Hell’s Kitchen

Inexplicably foul-mouthed TV chef Gordon Ramsay is to feature in a new videogame about professional cooking. I’ve always said that there’s a great game to be made about kitchen action, and I wonder whether this Ubisoft title is it.

“The game will allow players to step into Hell’s Kitchen to experience the show’s high-pressure atmosphere. After successfully executing the three phases of an order – preparation, cooking, and service – players will be rewarded with recipes from Hell’s Kitchen and Chef Ramsay. Failure will shut down the kitchen and incur the wrath of the man who put the hell in Hell’s Kitchen.”

Probably not, eh? The game should be out some time this month. [Discovered via Blues.]

1. Nuyan says:

Reminds me of Deus Ex.

But well. A kitchen game. I don’t know, I guess you can turn any concept into a good game.

2. Ketch says:

Kind of like Cooking Mama for adrenaline junkies then?

3. Mark Stephenson says:

A waste of the planets resources

4. Fire_Storm says:

What the f**k is this piece of s**t. I wouldn’t put that in my f******g dog let along my f*****g PC.

Get out of my f******g Internet! You’re a disgrace!

5. Esha says:

FS: …your PC is more important than your canine compatriot?

6. Jochen Scheisse says:

I hope they manage to pull it off. I have some friends who only learn stuff from videogames, and their cooking is awful.

7. Bassem B. says:

If it contains the same amount of profanity as the TV shows, I’d play it. That would be entertaining if nothing else.

8. Stuk says:

**** ***** rotational velocity **** ****** sausage *** ******** arse, **** ********. **** **** ** **** ** shit.

9. Kanakotka says:

Considering Ubisoft’s “success” in the last few years…

Here’s my pre-review.

10. Fire_Storm says:

Esha says:

FS: …your PC is more important than your canine compatriot?

Straw Poll:

Dog or PC? PLACE YOUR VOTES NOW!

11. Irish Al says:

Hey, it worked for Burger Time.

Anyway, as long as I get the in-game opportunity to drop the little bollox with a frying pan when he gets mouthy, I’ll pay top dollar.

12. Malagate says:

@FS, what you did there? I liked it.

Also Dog or PC? PC every time, much lower maintenance and brings me much nicer things than soggy newspapers and sticks.

13. aldo says:

FS: …your PC is more important than your canine compatriot?

I’d be more worried at the implication he sticks game DVDs up his dogs bum.

14. The Shed says:

The “wrath of the man who put the hell in Hell’s Kitchen” will undoubtedly just be a “Service Failed” screen with a rubbish sound clip of Ramsay going ‘You fucking idiot.”

15. Jack says:

a preivew ?? link to playhk.com

16. twb says:

I’d rather see a “Kitchen Nightmares” vehicle, in which you slowly go bankrupt running a ponced-up Brighton fish-and-chippery while being stalked and cursed at by a frenzied Ramsay. It’d be like Silent Hill with a spice grinder.

17. terry says:

This can never reach the soaring heights of Doki Doki Cooking Series – Komugi-Chan no Happy Cake.

18. SPEEDCORE says:

I like how BIA is a related story.

19. Tikey says:

If it’s not called Cookz it isn’t an Ubisoft Game.

20. Stupoider says:

@Jack: Just watched that video you linked.

“You donkey!”

That is all.

21. Kadayi says:

Ramsey is to cookery, what Simon Cowell is to music…

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure he’s a talented chef, but people long ago gave up any interest in the recipes and the focus is purely on watching a grown man who should know better loose the plot over the preparation of food……

22. wien says:

Ramsay is an arse on American TV. The whole “American reality TV” package with the silly editing is just beyond ridiculous when combined with that kind of an ego. In the British version of Kitchen Nightmares I quite like the guy. Still obnoxious, but at least there’s method to the madness. He’s not yelling for the sake of yelling.

• Railick says:

I’m an American and I LOOOOOOOVE Kitchen Nightmares AND Hell’s Kitchen. I love the way he treats his players ( I used to work in a kitchen and I was just like the Chef always cursing at my employees but it was a great deal of fun all around because they’d curse back at me) I love it when he calls a player a F@#$@# Cow or something.I would play a game where you get to BE chef Ramsey and you have to score the game and decide who wins whilst also trying to get the limit of each curse word into the show.

He was on Conan O’Brian a few weeks ago and seemed like a very nice fellow. He seems like the kind of guy I’d get along with (I doubt I’m cultured enough for him though)

23. Geoff says:

I’ll second wien’s comment. Having seen two of his British shows and two of his American shows, it’s clear that the image most people have of him is a character he plays up for American audiences.

The real Ramsay may have a huge ego and competitive streak, but on F Word or the British Kitchen Nightmares, he doesn’t spend 90% of his time yelling.

24. Calistas says:

My fiance loves those “cute” little Japanese cooking games, and she loves Gordon Ramsey. This could be the “gateway game” for her!? Heck!

25. Radicand says:

Though I do enjoy Ramsay’s shows and I think he does make good TV from the more candid interviews I’ve seen with him (see in particular his Room 101 appearance) it seems like he’s really a self-important misogynist arsehole.

@Railick: Common mistake, but British accent != cultured, especially in his case.