Cryptic invited us over to have a long, hard look at their Champions Online. We had a good stare, talked to anyone who never actively hit us and came back and wrote up a full week of features about it, which I compile now here for the full-on RPG ultromegafeature experience.
- The Game’s Afoot: An overview of the game, what’s new, their aims and a first look at the Monster Island section.
- Jack Emmert Interview: Cryptic’s Chief Creative Officer talks about Champions aims, the learning curve and how MMOs need to grow for the future.
- George MacDonald interview: The designer of the original Champions roleplaying game talks about how it came about and the influence of one school of games on the other.
- Randy Mosiondz interview: Champions Online’s Lead designer talks about the challenges of Champions and how City of Heroes was the game which finally taught him to love the MMO.
- The Character Creator. Art Director Shayne Herrera explains exactly how Champions will redefine defining your characters.
- And we give away a Champions Skateboard. Without wheels. Hurrah!
Frankly, if you can find a more thorough examination of Champions Online elsewhere, you probably work at Cryptic and it’s your bloody design docs. Sez us, arrogantly.