Vegas, bab… oh, fuggetit.

Strike a light, they’ve only gone and doing themselves another first-personage shootual fun-play. Ubisoft have released some more images of Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (which is another one of those cunning re-namings to cover the fact we’re probably up to Rainbow 6-6 by now. Which just sounds silly).

God, we need to retire Swingers as a cultural reference

Click-click for larger, and go beneath the cut for another shot of people walking down walls and the teaser trailer.

See, told you:
I'd love to do this, except without the getting shot by terrorists bit.

Thanks, Gametrailers! – we hope no-one takes you hostage in a terrorist siege, and if they do, we hope brave men rescue you all and shoot them all dead.

Initial thoughts: I haven’t been to Vegas for ages. I wonder what my mates are doing there?

You?

1. Jim Rossignol says:

I haven’t been to Vegas for even longer than you.

2. Janek says:

I just plain haven’t been to Vegas.

Do I win?

3. Nallen says:

This has the smack of a two pint lunch about it.

:D

4. Matt says:

I enjoyed the first Vegas title. I loved the cover system and while it deviated from the previous games in style I thought it was a fun title.

I also got a lot of mileage out of the co-op mode, despite its flaws regarding the story-telling aspects of the campaign.

5. Sander says:

Ooh maybe I can play too: never been to Usa at all.

It’s debatable whether I’ve even made it out of Europe at all: I’d say Ephesos really isn’t Asia Minor yet, and the Canary Islands are clearly part of Spain.

6. Muscrat says:

Honestly i’d KILL for a new proper Rainbow Six game.

Like a sequal to RavenShield…..

Vegas just does not seem like a Rainbow Six game, as did the console revisions of R6 3 on the Xbox…..

7. Kieron Gillen says:

I’m often tempted to do some manner of article charting how the game’s changed across the year. It’s… well, somewhat insane.

KG

8. Dan Forever says:

Vagas took more than a little out of the Splinter Cell pie I remember thinking when the E3 trailers first came around.

9. Cruz says:

Matt: The PC version has co-op?

10. Nick says:

Despite it not actually being a proper Rainbow 6 game, I really enjoyed it.

And yes, R6 Vegas had co op story mode and terrorist hunt, although the story mode was lacking most of the dialogue and so on, it was good fun.

11. DigitalSignalX says:

Been to Vegas, but only sat in a lounge once at Heathrow. Curious why they would pick Vegas as the location of the next Rainbow game.. surely these guys could get some mileage out of ziplining from a chopper and shooting up the Patronas Towers, Chrysler Building, Eiffel, Big Ben, etc.

12. dhex says:

vegas is one of the most insanely depressing places on earth, and i’ve ridden a train through the netherlands.

i picked up the first rainbow six (as an open box so i wasn’t directly giving tom clancy money, thankfully) and i don’t think i “get” it. i keep fucking up the training/intro mission.

it pains me to say that i’m too stupid to play a tom clancy game, to be sure.

13. James says:

Cruz: the PC version is the slickest co-op FPS you can get a pair of grubby mits on at the moment.

14. Garth says:

It’s weird that you just posted this, as I got back from the mall 20 mins ago, and got a Rainbow Six Tin Box.. thing. In it was:
    Rainbow Six
    Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
    Rainbow Six Eagle Watch
    Rainbow Six Lockdown (I know, I know)
    Rainbow Six 3
    Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword
    Rainbow Six Hat
    Rainbow Six Shirt
    Rainbow Six Bag

For 20 bucks. I am so damn happy, my friend and I are going to be playing Rogue Spear multiplayer for the next few days, haha.

15. Garth says:

Oh, and a Mousepad that improves on my old one. So, happy camper here.

16. Nick says:

That reminds me, I *still* haven’t seen Swingers.

17. Slappeh says:

I love that they are called “Rainbow” its such a lovey dovey name for an awesomesauce elite proshoes squad of death.

18. LaKriz says:

Read the excellent book by Tom Clancy and you know why they are called “Rainbow 6”.

19. Matt says:

They are actually an elite squadron of care bears, hence the rainbow name.

20. No Picnic says:

The Rainbow 6 name is completely divorced in my mind from, y’know, rainbows. It’s kind of like how you don’t think of hard-shelled insects when you think of the Fab Four. At any rate, the Rainbow 6 brand is a great example of how to think of an original, marketable name without it sounding generic (Project Origin anyone?).

I can see the Wikipedia rabbit trails begins from someone looking up Rainbow 6: Rainbow 6, rainbows, Reading Rainbow, Lavar Burton, Jordie, Star Trek: The Next Generation, the Borg, Microsoft, Apple, iPhone, iPod, Pod People, P.O.D., payable on delivery, Ron Popeal…..

21. Kieron Gillen says:

RAINBOW ISLANDS 6 would be a brilliant videogame.

KG