Rudely Awakened By The Vortigaunts

OI! Because he didn't.

This is your late-night silly: Mike Rose, of the deliciously lovely IndieGames, spent the time he was supposed to be studying for exams last year making a Parklife spoof in the Half-Life 2 engine. He’s only just remembered he did it, and sent it our way That you haven’t done this is why you’ll never know the fame and glamour that inevitably awaits Mike Rose. It is, of course, below.

If I may venture one small criticism (other than how the singing makes my ears want to cry) it’s the complete absence of an “OI!” at the beginning. But apart from that, more of this sort of nonsense.

To compare and contrast, here with an almost frightening disregard for copyright, is Blur’s Parklife video:

1. Katsumoto (jvgp100) says:

Americans*. Tsk.

2. phuzz says:

Now now kids, if we’re going to have a trans-Atlantic pissing match then we ought to take it out of the comments thread and into the TF2 server.
    damn colonials

3. Jim Rossignol says:

Keep it civil, all of you.

4. Rob Lang says:

It’s a great tribute. I chuckled a lot. I like the way that the fellow uses his own northerner-esque accent rather than trying a Damon mockney one.

The original Parklife was overplayed so much when it was released as some supposed Oasis Killer. Pah to all that nonsense. Did anyone else start to hate what is not a bad song at all? The HL remix has made me see it in a new light.

5. Katsumoto (jvgp100) says:

Sorry, Jim. This site needs an ignore feature, I don’t get nearly as worked up on Eurogamer because my ignore list has about 500 people on it! I’ll just try to ignore in my head.

We can do the Blur v Oasis thing instead. Blur ftw. Oasis sucked. Get a load of THAT!

6. Nick says:

“I wasn’t acting confused. My response to you was my first post on the thread. And it was in response to the “Haytch isn’t only British” thing. Lighten up, dude.”

I’m light, I was genuinly not understanding – as for the confused part, that wasn’t directed at you, nor was it responding to anything you said =)

7. Meat Circus says:

link to

In other news, this video is excellent and should have its own television show.

8. Meat Circus says:

‘haitch’ is normally considered bad form, and if spoken in the UK marks one out as a prole, depending on who hears it.

9. travesti says: