And We’re Back. Mostly.

Sorry about the downtime, folks. We’re migrating to a new server, because we are so very big and strong, but there’ve been a few wrinkles. For now all is well again, but expect a few short outages again tomorrow as we finalise everything. Thanks for your patience. That’s presuming you were patient. For all we know you’ve been so distressed by not being able to read us that you’ve been out and beaten every old person you can find to death with their own shoes. We quite understand. Anyway! Carry on.

Update – still a few problems, it seems. We can only apologise. Look at our little faces. See how they’re crying. Crying in shame, regret and embarrassment. How could you hate something so pitiful? You still love us, right?

(Normal service should be resumed tomorrow).

1. Po0py says:

Well I remained calm. I went and made a cup of tea and when I was done with that I shredded some old bank statements and telephone bills and then I sat down and watched that embarrassing illnesses thingy on Channel 4 and now I’m back here and everything is fine again.

2. Mythrilfan says:

Not as dramatic as advertised. No apparent meltdown of any city ensued. I want my adrenaline back.

3. The Hammer says:

I didn’t even realize, although I wondered why I felt sad inside!

4. KindredPhantom says:

So i can carry on beating old people to death with their own shoes, cool.

Also burning your bank statements is a much more efficient way.

And i’m posting this reply on Google’s Chrome!

5. Kast says:

(Chrome) I thought it was just me, or possibly the browser. I never suspected who the real culprits were and now I can rest in the knowledge that it was YOU all along! Bwahah… oh whatever…

6. Larington says:

I’ve been busy rebuilding my MP3 players contents today so I hadn’t noticed myself.

7. Mike says:

More money? Less money?

8. MetalCircus says:

I came close to vomiting my own stomach lining up through my tear ducts upon the tragic news, but you’re back now. Yippee!

9. Krupo says:

Good thing this doesn’t seem to have affected the RSS feed. :)

10. ScornfulPanda says:

I actually got some work today.
    Congrats on the new hardware may you all become very rich, famous and enjoy you’re own reality tv show.
    In todays show: “Kieron’s sky darkens”

11. Rudolf says:

you are not seriously using the 4u unit for 770 (where the hell is a pound sign when you need it…) £ (c&p!) …with limited bandwith to boot ? You can get a quadcore rack mounted dedicated server with unlimited bandwith, operating system of your choice and/or managed for absolutely less…in germany at least. (check here)

12. Acosta says:

I still love you and glad of seeing the site getting bigger (hopefully that translates reasonably well in cash, dying of success is such a terrible thing).

13. monkeymonster says:

Well it better be soon, that’s 5 old grannies, 2 grandpa’s and uncle who was wearing slippers so far. Save the oldies from being heeled!

14. Real Horrorshow says:

This is connected to the Clear Sky conspiracy, some how. I feel it.

15. mujadaddy says:

“For all we know you’ve been so distressed by not being able to read us that you’ve been out and beaten every old person you can find to death with their own shoes.

Tire iron.

Old people welcome you back.