PCG UK Cast Their Pods

Photo by 'Menes on the rocks'.

PC Gamer UK’s new podcast is up, featuring not only super-hot exclusive discussion of Sims 3, but also everyone’s favourite me, me!

Highlights include discussion of my beard, chess and masturbation, but sadly no sneaky mention of RPS or my cat. Also some slightly more productive discussion of the aforementioned Sims, the PC Gaming Alliance, GDC and games that completely surprised us.

1. M. Banana says:

You’re too late, I’ve already listened to it.:P

2. Babs says:

my beard, chess and masturbation

What an unpleasant image.

3. Jae Armstrong says:

No cat? Well shit, that’s my day ruined.

4. Matt says:

I tried listening to it but the sound levels are all over the place. This makes it very hard work to listen to in the car. Got about 5 mins in and gave up. Not going bother with this podcast anymore.

I hate to say it but the PCG US make for much more entertaining listening (and you can hear what they’re saying), which as a UK gamer makes me sad.

5. MisterBritish says:

No gratuitous neck-cracking this time? That was horrific :)

No sound problems here, bit quiet but fine coming from a PC.

6. Frosty840 says:

So, what does “Britain’s Leading Adventure Games Critic” think of Sims: Castaway, having heard it branded as an Adventure by little Tim?

7. Satsuz says:

Can we get a transcript on this, please?

8. Kadayi says:

Enjoyable, but longer is never a bad thing and a bit more discussion/debate about Sims 3 would of been good. The whole shift to this one world scenario is going to have a real impact on how people play, compared to presently. Will players still be able to run multiple households? What happens when family members want to leave households? What kind of game world are you likely to end up with a few generations in? How many Sims can you control in total? Those are the sort of things I’d of like to have heard covered.

9. Omnibus: March 16th - 22nd | Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Pretentious, moi? says:

[…] Audiosurf review. Quite likes pop music. Eve Online elections. Gamers create space parliament. PC Gamer UK podcast, starring John. He’s got a face for radio. Virtusphere. What the shit. EA’s Chris Corry doesn’t […]

10. KBKarma says:

I have but one problem with podcasts: I tend to listen to music on mah mp3 player, since it’s the only thing that can drown out the sound of the city (also, music rocks).

The only time I can listen to podcasts is at home. Where I play MORE music (remember, music rocks), also videos, games, and Ghosts (I once played Ghosts while I slept. Wasn’t too bad. Not so good from a PC with a 2.1 speaker system, though. Couldn’t get ANY sleep that night…).

Also… NECROMANCY!!!

11. armstrong steam traps says:

[…] 'n' quip demon-slaying game, Devil May Cry 3, on the PC. Needless to say there were guffaws from DMCPCG UK Cast Their Pods | Rock, Paper, ShotgunPC Gamer UK's new podcast is up, featuring not only super-hot exclusive discussion of Sims 3, but […]