Bowled Over? Blood Bowl Site Goes Live.

Stunties, Orcs, etc.

While there’s little actual information available on the site proper, the first official shots of Cyanide’s version of Games Workshop Fantasy Football are become available. It’s coming across several formats, including DS, so who knows what version these are for. They look kinda PCy. Let’s say PC. Cyanide’s most relevant previous game was Chaos League which – er – I may have done the English translation for the commentators for. Er… is that the time? Go screens!

It's Bowl!
It's Blood!
It's Bowl And Blood!

Them sure are somes fights.

1. Nick says:

Turn based? Say it’s so..

2. Kieron Gillen says:

I believe you have the option of either.

KG

3. Nick says:

Ahh, best of both worlds then, excellent. It’s funny they sort of basically made their own version of Blood Bowl and now the are.. making a real one.

Sort of like Tim “Ripper” Owens.

4. Phil says:

Hopefully dwarf tossing will form an integral part of my sporting life once more.

5. Spenceroo says:

I so do hope for a stable online league mode. And dwarf tossing obviously. BB will always remain my favorite tabletop. And the comic elements made it even halfways socially acceptable back in the days.

6. Ging says:

I have fond memories of my (nearly) all halfling team… They were so rubbish it was painful, don’t think they ever won a game in the league I played in briefly.

7. JJ says:

This reminds me of one of my favourite amiga-games: Grand Monster Slam

8. JJ says:

I screwed up the link, go here:
    link to lemonamiga.com

9. groovychainsaw says:

Ooooh, more turn based addiction. Is this coming out on consoles? – this would make a nice, sofa-based game (apologies to the pc folk out there…)

10. Bob Arctor says:

Chaos League wasn’t bad actually as long as you played it turn based, quite satisfying.

11. Spenceroo says:

Grand Monster Slam oh god the fondness. These screens just reactivated entire regions of my brain devoted excusively to obscure fanatsy sports games. Anybody remember M.U.D.S. (Mean Ugly Dirty Sports) for the C64?

12. Citizen Parker says:

I wrote a long, dull article on this when they made the announcement a couple of weeks back. I scrapped it when realizing everything I could say reduces to one sentence:

I hope they implement online leagues that are even half as good as the sublime FUMBBL, and I hope they keep permadeath for players.

13. The_B says:

Are you translating this one Kieron? If so slip an obscure RPS reference in there… ¬_¬

14. Mouj says:

Grand Monster Slam was pretty awesome at the time !
    I might enjoy this one, as i’ve always been fond of Blood Bowl’s tabletop version. Sounds exciting !

15. I_still_love_Okami says:

I’m such a geek…

Blood Bowl was the first GW game I played (together with Space Marine, later known as Epic Space Marine, later known as Epic 40.000).. I was 13…

I guess I could write a whole book about the Blood Bowl league in our class.. How we made our own playing fields out of cloth, so we could play blood bowl wherever we went.. How we would brag around about our painting skills and whatnot…

It was the beginning of a very long and very unhealthy addiction… on the other hand all the money I spent on metal miniatures, rule books and whatnot during my teeange years was money I couldn’t spend on drugs and booze, so GW is probably the only reason I survived this part of my life…

16. Garth says:

I really, really wish they would do exactly this, only for another sport. As good as Mutant League Football was, I will always remember the greatest sports game, ever.

17. Jives says:

one of the mods on their forum “we’re trying to have the same guy do the English texts than for Chaos League.”

does this refer to Kieron?

18. I_still_love_Okami says:

Garth, I stand to correct you. M.U.D.S. for the Amiga is the greatest sports game ever made and every right thinking person in the universe knows that.

19. Joonas says:

Oh god, yes. That’s looking pretty okay. Really, any sort of decent digital rendition of Blood Bowl is welcome to me. I played quite a bit of that Java-based thing in addition to the tabletop game (despite losing all the time with my Lizardmen team).

20. Spenceroo says:

@I_still_love_Okami

you stole my biography!!! Bastard!

21. Nick says:

I still want a computer recreation of Necromunda, if only because I have no one to play with and haven’t for about 10 years.

22. Rodafowa says:

Point of pedantry – you couldn’t toss dwarves in Blood Bowl. Halfling-tossing, sure. And you could toss as many goblins as you liked. Dwarves? Never.

Looks nice, although the stands and sidelines seem a bit empty. I presume these are massively work-in-progress pics, though.

23. Jives says:

I dislike the way that the posters are just the bloodbowl box.

24. Lightbulb says:

Necromunda would make an awesome setting for an MMO.