Sundays are for sitting in a pristinely clean office. For the first time ever. And now, on my clean keyboard on my clean desk in this clean room, I sit and – with my dirty mind – compile a list of interesting game-related reading from across the week, while desperately resisting trying to link to Falco Ex-McLusky’s new single.
- Presumably this is what prompted one of the readers to ask about Journos going over to Development, which prompted a bit of a ramble in the latest podcast. Newsweek’s N’Gai Croal is now Ex-Newsweek’s N’Gai Croal, as he’s joined the current wave of games journalists deciding to do the gamekeepers-to-poachers (or vice versa) thing. MTV’s Stephen Totilo talks to him about it in a couple of pieces. Sounds as if he’s off to do a similar sort of games consultancy thing to Ex-Edge Editor Margaret Robertson.
- Lara Criger gets married. This is just lovely.
- Lewis Denby of Resolution Magazine does the world’s first review of forthcoming indie-adventure game The Path. Very interested in seeing what I make of this.
- Jason Schklar plays with the idea of a Dungeon-Mastering Co-op game, with Left 4 Dead as a model. I’d play this.
- Alex Thomas of the KOTOR Online Videogame-o-thing writes about the environment building involved in creating the world of Hutta. It’s somewhat polluted. The planet. Not Alex. I don’t know how polluted Alex is.
- Bit-tech do a hefty article on AI in games, with an eye on the practicalities.
- While we’re there, an initial interview with Cliffski about Gratuitous Space Battles over at Tacticular Cancer. Just so we can work out what the game’s actually about. Next – Subversion? C’mon, Delay. Spill.
- “Other Blogs Popular Just Because Girls Write Them”. Yes.
- The Hope That House Built – The Future of the Left Taut.