anytime. :)

2. Crispy says:

If only a handful of these were released on Steam or XBLA I would be a happy bunny indeed. :)

3. Tr00jg says:

Congrats! Long live indies. :P

4. Robert says:

Rückblende is a students entrant, the finalists of that competition will be announced later.

5. fish says:

aww, thanks jon.
    im very happy with my two nominations.
    its a hell of an honor to be put next to some of those guys.
    im just happy i get to go to SF!

but yeah, i would have liked a shot at those 20 grand :(

6. Ed says:

Pitty virtually none are actually complete, had a look through the sites for the first 5 and Crayon Physics Deluxe and World of Goo show a lot of promise.

As Crispy says, I hope these come to Steam.

7. Rock, Paper, Shotgun: PC Gaming’s Ivoriest Tower » Blog Archive » Rückblende says:

[…] not one of the shortlisted few), Rückblende, now has a new mirror so you can download and see what the fuss is about. It’s a portly 593mb, or 42.3 […]

8. PearliePruitt23 says:

I opine that to get the loans from banks you ought to have a good reason. Nevertheless, once I’ve received a commercial loan, because I was willing to buy a building.

9. igf finalists says:

[…] week ago were the finalists for the main competition for the 12th Annual Independent Game Festival.IGF Finalists Announced | Rock, Paper, ShotgunThe IGF finalists have been announced. They are all below. I'm disappointed to see that Fez hasn't […]