Perest-Rock-Ya: Stalin Vs Martians Soundtrack

Don't waste your time with Leigh Alexander, Stalin. She doesn't find you sexy.
As well as offering some splendid desktops – the image above is from one of them – the Stalin Versus Martians chaps have been busy. In a cultural alliance between creative beings of a similar artistic muse, the game will feature the video of the Gogol Bordello-meets-Teutonic-metal of ANJ song “Gorbachev”. You’ll find the video beneath the cut. You’ll want to watch it.

At this point some serious, hard-working game developers who release a stream of fascinating information about the intricacies of their game mechanics and technology may be wondering if they’d get better results in terms of getting their game covered on RPS by just doing the most ridiculous thing they can think of.

Yes. The answer is yes.

1. Nighthood says:

Wow. I would have sworn this would have been awful, but it’s actually a decent metal song. Love the viking Gorbachev too.

I NEED this game.

2. CrashT says:

Day One purchase.

3. mrrobsa says:

Mere words cannot do this justice.

4. shinygerbil says:

Yes buying this game.

5. Lukasz says:

two words from me:

HOLY SHIT!

6. Ben says:

best music video ever

7. Greben says:

Perest-Rock-Ya should be a real band in the real world made of real people playing real instruments, as the name is f’king awsome!

I’m really loving the fact that more and more games seem to be going back to that wonderful silliness of the LucasArts adventure days…

8. BeamSplashX says:

C&C can’t even claim to have the most cleavage anymore.

9. chrisis says:

A similiar theme, sort of at least, is the free Soviet-Unterzögersdorf game from link to monochrom.at. Sector II just came out a few days ago, Sector I is also still available for download.
    It’s a point and click adventure game and definitely worth the download.

10. Pani says:

@chrisis
    I just clicked that link to see if I could see a trailer – alas, couldn’t find one, but on the up side, I found the donation button with the following text:

“Help us to create * Sector 3 *. Please donate a few of your filthy Western currency units!”

11. Severian says:

this is so awesome, i think i pooped my pants.

A quote from their FAQ:

“Vopros: Can we play as Stalin himself?
    Otvet: Yes, but not from the start. Stalin is our commander and he gives us orders. Closer to the grand finale he will appear on the battlefield as a playable unit – a huge colossus, five times higher than any other creature. Just like it was in the real life.”

I really hope this is true.

12. Ian Dorsch says:

Absolutely fantastic. Pure genius.

13. Subject 706 says:

Nearly blew an artery from laughter. Truly hilarious.

14. The_B says:

Ah…wha…buh…duh…?

15. Larington says:

Hell, YES!

16. arziel says:

Not a big fan of purchasing games which are not released via steam… but I will definitely make an exception for this game.

17. DMJ says:

I can’t believe it… This music video might actually get a sale out of me just to see if the rest of the game is as gloriously crazy and funny.

18. Mike says:

That screenshot says more than YouTube videos featuring Russian blacksmith women fighting alien Communists ever could.

19. Gap Gen says:

If nothing else, this game just highlights how rubbish Red Alert 3 was. The equation they solved was Red Alert – drama + tits.

Instead the equation they should have solved was Red Alert – seriousness + holyfuckingshit.

20. Mil says:

Just to be clear, was the song specifically written for the game, or it just happened to be a good match and they decided to include it?

21. Dorian Cornelius Jasper says:

DAY ONE PURCHASE

22. Andrew Dunn says:

The song’s been around a while – I’ve definitely seen that video before, possibly from an RPS link a year or more back.

That screenshot of the Stalin Colossus, though. Oh man.

23. Cycle says:

This game is going to be terrible. I mean, look at it. It’s a super generic RTS, except sometimes there is a 50 foot Stalin unit. Even the creators admit that it’s the equivalent of a Nude Mario ROM hack!

“Obviously, the main concept behind the game is pretty much clear if you can see its name. It just speaks for itself. The fact that such game exists is quite an event. It doesn’t really matter what’s behind the name or if the game is playable at all. The concept is enough. Simply makes your brain explode.”

“Our game is unique. Trashy and absolutely over-the-top, arthouse kitsch production in its finest. With a good technical basis and some healthy gameplay innovations. Stalin is anything but boring and it looks pretty like schoolgirl with a kitten. Can you ask for more?”

How about a game that doesn’t look like a generic boring RTS that solely relies on a gimmick? I bet Stalin is rolling in his grave.

It’s sad to see such cheap tactics work so well on everyone here. Seriously, why would you want to play this when Soviet Unterzoegersdorf Sector II has just been released?

link to monochrom.at

Quit “STALIN” and play that game now!

24. Aftershock says:

Ok, so on my RSS feed it shows me the top picture, but not the whole width. So i could see that stalin was thinking something, but not what it was. I scrolled across, and then fell off my chair.

25. Gap Gen says:

This game is going to be terrible. I mean, look at it.

Yeah, it might well be crap, but you have to admit the developers have balls.

26. MeestaNob! says:

That was… extraordinary.

I’m still very dubious on the game, but it really doesn’t matter anymore.

27. Pijama says:

It takes a singular level of crappiness to become art.

Of course, one step more and you go back to DOUBLE crappiness, but so far, this is batshitfuckinginsane worthy of play.

28. A-Scale says:

This game has the best marketing effort of all time behind it. Lets hope there is some game to top off this delicious cake.

29. DSX says:

What an amazing vision. When I die, my heaven totally will have twinkies, coca-cola, hot dogs and blue jeans fall from the sky on a beach with half naked women with huge tits. It simply can not get any better. Perhaps falling hot pockets too.

30. unique_identifier says:

i haven’t laughed like that for a while

31. dalig varg says:

this is to coin a fraise “totally fucking sweet”

32. Al King says:

“I bet Stalin is rolling in his grave.” And this is a problem? Or are you saying Stalin cares about RTS production values?
    I think the game will probably be terrible, and the explanations saying “We so crazy!” irk me a bit, but, you know, funny :)

33. Bacchanal says:

Better quality here.

pg=embed&sec=1223566

That is also the original source. Quite surprised to see this video pop up again several months after being made but it seems to sit the game quite well. :p

34. Nakki says:

Oh god. This is going to be the best game this year.

35. chrisis says:

@Pani: The download link is right above the “donate” button. Also the game is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
    This is the LEGAL torrent for the game btw (windows version): http://monochrom.at/suz2/torrents/monochrom-SUZ2–version1dot1.exe.torrent
    And this the direct download:

36. Andrew Dunn says:

Thinking about it, this game gives a whole new meaning to ‘Massive Soviet Assault’.

37. Optimaximal says:

I actually snorted coffee when the alien zombie nicked Gorbachev’s axe and his mowed it down with a machine pistol…

If it’s on Steam, it gets a purchase!

38. Tei says:

If továrishch gorvachef can do this for russia, maybe he can visit Spain.

In civi I pick catarina, because has interesting bonus (more culture, faster settlers… that able for initial and strong grown)

39. Daniel says:

Even if this game is going to be terrible, their marketing department is genius.

40. The Fanciest of Pants says:

Gor bless those chaps!

41. The Fanciest of Pants says:

Ok. That video gains instant placement on top 5 best evar music videos. FUCKING. BRILLIANT.

42. Rei Onryou says:

@Optimaximal: Glad I’m not the only one that enjoyed the irony.

Best marketing campaign evar! More batshit!

43. Bas says:

Shit song, funny video. 6/10.

44. Taillefer says:

It’s funny ’cause it’s true.

45. Wulf says:

That was amazing, moar music videos like that? I have a friend that constantly introduces me to insane music videos, but this time I got to show him one! Ha-ha! And the reactions, oh the reactions, what reactions they were. It was delicious.

I’m hoping this game is going to be amaaaazing too, if only to silence the naysayers who’re completely incapable of grasping self-deprecating humour. If anything, it has to be better than Red Alert 3 at least. You heard me!

46. Anthony Damiani says:

meh.

I love self-deprecating humor, but I’m not moved to purchase through raw hipster irony. Or cleavage.

47. Ozzie says:

Hm, when is the sequel Hitler vs. Venusians coming up? Any info about it?
    I guess it needs to be outsourced to Germany though, Russians don’t have the appropriate cultural background…

48. Hunty says: