Sundays are for being at the Image booth at Seattle’s Emerald City Con talking to anyone who has the misfortune to walk past about splendid comics. Do come and say Hi, if you’re around. Which means that Saturday morning is for compiling a list of fine (mostly) games related reading for your delectation while trying to avoid linking to a pop-song, before heading off for the day. And setting it to post.
- Lots of responses to the IGF. James Glover pointed us at Greg Costikyan’s fury at the ceremony itself. It’s certainly one of the one of the more interesting responses.
- Bit-Tech do a hefty How Games Tell Story article, quoting lots of relative humans.
- THAT DICE presentation got a lot of discussion. Here’s a fun one. And here’s Chris Hecker’s GDC analysis of this “Nightmare Future”.
- Dragon Age producer says that dedicating resources to the PC was totally worthwhile. YOU HEARD, EVERYONE.
- Paul Millen at Gaming Daily has done a total glorious overload feature-thing about Blendo games. Here’s all their stuff, including an interview with the main man himself.
- In the week of DX3’s trailer, here’s Denby having a good old ramble about Deus Ex. Since we’re getting up to the anniversary now, we should actually do something DXy ourselves.
- Craig Lager thinks Horror games need to mature.
- Ars Technica explains how ad blocking screws up the sites you read.
- I don’t think I’ve ever linked to any of Brooker’s TV writing before. Here’s him on Man Vs Food. Splendid stuff.
- Mercury 13. Prototype Lady Astronauts. I’d watch a film on this, frankly.
- Oh – I mentioned I was doing a game, yeah? Here’s some shots from its filming the week before last.
- PS22 Chorus taking on Phoenix’s LISZTOMANIA is just lovely.
And done. NOW SHOWER!