Sequential Art Project: Fear Agent “Game”

C'mon, Students. Casanova the game next.

Seeing this on Ifanboy lead to a yelp of surprise and swiftly downloading it. It’s a UDK-powered final project by Game Design students in Illinois, which transfers Rick Remender and Tony Moore’s splendid Fear Agent sci-fi comic into the world of games. Albeit briefly. It’s a sort of micro-slice of game, forming a brief adventure complete with cut-scenes, with a single action set-piece. Go and have a nose at the gore after wandering around a bit to set it off. It’s 400Mb, and I would say of primary interest of those who either want to see what amateurs are doing with UDK or simply want to see Fear Agent in game form. Get it from here, assuming it doesn’t fall over. I suspect most other people will be satisfied with the video which follows…

1. Sobric says:

4 more posts and RPS will finally become Chops, Comics, KIERON GILLEN!

2. Sobric says:

Damn, Walker ruined it.

3. hydra9 says:

I’d never heard of Fear Agent before but I just read two pages over here and I’m laughing out loud and totally sold on it. Thanks!

• Shadowcat says:

Which garners us this curious recommendation:

If you’re not familiar with this artist you should walk to the nearest high bridge and toss yourself off.

4. Alexander Norris says:

Heh, shock rifle effects.

The cell-shaded look of this is gorgeous; shame it’s not going to be a full game.

5. Max says:

This is why torrents were created. Every mirror seems to be down.

6. Wulf says:

I have a question! I’m unfamiliar with the source material so this might just be a silly question! Is he holding a mutant green pepper? If so, why is he holding a mutant green pepper? That said, I completely support his right to bear mutant green peppers which release purple electrical discharges when squeezed, and I wonder if I might have one, too?

That said, this looks like it would’ve been absolutely marvellous as a full game, the style of it is something I can really appreciate, the whole Captain of the Future: Hero of Tomorrow thing they have going for it really works for me, I dig retro-future. So this is now two comics I have to check out thanks to Mr. Gillen!

7. Caleb says:

That looked terrible because of the poor framerate. If they can’t get their own demo video to run well, I fear for my pitiful computer’s life should I give it a try.