The RPS Bargain Bucket

Stop paying full price for games you silly goose! Come here, look at the cheap games you can get for 10%, 20% sometimes even 30% less than RRP! Throw just a little bit of cash into the bargain bucket, and out pops hours worth of electronic entertainment. Monetary Magic! For more ways to stretch your gaming budget, head to SavyGamer.co.uk.

Metro 2033 + Red Faction: Guerilla – £29.99/€49.99/$49.99
If you are planning on picking up the other game about shooting people in Russia at release, why not preorder and grab yourself a copy of the delicious hammer em up, RFG. Alec had a hands on with the former recently:
“I was particularly taken with the spectral elements, the things you can’t fight – the ghost train rushing by you that’s just headlights, windows and thunderous noise, the shadowy silhouettes of doomed army’s ghosts, the shadowy echo-memory of a long-limbed beast chasing down a child screaming for its mother… There a Stalker comparison is apt – such moments are reminiscent of the unsettling, displacing psychic attack scenes, where reality and hallucination bled into each other. Given the plot involves Artyom’s journey to best/understand the murderous psychic mutants called the Dark Ones, I’m pretty sure we’re in for many such haunting vignettes.”
Sounds creepy-good.

Demigod – £4.60/€5.48/$7.49
This is by far the most mysterious of this weeks selection. Enter the coupon “DG-4355237” to take 75% off the price. I have no idea where this coupon came from, it was sent to me by an anonymous tipster. But it works, so that’s the main thing. There is a demo contained within this link, and RPS coverage is here.

Quantz – £1.89/€2.56/$2.95
I’m just going to repeat what I said in a previous bargain bucket, since the game hasn’t changed, and I think I described it will first time around (although it is even cheaper now):
QuantZ is a game where you have to spin a box, then match up pretty coloured balls, then watch them disappear, then realise that your have lost what youthful good looks you might have once had, then pour yourself another glass of supermarket red wine just to numb the pain, then cry yourself to sleep yet again. So it’s a casual game, and a seemingly shallow one. It does have a lot of pretty lights, and I mean a lot. It’s a nice take on the “match up colours” gameplay of something like Bust-a-Bobble, and in the few levels the demo let me play, they do keep adding new ideas (although the degree to which said new ideas effect gameplay is dubious). Hard to be too passionate about, but I guess it is well executed for what it is, and spinning the box really fast and watching the coloured balls go flying is fun. Oh, in 1280 x 1024 (which over 20% of steam users game at) it is letterboxed, poor form indeed. Demo here.

Majesty bundle (Majesty 1 + 2) – £6.39/€7.31/$9.99
Take it away Mr Meer (on the second game):
“I adore the concept and the essential control system, and enough to fairly cofidently recommend it to anyone looking for something a little different, a little more PC during the three months of big-budget man-shooters that currently await us, but I’m not quite as keen on the game that’s been built around it. I shall keep a greedy eye on it though – a meaty expansion pack or mod could well make it as majestic as it deserves to be.”
Very prophetic, seeing as there is indeed an expansion pack for it.

Deal of the week
Far Cry Complete – £9.98/€19.98/$14.98
You can also buy either the first or second game at similar discount. I have a lot of love for the first Far Cry, I think it’s the sharp dialogue from the enemy soldiers. “HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES”, and “I’M GOING TO SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE” being personal favourites. Jim and Kieron talk about what Far Cry 2 is here, and I’m considering giving it another go. I got about an hour in when I played it first time around, and after that I just couldn’t bring myself to boot it up again. It seemed to involve a lot of waiting for things, and moving from A to B, but not much else. It amazes me how many games have slow intro sections actually, since those are the bits everyone will play, I would have thought it would make most sense to pack as much into the intro section as possible. Nevermind. RPS coverage here.

Also of note:
Crazy Machines Bundle – £12.78/€14.62/$19.99
Overlord 2 – £6.35/€7.27/$9.95
For the Glory – £5.98/€5.98/$5.98
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic – £1.99 delivered (can register on Steam)

For more cheap games, head to SavyGamer.co.uk

1. HexagonalBolts says:

I think Far Cry 2 is one of the most critically overrated games in recent years, up there with the likes of Spore, both games have interesting concepts and some neat mechanics that are tarred by painfully generic and repetitive aspects.

• Psychopomp says:

OH BOY THIS THREAD AGAIN

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

It’s simply awful how some UBI games (AC1, FC2..) feel more like a chore-like game like Raving Rabids…I like them boith, but GOD, do I need to take a lot of breaks..

• chischis says:

Agreed. I ditched Far Cry 2 after a couple of hours. The shooting mechanics were solid, but the open world was underutilised, and the story not engaging enough to bother with further. How not to do it, basically.

• kyrieee says:

The first one is quite excellent though

• Collic says:

Far Cry 2 would have been far, far better if only you didn’t have those horrible insta respawning guard posts. It meant all of your efforts felt futile, and completely destroyed your immersion in the world once you notice it.

That said I did enjoy it, but not to completion; primarily for the reasons above. It just becomes too much of a thankless grind after a while.

• MajorManiac says:

I enjoyed exploring in Farcry 2, but always felt like something was missing. I recon a Jurrasic Park mod would make it a much better experience

• Dominic White says:

For all its flaws, Far Cry 2 has great environments and some of the best gunplay I’ve ever played in an FPS. That’s worth the asking price for me… But I’m one of about three people who actually liked it.. and Bioshock. And Fallout 3.

Just don’t go in expecting STALKER in Africa. It’s not. If anything, it’s even more straightfoward violence than FC1.

• Fumarole says:

I really get a kick out of folks who fire up a shooter and then complain that there are too many people to shoot at.

• MWoody says:

FarCry 2 made some mistakes, but I can forgive a LOT for a game wherein you can set controlled brushfires to flush enemies out of cover (or even burn them alive). It’s also an outright beautiful game, and a lot of fun to just cruise around in, assuming you can dodge patrols. I sincerely hope they’re not discouraged by its lukewarm reception, as with a few tweaks (90% of which consist of removing or reducing respawn timers) it would be an unmatched experience.

• Reiver says:

Hmm, i thought the gunplay in FC2 was particuarly weak. They got so much right with the weapons and the sounds that made them very enjoyable to shoot but this only exacerbated the problem of the lack of feedback from shooting enemies. The amount of bullets i had to pump into the enemies made the fights an unfun chore that felt totally at odds with the realism and meatiness the guns had. It wasn’t even like the heavily armoured koreans in crysis, these were dudes with naked chests or cloth vests shrugging off a burst of ak rounds. I just wasn’t able to have fun even in an arcadey way because everything else clashed with the (lack of) lethality of the guns. :(

There may well be a good game there but i just couldn’t force myself to play it.

• Dominic White says:

No enemy can survive more than a 5-6 round burst to the chest in the game, and a headshot from anything is instantly lethal. You can survive about five times that.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re expecting from the game, other than realism far beyond what your average action game exhibits.

• Vinraith says:

This is where I’m compelled to point out that Far Cry 2 is one of my favorite non-tactical shooters of recent years, second only to Half Life 2. Great environments, enormous freedom to approach a given situation, memorable and mildly insane gunfights, interesting and diverse missions, and a genuinely affecting ending. Yes, everyone wants to kill you, it’s an FPS. Yes, there’s a lot of respawn, and it could be toned down a bit. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the hell out of it, and it’s one of the few FPS’s I actually plan to replay.

• Reiver says:

Nah, it went beyond standard action game ie. MW 2 (which imo got the balance spot on) and well into “are these bullets made of foam” territory. it wasn’t an extreme reaction either as i remember it being mentioned frequently enough at the time although not as much as the respawn complaint.

• invisiblejesus says:

I dunno about the shooting, personally I thought it was OK but I was turned off by the shitty FOV; it wasn’t too bad in regular play, but driving was such an unpleasant chore it turned me off from the game. Cramped view + scrunched FOV on 16:10 monitors = invisiblejesus dissaproves.

I also thought it just had an overall sterile feel to it, not as alive as Stalker or RFG, but that may very well change further into the game. I didn’t play it long enough to be too judgemental on that count.

• Psychopomp says:

I have a question for anyone who thinks the guns in FC2 felt weak:Did you try ANYTHING other than the starter gun?

• hoff says:

I have heard that from every single person that actually played it. Everyone.

It was particularly surprising to me, since professional reviews seem to be generally far above the 8.5 mark and rather enthusiastic.

That and the 5 install limit (oh, please…) make me not get it. And thankful I am, since those damn Steam sales are destroying all my money.

• Jason Moyer says:

The copy protection was removed in a patch, which you can install before you run the game phones home at first launch. That includes the disk check (which I find more annoying than the activation, tbh).

I think Far Cry 2 was great, and would be an all-time-favorite if hostile NPC’s were limited to areas that make sense (mission areas, safe houses). That’s basically the only negative thing I can say about it. The shooting feels almost exactly like Stalker, the stealth works better than the game it took its name from (that is to say, it’s actually possible to take isolated guards down silently without everyone instantly knowing where you are), and as everyone else mentions the atmosphere and environmental variety seal the deal. Exploring the jungle is a good time.

Now, the first Far Cry. That’s a game whose appreciation I’ve never understood. It was worth playing through once I guess, but it ended up on the same pile as every other bland story-shooter I’ve played.

2. Hardlylikely says:

The Metro 2033 + RF:G bundle is unavailable in my region, that being Australia. Rant suppression field activated.

It’s not that I really want RF:G, but getting it at a good price while giving a pre-order to some Eastern European developers with a cool looking game would have been nice. They seem to be some of the most devoted and interesting PC devs these days after all.

I’m sure I’ll be able to find someone who doesn’t hate money that will sell me Metro 2033 eventually.

3. Ricc says:

Spotted Saint’s Row 2 for 5€ on D2D’s Euro page earlier. There seems to be some out-of-beta sale going on.

link to direct2drive.eu

• MadMatty says:

Had a good time playing Saints Row 2 in co-op mode with a friend (it would have been great, if only we could get decent framrates from this crappy conversion).
      Its pretty much a straight GTA rip-off with a nice charcater creator and bad framerates. Get it if you got the newer series of GFX cards, like Nvidia 250 + plus a few friends

• Tom says:

Thanks mate! That’s just the amount I planned to pay for SR2!

• Jesse says:

Saints Row 2 is a lot more than a rip off of GTA.

• Psychopomp says:

Actually, I’d recommend you buy Saints Row 2 for that one friend of yours who always does crazy shit in sandbox games. With that guy at the helm, Saints Row 2 is the single best game you will ever watch.

• MadMatty says:

@ Jesse

Yeah its got co-op and a character generator.

Apart from that i can´t think of a single thing which isn´t ripped from GTA :O

4. CaLe says:

I tried multiple times to get into Far Cry 2 but it just wasn’t happening. Most of the time I ended up just getting bored and driving as far away into the wilderness as I could, getting out to shoot the occasional zebra.

5. Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

While I do acknowledge the benefits of discounts, I can’t I discredit buying games for the initial “high” or better for the initial/preorder cheapest price. Why? Because some games simply deserve it (The Saboteur for one) and buying games during weekend deals/holiday sales/whatevah means I end up with some good games, but lots of I barely install and play once or twice…

6. wiper says:

The Majesty bundle appears to be 9.99€, rather than 7.31€, (and £8.25 rather than £6.39) sadly. Still tempted…

7. mandrill says:

Note the Demigod Coupon doesn’t work if you want to pay with PayPal.

• Gnoupi says:

Note that this is a general fact with Impulse. For some reason, you can’t use paypal if you use a coupon in their shop.

• jon_hill987 says:

Note that there are several purchases I would have made on Impulse if they had let me use paypal.

8. Caleb367 says:

Demigod is quite fun in itself, but at 5€ is raw awesomeness. A billion internets to whomever got the code.

• Bonedwarf says:

I have a code as well, but I think it’s a different one. 75% off. Told me to forward the email. I can’t seem to GIVE the code away. I want to as it means I get discounts on stuff in future but I’ve offered it around to all my gaming friends and NOT ONE PERSON has claimed it.

9. Chris says:

Demigod is alright but leagueoflegends is a much better alternative, and its free! :D

• mejobloggs says:

I tried LoL but preferred Heroes of Newerth a lot more.

Haven’t tried Demigod though

10. fearghaill says:

“Stop paying full price for games you silly goose! ”

Tube’s reach is long, indeed.

11. HidesHisEyes says:

Dark Messiah is WELL worth £2 for a pretty unique sword-em-up.

I’ve never played anything like it. It feels more like COD4 than Oblivion.

• TeeJay says:

I really enjoyed Dark Messiah also – for example seeing how ridiculously high I could climb around a level and what crazy areas I could reach using rope arrows – the parts set around cliffs especially.

• Lars Westergren says:

I second the recommendation of Dark Messiah of M & M. For £2 it is a must buy, I think it got unfairly low reviews. The level design is excellent and really rewards exploring, and there are lots of unique enemies and situations. If there had been more dialogue choices and less linear gameplay I think it would have ranked up with 3D action RPG classics like Deus Ex or Vampire: Bloodlines.

Sure, it looks a bit silly that when there are no dangerous things behind an enemy a kick makes him stagger back half a step, but when something IS there (a cliff edge, one of thousands of mysteriously placed spikes surfaces) they suddenly fly 20 meters through the air like puppet with their strings cut towards their doom. And the “kick” button makes combat a bit too simple. But you know what? You can just choose not to use it.

I really need to replay it as an evil path mage some day, my first playthrough was as a sneaky stabby thief (for an easter egg, one of the best hidden thief armours has the name tag Garret on it).

12. SirKicksalot says:

I like Quantz. It’s relaxing. Has achievements and leaderboards.

• terry says:

I particularly enjoy the awesome euphoric choir at the end of a level, it’s got that whole Peggle “make a huge song and dance about some trivial action” going on.

13. Omroth says:

The highest class of FPS contains two games, and two games only: Half Life 1 and Far Cry 1.

That is all.

14. MadMatty says:

Yeah farcry 2- didnt play more than 4-6 hours of it… the shooter mechanics were far too forgiving, and also you have to pepper your opponents with waaayyyy to many shots.
    Get Farcry 1 if you havent played it, i regard that as a small classic, completed it too!- and it goes reeeeaaally overboard near the ending- that was a great laugh.
    Felt tempted by Majesty 2, but the reviews were really so-so…
    Mainly considering getting Zeno Clash for something to do in the weekend, as that game actually got some ORIGINAL DESIGNS going on (if youre in the industry, TAKE NOTICE ffs!… take your elves and shove it plz, were fed up.)

15. ZeeKat says:

Oh dear. Metro 2033 + RF:G for 50 euros as a bargain. I’m pretty sure I’d buy this set in non-bargained manner way cheaper in local store for local monies. Thanks steam.

Metro 2033 looks cool anyway, even if it’s not stalkery open-world.

16. Magnus says:

10% off all Telltale stuff at GamersGate also, I picked up the complete TOMI series earlier today.

See also Space Siege 75% off (£2.48 – anyone know if it’s any good?)
    And Bioshock 50% off (£9.95) Mind you, I expect most folks have this already if they ever wanted it.

• r3d says:

lol space seage is not good i no i have it and want to die

• MWoody says:

Space Siege is diablo, minus:

– loot
      – plot
      – loot
      – environment
      – loot
      – skill trees
      – loot

17. CreativeShadows says:

The demigod code probally came from a mailshot stardock did to all demigod owners. details in the link below

link to stardock.com

18. Mac says:

That’s the Demigod code I was sent … I posted it on Hotukdeals.com. Nice to see that people can buy it for such a good price:)

• LewieP says:

Aha, someone probably saw it there and sent it to me, MYSTERY SOLVED.

It appears to be multiple use though.

• Mac says:

I should have bought shares in Stardock before posting it :p

19. r3d says:

strange man it was there for me the other day, i diddnt get it but i could have. i just rechecked and now i cant. dam steam reagon shenanegans.
    @collic
    we dont hate vidiogames michael atkinson dose

20. terry says:

There ain’t *nothing* in Coupon DG-4355237. But you ain’t got no business going in there anyway. So stay out, y’understand, stay *out*.

21. C_B says:

Well, that Demigod code is mysterious, but i have been wanting that for a while.

Yoink!

22. malkav11 says:

The coupon is a promotion from Stardock, supposed to be a way to recruit a friend to play Demigod cheap, I think. I’d gotten the impression they were random, use-once codes, but apparently not!

23. Xocrates says:

The Demigod coupons are meant to be referrals, so multiple use and I suspect that every Demigod owner got a different one so they can keep track of who referred to how many friends.

Supposedly this will lead to “exclusive email offers” to people who gave the coupon to other people.

• Mac says:

They should be buying me a new house and a nice DB9 to go with it, given the number of people who will have used my code :p

24. MadMatty says:

heres a find: link to game.co.uk Its retail but UK deliveries are free… the standard price is usually cheaper than those weekend sales online… direct download is more expensive though

25. undead dolphin hacker says:

For what it’s worth, I still can’t recommend Demigod even at a $7.50 pricetag. As someone above mentioned, League of Legends is simply a better game, and further, costs nothing.

What a heartbreaking disappointment Demigod was (and continues to be).

26. Shalrath says:

I would just like to point out that RFG has THE WORST vehicles in any game, ever. The controls are so awful you WILL want to kill someone.

I got through the game until there’s a mission where you have to drive a truck through .. some kind of towers. The second you take out the first one, DOZENS of tanks pop out of no-where and chase you. And because of the BRILLIANT turning of vehicles, you can literally miss a tower by touching left or right. You can do a 90 degree turn in about 2 feet. So if you arent perfectly lined up when you’re at full speed, you wont hit it. Then the enemy tanks Dukes-of-Hazzard-style pile up on you and you get to reset the entire mission.

I was actually enjoying the game till that point – now I’m actually considering uninstalling it.

• Vinraith says:

That mission’s the end of the tutorial. I’m not sure why you’re having so much trouble, I don’t find the vehicle controls to be any different than they are in most 3rd person games of this sort. Are you using a gamepad or mouse/keyboard? I’ve been playing with the latter without significant trouble.

• Heliocentric says:

What was your control setup? Would driving with a wheel/controller help?

• Hattered says:

@Shalrath:
      The driving controls aren’t great, but that’s the nature of the keyboard. I also hated it at first, but I got used to it eventually. Try zooming around the first area a bit. Once you get the hang of it, driving can be fun.

• Thants says:

It’s not just nature of the keyboard, the vehicle steering is really messed up. Like if you hold down ‘a’ or ‘d’ it turns a tiny amount for a second and then jerks wildly to the side, you end up either turning too little or too much.
      I honestly don’t understand how companies manage to screw-up keyboard controls so badly.

• oceanclub says:

I got RF:G for $5 from D2D.com and honestly, even at the price, I kind of regret it. It’s fun for the first 1/2-1 hour when you’re just running around testing out your hammer on the scenery. But as mentioned, keyboard controls are all over the place; a slight tap on either A or D sends the car right or left 20%, making that aforementioned mission just plain annoying. Gamepad controls aren’t much amount better, and terrible when trying to shoot. Nice game, but badly executed controls.

(And driving games can be fine with keyboards – GTAIV was no problem at all)

P.

• D says:

I really did not have that problem. The mission where you had to run over 6 enemy towers, while they were all chasing you was pretty difficult. But normal driving was not any different than you’d expect. I don’t know whats up.

• terry says:

Honestly I didn’t have any problems with them. I actually was surprised at how well they handled. I take it you haven’t played Saints Row 2 or Borderlands, which feature some genuinely shitty controls.

• Thants says:

That’s weird, there must be some specific bug some of us are having.

• oceanclub says:

” I take it you haven’t played Saints Row 2 or Borderlands, which feature some genuinely shitty controls.”

Oh, I played SR2 as well. For about 10 minutes – what a waste of 20 euros. That’s two crap Voiltion games I’ve bought – never again.

P.

• MadMatty says:

Yeah i got to the same point as OP- damn that tower demolition level is Soooo hard.
      Problem with the vehicle controls is, you hit the left button, and then about 0.5 secs later it makes a huge turn to the left. Its both unresponsive and unprecise.
      I use mouse/keyboard- keyboard for driving vehicles… will a mouse/joypad help??

27. Ростислав says:

What does it mean “can register on Steam”? Can they provide reg code without delivering a box?

• kyrieee says:

They just give you a CD-key you can punch into Steam and you get the game there as well

• LewieP says:

Yeah, it is just a retail copy of the game, but retail serials for that game can be registered on steam, and added to your steam account.

• Rich says:

Bought Dark Messiah when it was new. Using Steam for installing and updating was pretty handy. The regular installer was pretty good at corrupting the game files.

28. Miles of the Machination says:

If only Steam hadn’t taken Metro 2033 off the Australian Steam proxy in order to have its wicked way with it, presumably to jack up the price because supposedly we’re completely ignorant, and oblivious to that kind of thing.

• luminosity says:

The thing that gets me is that these people think we’ll be perfectly happy to start ponying up $80-$100 for a game when we’ve been getting them for ~$50 for years from Steam now. Do they really think we’ll go back to paying these ridiculous prices instead of circumventing it, or, you know, just not buying?

29. Hogofwar says:

Found a deal for Killing Floor:

30. Hogofwar says:

Stupid comments…

Anyway found a great deal for Killing floor in Retail for £5.99 on GAME.co.uk:

link to game.co.uk

I might actually consider buying it this way… What do you people think of it?

• Blather Blob says:

@Hogofwar: Killing Floor is one of those games you can register into steam from a retail copy (actually, you probably are required to register it with steam to install it, since it uses steamworks pretty heavily). So I guess it comes down to a question of whether it’s cheaper in a box or direct from steam, since you’re getting the same thing either way.

On the other hand, if you aren’t in a hurry to get it Tripwire seem to like doing regular Steam sales (RO seems to go on sale 4-5 times a year, for example). I think Killing Floor was $10 (50% off) as a daily deal during the holiday sale, to give you an idea of a minimum of how much a sale might start at some weekend later this year. But I don’t know how much that is in the UK and £5.99 sounds pretty cheap, so it might still be cheaper to get that retail copy now than wait for KF to go on sale for 50-66% off?

• Hogofwar says:

But how is the actual game? And doing this is way cheaper than steam has done at ;east as far as i can tell!

• MadMatty says:

I´ve played it more than left 4 dead.
      I played it religiously for about a week- its gotten a lot better after the last patch, with twice as many maps and a lot of new weapons. It does gets repetetive after while or so, but i do see myself getting back to it… its splendidly gory, i like buying guns for cash, theres difficulty system and RPG like levels… only thing really dodgy about it is the animation, which is a bit naff.
      Heartily recommended!

31. Rich says:

Just ordered Empire: Total War for £9.95 delivered, from TheGameCollection.net.
    I didn’t even intend to buy any new games right now, since I’ve still got most of Steam’s THQ pack to play. Finally getting around to try the Empire demo got me though.

32. Melf_Himself says:

Mysterious? No, the person who emailed you re: Demigod suspiciously left out some key info, Lewie; they are having a ‘refer a friend’ promotion currently, so this fellow is hoping that with you posting this he will receive many brownie points.

In case there is some limit on how many friends you can refer which should cause that code to expire, here is the code they sent me: DG-4443391

• Mac says:

It’s my code – but i didn’t email it to Lewie – read up before being a pompus twat !

By the way, what are you hoping for posting your own code?

• Cynic says:

@Mac
      Perhaps not directly, but you still spread your code around in a very public manner. If anything they’ll be wishing they’d limited the codes to one ‘friend’ referral and slapping you on the wrist, not buying you a house.

• Matzerath says:

What exactly is the *reward* for referring ‘friends’ to this coupon?

• LewieP says:

Had he not posted it publicly, Demigod probably wouldn’t be in the bargain bucket, and all the people who are now getting it for cheap would have missed out on it.

33. McKnight says:

The Majesty bundle is actually €9.99, Impulse (like most digital distributors) can’t figure out how exchange rates work

34. bill says:

So, could I order Dark Messiah from that shop in the UK, and have it delivered to my parents, and then just get them to email me the serial number (for steam), and save on the postage to japan?

• D says:

Thats what it means yeah. Kind of strange though, its usually only Valve games that have steam-enabled serials. Go to the DMoMM steam forums and read up on peoples experience, would be my advice.

• Vinraith says:

@bill

Yeah, that will work fine.

@D

This list is updated less frequently than would be nice, but everything on it can have its serial added to Steam:

link to support.steampowered.com

35. szlevi says:

THX for the Demigod code – for less than $8 it’s worth a few hours, I guess.

36. Riaktion says:

Thanks RPS! Demigod for a price I want to pay at last!

I am only interested in the single player stuff, and seen as its hardly a single player game I never wanted to pay loads for it.

£4.60? Yes please.

Thanks again!

37. Hades says:

Its not a Bargain bucket thingie – but if anyone’s interested, GOG’s got Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption at 5.99 US

38. Malibu Stacey says:

Could this Demigod deal finally be the thing to get Impulse on to my system? It is tempting at that price & I’ve been thinking about getting Galactic Civilizations 2 since it’s £8 on TheHut.com for the Ultimate Edition which I’m assuming would also need Impulse installed.

39. Little Green Man says:

@people complaining about RF:G driving
    Try running it in a window, and turning off graphics affects, most importantly Ambient occlusion. The input lag gets terrible in vehicles, I know as I experienced the same problem of them being impossible to drive. However now while running it in a window and with that one tweak vehicles are positively easy to drive, the only problems being the mechanics of the game itself. Try this before slagging it off again, please.

40. Grape Flavor says:

My Far Cry 1 merc favorite: “YOUR ASS IS GRASS”

Ah, Far Cry. What an utterly phenomenal game. Sad that it doesn’t seem to get the recognition it deserves these days.