Perfect World: “Not Perfect”

Honestly, don’t take it from me! Pangu said it. You know, Pangu, God/caretaker being of the new Korean MMO, Perfect World… in the trailer that follows on after the jump. The trailer shows loads of the world itself which, while not perfect, is certainly striking. Flying temples, dudes on skybound-skate-swords, stuff like that. That screenshot even seems to show a gimp-suited panda riding a two-headed dragon.

So: magic swords for mounts. How is that not good idea?

1. Heliocentric says:

Its a potentially double edged issue.

2. Tackle says:

Zing!

3. Malagate says:

Well I hope they can get a grip on this pointed concern to cut down on sharp criticisms.

Those swords they were riding were also on fire right? I just felt the whole video was quite silly, such as when it talks about the deadly war it shows a couple of bodies lying around a pristine town, and when the picture started shaking I couldn’t suppress the giggles.

Pangu could also do with a drink, sooo dry.

4. Johnnemann says:

Perfect World is actually based on a Chinese MMO, I believe, not a Korean one.

5. teo says:

the thought of people playing this makes me sad

6. Noc says:

I was curious about this a while back, when I’d flopped off the end of an EVE trial and was shopping around for an MMO that wouldn’t ostracize me for not having any money. You know, a free one.

So I downloaded it, and installed it, but the patcher wouldn’t patch. So I couldn’t play it, and moved on. And that’s my story.

[Edit: The world is not perfect.

There are anomalies. Creatures that would seek to do you harm.

Standing around in fields.]

7. Krushchev says:

This seems to be a nice lookin’ MMO, but a grinder nonetheless.

8. Tei says:

Has good ideas, but is still a grindfest assia mmo. Maybe thats not bad, If you like that.

9. sigma83 says:

I’m actually interested to know why asian MMOs haven’t moved on from the grind model. Does it actually work for us asian people? o.O

10. The Guy says:

I’ve played it. Pretty and all, but incredibly unintuitive and not anything new really. When will asian MMORPG developers learn that in this day and age you have to have a game that’s WELL FUCKING THOUGHT OUT to begin with?

@Sigma: Actually, the game has quests and little “grind”, sorta like WoW.

11. IIshin says:

Be that it has no grind, the quests themselves are not innovative, and has nothing new to add to the genre. Perfect World is basically ROSE online with better graphics.

12. ugg sale says:

I do not want to make any negative comments, because it was really nice