RPS Asks: Whatcha’ Playin’?

It might be a little quiet here today due to it being a UK Bank Holiday. Britishers mostly get the day off, see. RPS doesn’t generally notice or care about such things, because we’re of that quasi-employed caste of the freelancer, but the team does need to rest and go out blinking into the sun, on occasion. So I thought we could turn the discussion over to you guys for a bit and see what you’ve actually been playing. It’s all very well us banging on about the latest and greatest, but what are you guys actually playing? What games kept you entertained in April? What have you dabbled in this weekend?

Over the past couple of days I’ve finally got around to starting Mass Effect 2, I’ve played a bit of Quake Live CTF – which remains wonderful, even if the servers are a bit quiet – and, speaking of quiet servers, I took a look at this ambient multiplayer thing: Tranquility, which is apparently shutting down later this year. Something sad about that. Discovering something beautiful at the end of its life…

1. noom says:

I’ve followed in Alec’s footsteps from a while back and am currently trying to play Morrowind with mods (having not played it at all, with or withouts mods until now).

To be honest it’s taking a lot of patience… right now I’m struggling to peel back the veneer of awful to find the game that so many seem to love. Am I missing something here..?

• blargh says:

I’m probably not the person you want replying, since I don’t really find Bethesda’s games as good as many people seem to, but I don’t think you’ll find a good game there. The only good that could come out of a Bethesda game is the mods the community member make, and playing it without any is playing a bad barebones game.
      If you’re still not liking it with the mods, you’re probably not going to like it no matter how hard you try.

• Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

I personally would start playing the game as is, no mods, and add more along the way, as i get used to the game. (Although i ususally get a mod that removes encomberance)

As for morrowinds gameplay, for me it always revolves around the freedom.

Did you know that there is an assassins guild somewhere in Vivec? I played that game with that knowledge alone, and went to find them. Try doing something like that.
      Or get yourself a floating amulet, and start going places you arent supposed to. Rob a bank and level 2, and have more junk than you know what to do with.
      Find the talking mud crab merchant, no guides. Or get the scrolls that let you jump over the whole island….

• bill says:

ignore the game and do fun stuff.

It shouldn’t be hard to find the fun. Personally I spent about 2 years mostly just exploring the island and finding random things. Didn’t do a lot of the quests.

Maybe that isn’t so cool now there are so many open world games, but back when it came out it was basically the only beautiful open world game to explore. I remember being wowed by a lot of the scenery.

• dadioflex says:

Autohotkey is your friend. That’s all I’m saying.

2. Ian says:

The start of April involved finishing off Dragon Age: Origins Awakening and realise Dragon Age is the first game in months that I’ve wanted to go back to so soon.

Permanent fixtures in my gaming rotation are WoW, Blood Bowl and FUMBBL.

Until-I-complete-them games are Just Cause 2 and Creeper World.

3. Nosgoroth says:

Currenly playing Beat Hazard. Just beat Hero Core, need to pick up another game now. Might start Mass Effect.

4. Seol says:

Currently playing Persona 4, but don’t banish me from this site just yet, since I’m playing it on the PC using PCSX2 :P

• blargh says:

Not going to spoil anything here for you, but make sure to try to go for the True Ending.

Also, is it working well with PCSX2?

• panik says:

I bought a second-hand ps2 this week and I’m currently addicted to persona 3 (persona 4 is sitting by, along with lucifer’s call & digital devil).
      I will be very tempted to get a ps3 for persona 5!

• Seol says:

blargh: I’m using the latest public beta (r1888) and GSdx for the graphics. It’s working mighty fine so far, just a bit of stuttering when playing FMV and the odd graphic glitch here and there. Gotta love the convenience of having save states, otherwise I feel the dungeons would be a bit too grindy for my taste.

• blargh says:

Heh, the dungeons are indeed pretty grindy but the social aspects of the game, characters and fairly unique storyline more than make up for it, IMO.

• Alexander Norris says:

This only serves to remind me that I need to figure out which settings will get PCSX2 to actually work with P3 and P4. I’ve been trying on and off for two weeks to no avail. :(

• Luckylad says:

This game…. to this day Teddy still haunts my nightmares with his awkward phrasing and that creepy smile.

• Seol says:

Alexander: if you tell me what problems you’re having exactly, I might be able to help.

5. Risingson says:

Me playing different things. I’ve been trying FF7 with the retranslation patch, which makes the game quite less embarrassing that I remembered, and quite a pleasure to play with the other graphic patch and a wireless xbox controller.

I’ve also played the new Sam & Max. A bit weird to control, but greatly written and designed as usual. I’ve been also advancing in the Tales of Monkey Island, which make so many nods to adventure clichés (and I’m talking about the literary and film references) that sometimes I surprise myself wowing alone at the screen.

In the DS, if someone is interested, I’m playing the Miles Edgeworth adventure which is just the same as the other Phoenix Wright games, with a bit more wit in the dialogues and a bit more of routine in the gameplay.

6. sana says:

Left 4 Dead 2.
    What, there’s other video games?

• noom says:

I hear there’s this game called Left 4 Dead 1

• neems says:

I don’t know that one. Is it anything like Left 4 Dead? (Sorry. Sorry sorry sorry. Had to be done)

7. jordanwise says:

AvP Classic 2000: Very jumpy but suffers from All The Walls Look Exactly The Same syndrome which most games pre-2003 did, making it bloody difficult to find out where I’m actually going.

Dirt 2- I love the driving and the ease with which you can ruin the race for other drivers but the menus have consistently into a seething rage every time I try to you know, play.

• Jim Rossignol says:

I do find myself going back to Dirt2. It’s just challenging enough to be interesting, but kind of okay for relaxing too.

• AndrewC says:

The menus. The menus!

• blargh says:

What’s wrong with the menus? I thought they were kind of impressively flashy. I liked them.

Fairly easy to navigate, looks good, so what’s not to like?

• AndrewC says:

They are snazzy, and there’s a good chance that they succeed in creating atmosphere, but their usability is low.
      Things like having to go outside for certain options is needlessly opaque design, and I’m certainly no fan of the bombastic xtreem style they’ve gone for, but the kicker is that the menus are so complicated it take about 10 seconds or so for them to load up after every race – empty, meaningless delay and removal of control.
      It’s not deadly, but after a long session, or after ten or more hours of total play, that constant delay really grinds.

• blargh says:

Ah, that might be why I have a higher tolerance for them, then. I’ve only played Dirt 2 so far in short bursts (15-30 minute sessions).

I can see how they would become annoying the longer you play, though.

• Schmung says:

I bought Dirt 2 because it was super cheap the other week. The menus are indeed a blight upon humanity (and something it seems codies are persisting with the if F1 2010 interview is anything to go by) and I despise the XTREME nonsense, but the races themselves are good and they seem to have got their mojo back as far as delivering arcadey handling with a modicum of a challenge. As a proper rally nerd the lack of much content in that area vexes me, but I can see why changing it to an off road racing game nets codies more cash. The rallycross tracks are a bit bum as well. If I’d paid full price these things would be major issues, but at seven quid they’re just niggles.

8. nine says:

Just Cause 2 (halfway through it)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (trying to complete realism / hard with 3 friends)
    Dwarf Fortress (trying to build a 150 level magma pump thingy)

• Sulkdodds says:

Dwarf Fortress has always fascinated me but I’m crap at it. Recently I mentioned it in conversation to a friend of mine who doesn’t play many games but likes an intellectual challenge. Yesterday I found him in his room having spent all day on a new fortress. We will both sit our final exams soon. WHAT HAVE I DONE

• DrazharLn says:

Set his computer on fire or something, seriously.

• RedFred says:

Give him some Meth. That way he can DF by day and study by night.

9. MD says:

Just started X3: Terran Conflict. No idea whether I’ll get into it — I kind of suspect not, but for some reason which I don’t entirely understand I do feel like going back to it, so we’ll see. I’m reinstalling Just Cause now that I have space for it again, because I feel like a bit of silliness. I’ve been playing a fair bit of QL lately, but it’s bloody frustrating at a certain level of seriousness, when you care enough to be frustrated by playing below your potential, but not enough to put in the time and effort required to stay sharp.

• Heliosicle says:

TC is a weird one, I never really knew what the hell I was doing, but it is kind of addicting.

10. abhishek says:

Just completed Episodes from Liberty City a couple of days ago. Currently playing Metro 2033. I had actually played the first couple of chapters of Metro a few weeks ago, but it had failed to hold my interest in front of Just Cause 2. Well, in my second time around, the game is starting to grow on me. The sad thing is, I’ve already finished 4 out of 7 chapters before I really got into it. Oh well…

Apart from this, the usual multiplayer fare. Back into TF2 after a while to show off my Grizzled Veteran medal :D, and a bit of BC2 and MW2 depending on my mood.

11. Hal says:

Just Cause 2 Demo.
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Europa Barbarum
    Starcraft (replay single player campaign before Wings of Liberty)

• mcwizardry says:

Also playing through single player Starcraft at the moment. Pretty fun and there’s a registry patch that makes it play nice with Win7 64-bit.

12. Sam Crisp says:

My very first playthrough of Deus Ex is keeping me enthralled. I’m glad I’m finally playing it after hearing about it from you lot and others (mostly Tom Francis) for so long. I’m about 15 hours in. On the side, I’m playing a bit of Aaaaa!

• MD says:

I envy you :D
      It’s one of those games/books/etc. that I’d love to be able to experience for the first time again.
      (Well, I say that, but my only realistic hope is amnesia, and when it comes down to it I’d actually rather not go that far.)

• Mistabashi says:

I dunno, to be honest I find Deus Ex almost as engrossing even on my fifth or sixth playthrough – there’s something abou the way it all unfolds that makes you forget what’s coming while you’re playing it, and there’s always more secrets to be discovered or alternative ways of doing things so it never feels stale.

I just wish the Revision, HDTP & New Vision mods would make the final push towards finished releases, I’ve been waiting for them for what seems like years…

• Sam Crisp says:

There’s also the mods which I look forward to playing next. But I know exactly what you mean. I’d love to have one of those Men in Black memory erasing thingos for all those games/books/movies you want to experience for the first time. I’ll just savour my first playthrough. This may sound daft, but I love the graphics the way they are. I usually find high resolution texture packs look distracting. Especially when the textures are inconsistent or they are coupled with low poly models.

• HexagonalBolts says:

Replaying Deus Ex makes it so painfully obvious what made Deus Ex so brilliant and many modern games not so: the option to do things the sneaky way, to find a back way in, to be rewarded for exploration. Even Deus Ex’s moderately good storyline makes a refreshing change from the military special ops / medieval drivel that has been rammed down my throat again and again.

• Geoff says:

Im going to say something here criticizing Deus Ex. Forgive me in advance if you will.

I am an OCD explorer in games and the fact that you were given skill points for finding ‘hidden’ areas was slightly bad for me because I had to find them all just for the points and not for the realistic way i wanted to perform.

basically i became a nosy bastard even though in real life I would never have acted that way just to beat the game, it lost immersion because i am a points whore?

Anyway Im playingthe nameless mod atm and just finished dear esther.

13. CMaster says:

Company of Heroes (in a 2vs2 Tourney next weekend)
    OpenTTD multiplayer (oh god why is it 3 in the morning?)
    Synergy (working on a new map for it)

Captcha: 123N. That’s the simplest sequence ever.

• Doctor_Hellsturm says:

Open TTD? Wow. How does that even work in multiplayer?

• CMaster says:

Either you all join up to one company vs rival AIs, or you run your own companies against each other.

It’s good fun, building a corporate empire with a group of friends.

• Tainted says:

I love OpenTTD, only have one friend who would be interested but he’s always busy. Would be great to play it with some actual people. The AI is usually awful!

Wisq says:

As far as OpenTTD coop goes, there’s no better example than, well, #openttdcoop. Their networks are utterly insane. For example: link to wiki.openttdcoop.org

• sfury says:

Captcha’s great, I play it all the time!

Oooh, look what I got : NNNH

14. Lars Westergren says:

Mirror’s Edge. It has it’s flaws of course (plot…), but I still like it a lot for trying something very different in gameplay and art direction.

• blargh says:

I effing LOVE Mirror’s Edge. I didn’t even notice there was a story, but the gameplay and environments really captured me… until the very last level of course where it became very frustrating.

• HexagonalBolts says:

Fantastic game

The level design was a little off in some points (Rarely accelerated in to a mad chase) and the combat was pants, but otherwise brilliant.

• Tainted says:

Very good game, not without its fault of course, but very fresh styling to it. Enjoy :-)

• Lars Westergren says:

Finished Mirror’s Edge now. It really was excellent, I think it got unfairly low reviews.

Now playing – Adventures of P.B Winterbottom, and Sam & Max Season 3: The Penal Zone. Both great games.

• Geoff says:

Totally agree, Mirrors Edge is imo a fantastic game that was very unfairly rated down in many reviews at the time of release.

15. Metapyziks says:

Just discovered Minecraft, and occasionally OTTD. Had a sudden urge to play RCT2 but my disc is scratched ;(

16. LewieP says:

I’m finally getting stuck into Trials HD, which seems to have grabbed me in a way that Trials 2 never did.

• neems says:

Why oh why can I not get Trials HD for PS3? Curse you Microsoft exclusivity! (I have got Trials 2 remix on PC).

17. WTF says:

Anno 1404 and Splinter Cell Conviction for me. Which is an odd pair of games now I come to say it out loud, as it were…

18. Langman says:

I’ve been playing the wonderful Anno 1404. Probably the most enjoyable city-building game I’ve ever played, once you start playing the freeform mode.

Critically well-received also (although there was one leading UK games publication which bizarrely screwed the pooch in their judgement of it.)

It really is fantastic funsies.

19. Dark Star says:

Killing Floor

Red Orchestra

Guild Wars

20. Mistabashi says:

I’ve been playing Fallout 2 for the last week or so, punctuated by the occasional short burst of Team Fortress 2 in which I am confused as to how my opponents are attacking me when it’s not their turn.

• gerafin says:

I’ve been playing a lot of dragon age, and in a lot of other games I’ve tried to use the space bar to pause. Results in frustration and giblets.

21. Bernadotte says:

Napoleon:Total War. For the first time, it feels like the Total War franchise is going in the direction it should have done. The conflicts are fluid, and it never devolves into laborious expansion into ungarrisoned cities.

Can’t wait for true multiplayer.

22. MD says:

By the way Jim, is your QL name public knowledge? (I can understand why you might choose to keep it quiet, of course.)

• MD says:

Reading that back it seems a little ambiguous. I wasn’t claiming to know your account anme, and asking whether anyone else did. I was asking what it is, while acknowledging that you’re quite possibly intentionally not telling :)

• Jim Rossignol says:

I think its been public, because it’s the same name I used when I was playing competition level.

23. blargh says:

As far as single player games are concerned, right now I am playing Dawn of War 2. About 5 hours in so far.

Multiplayer, L4D2, BC2 and since I just recently purchased it I’ll probably also jump in to Guild Wars.

24. Magic H8 Ball says:

I tried replaying Jets n Guns Gold but reverted back to vanilla after half a dozen missions. There’s just something about Gold… there’s too much wacky crap, too many silly weapons, the new missions are too stupid, the balance is neither here nor there. Original was a finished, wrapped up product, Gold is like they killed the executive producer and just couldn’t stop twiddling with it.

25. Turin Turambar says:

Lots of Bad Company 2. Almost level 31 already.

• blargh says:

Damn.. still Rank 6, here.
      I would have been able to progress more had I not had to give up my previous soldier name because it would no longer allow me to log in, so having had to make another one, all my progress was for nothing. Not to mention the 2 weeks after purchase where I couldn’t play the multiplayer at all.
      All that had kind of put me off the game so I’m not playing it as much as I thought I would.

• Jimbo says:

Almost exclusively BC2 for me. Hardcore, mixed. About Rank 19 iirc. Mostly enjoyable, sometimes infuriating and still getting way too many disconnects.

When I wasn’t playing BC2 I was watching Season 4 & 5 of The Wire – weaker than the earlier seasons, but still good… you know, in case you were wondering.

• RedFred says:

I’m about 50 points away from Rank 7. Had an awesome game last night as co-pilot (Pilot?) in a tank. A frantic, intense game is where BC2 shines.

Haven’t had any disconnects yet.

26. LieutLaww says:

I have been getting back into playing EVE this weekend, nice bit of relaxing mining :)

27. Heliosicle says:

Alot of Men of War online, some BFBC2, some L4D2, Borderlands DLC, Dirt 2 aaand Clear Sky complete, its way better than the base game.

28. HidesHisEyes says:

Mechwarrior 4, on the rerelease. It’s even better than I remember. And it seems to have more weapons now than it did in my day. PPCs with capacitors? Rocket Launchers? Napalm Missiles? Smoke grenade long toms (whose idea was that?!)

29. Brumisator says:

I’ve been playing insane amounts of the Sims 3 lately. I’d never tried the expansions before and they’re good fun!
    One of my little simmies just became world martial arts champion :D

Also, Arma2, best game ever.

• pilouuuu says:

The Sims 3 World Adventures! Possibly the best expansion pack in all the series.

30. GCU Speak Softly says:

Torchlight

Wars In America II

HPS Middle East 1967

31. Squirrelfanatic says:

Over the past months, I`ve been playing quite a lot of Dragon Age: Origins and Fallout 3 (bought them during my vacation in the US, yay for decent voice acting and all). I have to say that I’ve got bored by DA:O pretty quickly though. I personally blame the shallow plot for that. Apart from that it’s quite a good game.

After finishing FA3 the first time I started a game on “very difficult” settings and am definitely planning on playing through the whole bunch of addons that came with the GOTY edition. But TF2 is recently doing a great job at keeping me away from that. :)

Which reminds me of the new Sam & Max season. The first episode seamed a little bit too easy, but since it is the introduction to a new line of episodes, I’ve got high hopes. Oh, and I bought Trine during the 5 $/EUR sale. A little short, but funny nevertheless. This extra level dissapoints though. Nearly the same as the tower level (curses!) with the rising lava.

Looking back, I am playing pretty much atm…

32. lolfang says:

Single Player: Just bought GRID, and playing Miles Edgeworth, Bioshock, Fallout 3 w/ LOTS of mods, Cooking Mama (I just LOVE Cooking Mama =P).
    Multi Player: L4D, L4D2, TF2.

33. monkehhh says:

I’m finally playing the first Halo, it’s 2001 baby!

34. AndrewC says:

This weekend has mostly been San Andreas, Dirt 2 and the first section of Men Of War, over and over again.

35. Auspex says:

I’ve been playing the “Adventures of Sean 2” on an Apple Mac that is at least 10 years old!
    Check out the amazing graphics – link to allegro.cc

If anyone else remembers AoS2 and has managed to run it on a pc made this decade then please let me know….

36. Byron_Black says:

Still playing Guild wars which has claimed an unholy amount of my time over the years and finally got round to playing l4d2for the passing. Though the most fun ive had reccently has been playing trine.

37. Mereli says:

I’ve completely replayed Stalker:SoC (with oblivion lost mod) a few days ago and I’ve just installed Clear sky for the first time.
    Played a little faction wars already which was fun.. except for the incredible shitty guns.
    The guns seem to be even worse then in SoC but that might just be me being spoiled by the endgame weapons of SoC not to mention I’ve only used shotgun so far which have always sucked in SoC :)

• Heliosicle says:

Guns in CS only start to get good out of the Swamps/Cordon.

• Grunt says:

I couldn’t agree more. The starting guns in CS are absolute bollocks. The game also seems to delight in cheap trickery to stop you getting more: bandits stealing your money, etc. I’m glad I persevered, though, as by the time you’ve got to the Red Forest you should have a pretty sweet rifle or two (three, four…).

“This rifle is mine. There are many others like it but this one is mine.” /FMJ quote

• RedFred says:

I’m still to freaked out to keep going with my SoC campaign. Just did the retrieval mission for the scientists and I think I have to back track which is annoying.

38. Ravenger says:

I’m replaying Outcast for the first time in years thanks to GOG.

Looking past the chunky voxels and clunky user interface it really was ahead of its time. The voice acting in particular is excellent and puts other classics from that era to shame (*cough* Deus Ex *cough*). The water effects are very good, almost as good as the pixel shader effects seen in much later games.

My biggest issue is with finding specific characters. It’s realistic in that you have to ask for directions but it gets very tedious having to continually ask where someone is to find them – especially as it has an excellent radar map so it would have been trivial to mark quest characters on that.

Other than that I’ve been passing my time with Beat Hazard, the Tron 2.0 Killer App mod, and Left 4 Dead 2.

• Clovis says:

Hmm, I’m playing Outcast too. I actually really like how everything is not just marked on my map, especially character locations. I love how they actually point at the person if they are nearby. Of course, that sorta’ fails when you are in the city and they point through walls.

My favorite moment so far was asking a random Talan about Maar (the dumb Overseer in the starting region). I got the response, “But Ulakai, he’s right there!” I can’t remember any modern game that would not allow a character to say something bad about another character just because he was nearby.

The only problem so far is that the combat seems way too easy. I like how the basic grunts weapon fires so slowly that I can get out of the way, do something else, forget that I was dodging, and then manage to get hit. I don’t know if it ramps up later, but I feel like I could storm the big city with just the most basic gun if I wanted to. Luckily, the combat isn’t why I’ve been enjoying the game.

• Lambchops says:

@ Cooper

I found the combat never gets that tough – although I know I’d struggle if I tried to take on the most heavily defended areas (High Town, going through Daokas to regions other than the city) with just the basic guns. I also sometimes struggle if I’m too lazy too go to recreators and end up running out of ammo.

Of course that was me as a whippersnapper I’d probably be a lot more competent at aiming now.

39. MadTinkerer says:

I am always playing Team Fortress 2 at least once a week. But other than that:

Warioware DIY (AWESOME)

Sakura Wars: Farewell My Love on PS2 (Very interesting niche game: I now totally understand why it took this long to export a Sakura Wars game to the West. It’s not bad at all, but it relies on the player liking relationship-sims* and turn-based tactical battle games.)

Final Fantasy XIII (I don’t understand why people complain about the fact that there’s a long, linear plot-driven part before the game opens up to let you go wherever you want. EVERY FINAL FANTASY GAME IS LIKE THAT. FF13 is just a lot more action/realtime-tactics-oriented than any previous FF.)

Master of Magic (via GoG)

Just started Bully & Guild Wars thanks to recent Steam sales. If my PC can handle it, I hope to play Fuel as well.

*It’s a lot like what we’d call an “adventure” game, but there are scheduled events throughout the whole plot that happen, or don’t, as you play through. It’s a bit like Bill Murray’s Groundhog Day movie where you’re supposed to play through the plot multiple times and say and do different things to see everything and affect how people feel about you. In the case of Sakura Wars, the clever part is the adventure portion ties into the tactics battles: how much certain characters like you affects how well they fight beside you. And it’s a bit like Sailor Moon crossed with Power Rangers except most of the characters are actually likable. Also, it’s set in an alternate 1930s New York City and you get to fight giant demons with steampunk robots that turn into jets.

In short, it’s exactly the sort of game that can only be made in Japan because if you tried to pitch this sort of thing to the bigwigs at EA they’d think you were mad.

40. robrob says:

I have several hundred pieces of coursework due in next week but I’ve just arrived at Vandenburg and those scientists need me damn it!

41. Don says:

Still working my way through the backlog from Steam’s Christmas sale:

Just finished Mass Effect (now waiting for ME2 to appear real cheap)
    Close to the end of GTA 4
    Part way through Mirror’s Edge
    Psychonauts and Men of War still to tackle

Also waiting for Valve to fix L4D2 so I can actually play this Passing thing you’ve been writing about (but I haven’t been reading as I don’t want it spoilt too much).

And outside of Steam I’ve just finished STALKER:CoP, which I really enjoyed. So I’ll probably be replaying that soon at either higher difficulty or with any mod that looks good.

• DSX says:

I’m currently playing Stalker Call of Pripyat as well – I added some mods after several hours of play and haven’t look back since. Vendors buy even garbage guns and a weight fix for misc items. I’m surprised how superb it runs even on my crappy system. Also even more surprised at how bug-free this title is compared to it’s predecessors. Seriously, best Stalker Game to date.

42. Kenttsu says:

I’ve gone through my backlog (still 90 unfinished games, damn you Steam).

Games beaten (for the first time) in April:
    -Just Cause
    -Space Quest 2-6 (with a guide in other hand)
    -X-COM: Enforcer (suprisingly good)
    -Shadow of Colossus
    -Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    -Overlord
    -Quake I-II
    -Call of Duty 4

Other games played lately:
    Grand Theft Auto 2
    Overlord II
    Left 4 Dead 2
    ToCA 3
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    Fallout

43. Grumpy Moose says:

I just couldn’t resist reinstalling Deus Ex after reading the Deus Sex article Friday morning. After that, I’ll finally play The Nameless Mod. Denton’s even more badass than I remembered him…

• kupocake says:

I picked the game up during the £1.50 sale. First game I’ve purchased twice because I’m too lazy to walk five foot and install it. Just finished playing through yesterday. Cleaned out the lower two levels of Area 51 and binged on chocolate and zyme before blowing the reactor. I’d been saving it all for a special occasion.

Bank Holiday means my Napoleon: Total War is in the post for a few more days. Not sure what will fill the void… perhaps not even games.

44. Fede says:

SP: Dwarf Fortress, King’s Bounty, Aaaaa(etc.), X-COM, Constellation
    MP: FUMBBL, The Corporate Machine

45. Theoban says:

The flatmate and I are still trying to complete Dawn of War II so we can play Chaos Rising which we bought at release. Stuck on a damn Eldar Farseer.

I’ll probably fire up Bad Company 2 while off too, need to complete single player on that and I’ve just started enjoying blowing things up in multiplayer.

Oh and I need to do my weekly ‘play Lord of the Rings Online for a few hours while listening to podcasts’ thing

46. Pamplemousse says:

Far too much League of Legends.

Far, far too much.

47. Stense says:

Playing a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 and Dragon Age these days. They have been my stable gaming diet for a while now. Though I did get Outcast from GoG the other day, so that will probably worm its way in and break the Valva/Bioware monopoly on my gaming heart soon enough.

48. Bobzer says:

A lot of Mount and Blade: Warband, some Guild Wars, a few games of Project Reality and some Europa Universalis: Rome to round it all off.

49. pimorte says:

Solium Infernum:
    I’m currently in 3 active games (the others just stopped due to host issues), and am enjoying my experiences in each – the game in which I’m just about to kill off the guy who took Pandemonium being my current favourite. (Save it crashing for the host right now – but Vic seems good and will probably fix it.)

Bayonetta: Just finished it for the third time, but stopped after a level of Hard mode. What was ordinarly a tough game becomes ludicrous – every enemy now acts like it’s on ice (ie unpredictable and extremely agressive) and late game enemies get put in place of the ordinary soldiers.