MySims Headed To PC, And Online

Wii-based Sims spin-off, MySims, is to appear on the PC this October, along with a new 8-player online mode. The game – a sort of cross between Lego and Animal Crossing – is a cutesified, deliberately Japanese-styled game of building a town and filling it with happy, bobble-headed people. The excellent Keza assures me it’s very girly indeed.

So now it’s coming out on the PC, with online features. That’s the PC. The PC. MySims, with online features, on PC, for the PC, on PCs this October, for the PC, online. Below is EA’s press release. With the clues provided here, and in the details below, see if you can guess which format it’s for, and what the new features might involve.

MYSIMS BRINGS ALL THE FUN FROM THE HIT WII GAME, ALONG WITH NEW FEATURES, TO PC PLAYERS WORLDWIDE IN OCTOBER

Play And Share Online With Your Friends And Meet New MySims Characters On Your PC!

Guildford, UK — July 7, 2008 — The Sims™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) Label, today announced the first details for MySims™, made for the PC, coming to stores in October, 2008. MySims first launched on the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ in Autumn, 2007 and has been a worldwide hit embraced by players everywhere. Now the game makes its way to the PC with new online features and new characters.

In MySims you can create original characters, build a town, grow a community and discover a world of your own. Start by personalising the appearance of your MySims from head to toe and go on to unlock cool new items as you befriend and build relationships with your neighbours. Make your creations unique when you design your own homes, shops, restaurants and more in this fun, open-ended game. All that you need is a little creativity and some help from the locals!

Now on the PC with new online features and characters! Have fun with friends safely in a shared online game space and discover surprises and wonders in your newly created town with the MySims you love and a new cast of characters! Now in MySims, made for the PC, you can find all the fun of the first game plus new online features and all-new characters to spark your creativity. Safely chat, interact and play games like Tag and Hide-and-Seek with your online buddies. Construct buildings and create objects to use cooperatively with up to seven friends that are online with you. Like trading cards, share your creations with your friends in-game, as well as outside the game via email or instant message so that others can enjoy them in their own MySims town. The choice to play online is yours, so you can decide to play as a single-player or expand your experience by playing with friends in an online neighborhood.

“MySims, made for the PC, opens up the world of MySims for you to explore, play and share with up to seven other friends that are online with you,” said Rod Humble, Head of Studio for The Sims Label. “For the first time, you can express the creativity of MySims with others in a collaborative way, as you create and live in a shared town with your friends online. With MySims, made for the PC, it’s a whole new world of interaction with personalised creations, buildings and towns to share, along with furniture and other tailored creations that you and your friends can trade. Players who enjoyed MySims on the Wii and Nintendo DS will view this as a great way to connect with friends in an online PC game and those new to MySims will find this a fresh and exciting game.”

In October – it’s time to get your MySims out on the town!

—–

But what’s it out on in October? And what do they mean by this cryptic “out on the town” statement?! WE DEMAND TO BE TOLD!

Now, I’ve met Rod Humble, and he doesn’t talk like that at all. I’ve got a feeling EA might have secretly replaced him with a robot. Artist’s impression:

With photoshopping skills like this, I'm wasted in text.

1. Meat Circus says:

Ladies will buy lots of these. Real ladies with breasts fully enclosed by clothing.

2. Klaus says:

Jeez, everyone looks so… happy. They look happy just to be alive. The cynic in me thinks a new ways to grief people. *sigh*

3. Anon says:

But how are us PC gamers to play it if it’s only out on Wii?

4. Okami says:

I think I read somehwere, that it’s coming out for the pc. And online.

5. RichPowers says:

Someone should write a piece on the evolution of The Sims from “geeky game designed by guy behind other geeky games (SimAnt)” to “best-selling PC game of all time with an infinite number of spin-offs and expansions, plus a movie in the works.” I don’t think anyone saw this coming in 2000, back when the game’s selling point was that it was “from the creator of SimCity.”

6. Nimic says:

You’re wrong Okami. My friend who works for a company who’s bosses wife almost married an EA employee told me it’s definitely not out for the PC. And you can just forget “online”.

7. The_B says:

Am I the only one who is getting the feeling from this PR that EA are trying a more subversive version of the “PC GAMING IS NOT DEAD OH NO” argument?

I use the term ‘subversive’ loosely.

8. Crash says:

Damn, I can’t see from this press release if it’s coming out on a pc. They didn’t said even a word about that.

9. Okami says:

@Nimic: Well, I read it somewhere on the internet, so it has to be true, because otherwise it wouldn’t be allowed on the internent.

10. K says:

I’d like to be able to create things, possibly for some sort of Sims, which are mine. I’m not sure if this game allows that.

11. fanciestofpants says:

Wait a minute, stop.

Let me collect my thoughts here….

What platform is this coming out on? OOH OOH I hope there’s some sort of on-line capability *FINGERS CROSSED*!!11 I DARE TO DREAM!

12. phuzz says:

0mg do0Dz wtf is this sh17 wiv no 0nzlin3 sh155??!?!?

and so forth.

13. Robin says:

The game is actually called “MySimsTM, Made for the PC”. I welcome this trend in title-based guidance, but still think that they should have gone with: “MySimsTM, You’d Be Better Off Just Buying Animal Crossing (Sorry Everyone)”

14. Cold says:

I hope they release this on PC.

15. Okami says:

After a hard days work discussing the objectification of women ( I’ve got the flu and there’s nothing on tv, I’m allowed to waste my time on the internet) this is a welcome distraction.

By the way there are nine mentionings of the word pc and twelve of the word online in that press release. I counted them for you, so you didn’t have to.

And yes, I really am bored out of my mind..

EDIT:

@Robin: But animal crosssing isn’t beeing released for the pc! And it has no online capabilities. Because in MySims for the pc, I can play online with my online buddies. On the pc.

16. Tak says:

But…Animal Crossing features some basic online capabilities. Your peeps can ‘visit’ others though you’ll not get to walk about town yourself.

I mean, sure, this has TWELVE TIMES THE ONLINE, and it’s ON THE PC, so this is a hard sell, but…

17. Klaus says:

So what do you do in other people’s towns if not walk around? I have Animal Crossing for the DS but have yet to visit another’s town. My lovely town of Mordor has probably gone to hell…

18. Charlie says:

That was hilarious! Nice one Mr Walker!

19. Okami says:

MySims on Pc: Twelve times the online than Animal Crossing (not on pc).

Now that would be a great tagline for a game.

(though I’m not quite sure if it’s ‘than Animal Crossing’ or ‘as Animal Crossing’…)

20. AciD says:

The Sims 2 would be always best part for me :)

21. Mil says:

The excellent Keza assures me it’s very girly indeed.

Today RPS has taught me that such comments are sexist, misogynistic and the province of emotionally stunted, compulsively masturbating thirteen year old geeks (as if there was any other kind!).

And yes, I did learn my passive aggression from GlaDOS.

22. Kieron Gillen says:

Keza is a girl, Mil.

KG

23. Mil says:

Doesn’t matter — would the comments in the Damnation thread have been any different if Codemasters was composed exclusively of women?

24. rod humble says:

I am your new robot overlord. Dissenters will be hunted down.

The shared town on the PC version is actually cool, you haters :) You can build and live in your shared town with friends.

John Walker says:

Oh no! I’ve gone and created another evil robot overlord to destroy us.

When will I learn?

26. The Hammer says:

WTF JOHN.

PC GAMING WEBSITE.

You’re only meant to cover PC games!

(Oh god. I’m so unoriginal.)

27. RichPowers says:

So when will we get MySims: Urbz: IKEA Fun Stuff Double Deluxe 2: Online (for the PC)?

John Walker says:

The chances of MySims coming out on PC at all seems a bit far-fetched, Rich.

29. Atacama says:

^I literally just spent 3 hours reading hilarious Old Man Murray but this comment from Walker trumped it all.

I don’t think the target market are fussy enough about “dumbed down console games are killing REAL gaming!!!!” to merit the “it’s not a port, honest” hysteria of the press release…

30. The Sombrero Kid says:

i should point out that mysims was exclusively invented by Doug Church all by himself and so must be amazing! although if this statements true then blacksite must be amazing too.

:S that means there’s something wrong with me!

31. matt says:

Geez, they really should release this on PC, i mean, really.. The PC market is sooo dying..
    Oh, and online, of course, if need be said.

On a side note, it looks so cute, kind of makes me wish it’d have some Happy Tree Friends action in it… *grins

32. Kieron Gillen says:

Mil: Irony. Doesn’t work for Damnation as everyone knows, there’s no such thing as ironic masturbation.

The Sombrero Kid: You know, I hadn’t heard that. You completely sure about it? Are you sure you’re not just confused because Robin Hunicke was designer on it?

KG

33. Jon says:

Is it possible that by “out on the town” they may mean “online“?

34. cullnean says:

edit removed useless comment

(dont admit that often!)

35. The Sombrero Kid says:

@KG he was a producer or something & it’s the only game he’s done since thief to my knowledge, although i think he was working on boom blocks to cause i think it was in an interview about boom blocks that i heard he produced mysims or i could be talking rubbish.

checked mobygames and i am talking rubbish :s

36. Yhancik says:

By “headed”, you mean “hydrocephalused” ?

actually i enjoyed a bit of Animal Crossing (^_^)

37. terry says:

I was disappointed the IKEA fun stuff pack had no rail-shooter section where you are forced to navigate for 3 1/2 hours to select your purchases, no warehouse section (crates!), no lengthy assembly section (with return trips to obtain the correct instruction leaflets) and no crooked furniture/drawers that don’t open/ wardrobes with no back etc etc.