Lord of the Rings Online expansion The Siege of Mirkwood is now online. Are you already there? Or planning to return? I must confess to having had no real experience of LOTRO, beyond a disastrous pre-release event where I was abandoned in some weird place with nothing to do for 45 minutes before quitting in confusion. I’m assured this isn’t how the game works, but instead it’s a deep, involved and rather musical MMO. And now it’s even bigger with this new chunk of game. There’s a launch trailer below to get you in the mood.
Lots more details can be found in Alec’s interview with Turbine producer Jeffrey Steefel over here. Meanwhile, here’s a quick rundown of what’s included in the $20 expansion:
- Join the elves of Lothlórien in war against Sauron among the ancient ruins, spider-haunted canyons, and foul bogs of Mirkwood
– Discover hundreds of challenging quests in this new region
– Advance your hero to level 65, and take the power of your Legendary Items to level 70
– Create and lead your own customizable soldier in the new Skirmish system
– Infiltrate the Dungeons of Dol Guldur, the Deadly Sword-halls, and the Savage Warg-pens
– Experience action like never before with new enhanced combat responsiveness
– Risk the most challenging 12-person raid ever devised against the Nazgul Lord, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur!