BoingBoing TV has run a report looking at the makers of Second Skin, the documentary about the people who play MMOs. This brief piece charts their reactions to the launch of the film, as well some of the backstory of its creation. This clip and the film itself are pretty much essential viewing, thanks to the meticulous way they record the highs and the horrors of our obsession with online gaming.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
Search for clues
News and things
Tim Schafer tells the story of Amnesia Fortnight
Have You Played... Reigns?
Tinder meets Game of Thrones
Browse our tags
Respond to our gibber
- VN1X : “What makes you say this will take place in a modern setting Alice?” on Far Cry 5 trailers tease new setting: Montana
- jeremyalexander : “Being evil in a game is fantastic. Tyranny didn't fail because of it's premise, it ...” on The RPG Scrollbars: The Fall Of Tyranny
- Drib : “I feel like, generally speaking, the person with the most money decides cases like this. ...” on Do Valve own Dota? A jury may decide
- Tannhauser : “Have to take issue with Judge Dredd as lawful evil, he is a textbook example ...” on The RPG Scrollbars: The Fall Of Tyranny
- VisibleMachine : “"PC Gamer"?” on RPS is hiring! Come work with us on videos and hardware
Why do we spend time playing games we don't like?
Looking at the data behind bad games
Free Loaders: Risky Phone lets you be this asshole
The best free games of the week
The Sunday Papers
How To Get Old Skyrim Saves Working In The Skyrim Special Edition
How to fix Skyrim SE save crashes
Don't let this golden age of games end
The casualties of being spoilt for choice
Destiny 2: what new players need to know
The 10 Best PlayStation Now Games
Coming to PC soon.
The Flare Path: What are they all playing this weekend?
Best PC gaming deals of the week
Cheap games for the weekend
The Great Outdoors: The Witness
How to build an island
Wot I Think: The Edgelands
Wot I Think: Endless Space 2
Close but no war
The Best GTA 5 Mods
Play as a cop, add flying cars, and more
Requiem for an old PC
Retired after seven years
Jon Shafer on designing Civilization 5, joining Paradox and making strategy games better
Master of maps
How Tool-Assisted Speedrunning Reveals The Inner-Life Of Video Games
Meet the obsessives deconstructing Mario 64
Wot I Think: Brute
N++ with a spaceship
Wot I Think: Bokida - Heartfelt Reunion
Fly my pretties