Bounty Bay For Free

The developers of the online pirate game Bounty Bay, the awesomely named Suzhou Snail Electronic Co., have announced that their client is now free to download with a ten day trial. There’s a sub if you want to keep playing, but ten days should give you enough of a taste the high seas to decide whether you need to spend some of your hard-earned treasure.

We can only think that this news comes in response to the news on that other MMOArrrrPG, Pirates Of The Burning Sea, begins its public beta tomorrow. We’ll be bringing you a report on that (thanks to access to the closed beta) tomorrow morning.

1. gaijin says:

does the 3.627% offer on elves in the footer still stand then, in the wake (arf) of PotBC?

2. drunkymonkey says:

PotBS has been announced for a few years, gai. It’s been in production for ages.

3. adambaum says:

I misread this a Botany Bay.

“Do you mean he never told you the tale? To amuse your Captain, no? Never told you how the Enterprise picked up the Botany Bay lost in space from the year 1996 with myself and ship’s company and crew in cryogenic freeze?”

Pirates… meh.

4. Junior says:

um… I REALLY like Sid Meier’s Pirates, and I’ve been looking for a successor, unsuccessfully.

But I’ll admit total confusion with all these other pirate games, other than knowing that anything with Caribbean in is awful, all the others I honestly can’t tell apart, can someone clear this up for me so I can get on with hunting down some Spanish doubloons?

5. Piratepete says:

I’ll give you ‘Pirates…meh!’

I really should get a sub for one of these. I signed up for the public beta of POBC but no answer. You’d have thought with my name they would have jumped at the chance.

6. suibhne says:

[…] Legal … NY (Hilary de Bh¡l, bean Mhic Suibhne) Holy Shmoly! ( Donncha Caoimh) iGaeilge …Bounty Bay For Free | Rock, Paper, ShotgunThe developers of the online pirate game Bounty Bay, the awesomely named Suzhou Snail Electronic […]