The RPS Bargain Bucket: No Space Robots

No one tells us what to write about. You may think that our every decision is made by some sort of alien space robot who controls all our whims, but you’d be wrong. We’re not a number. We’re a free… website? Here’s this week’s staunchly independent roundup of discounted PC Gaming. Remember to head to SavyGamer.co.uk throughout the week for more cheap games.

Battlefield 1943 – £7.49
Apply coupon “VoucherCodes.com25%” to get this price.
I’ve not been able to check if this works for people outside of the UK. I tried a few proxies, but couldn’t to the stage that it would let me add the coupon, and EA’s store is kinda funny with how it handles different regions. Let me know if you get it to work. This is the best preorder price you’ll see for the upcoming PC release of the cut-down console version of Battlefield, if you’re not too busy with Bad Company 2 now.

Shattered Horizon – £7.49/€9.99/$9.99
Half price when bought individually, but you can save even more by splitting a 4 pack, (£5.62/€7.50/$7.50 each). This is completely free this weekend, so if you want to give this gravity free FPS a try before you buy, get downloading. It’s a pretty fantastic looking game, and whilst initially disorienting, the “there is no up” control scheme is rather cool. RPS coverage here.
WARNING: You need a DX10 OS (Vista/7) and DX10 card to play this.

The Witcher – £7.48/€9.98/$9.98
No matter which version of The Witcher you have, the Enhanced Edition and Director’s Cut stuff is available to you already. This is the opinion splitting, boobie showing RPG from CD Projekt. Supposedly The Witcher 2 is going to be out early next year, so you’ve got plenty of time to play this one before the sequel comes out. Demo here, RPS coverage here.

Supreme Commander 2 – £12.49/€16.49/$10.99
Another better deal for people in the USA. In fact, if you’re in the UK, you are better off just grabbing it from Amazon. The retail version is a Steamworks release. I’ve only played the demo of this, and only on the 360 (I was curious to see if they had come up with a workable controller interface, and it wasn’t actualy that bad). What do you lot think of this? RPS coverage here.

Deal of the week
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time – £5.18/€6.26/$7.49
The game of the game of the game, not the game of the movie of the game. This is a fantastic game, good enough that Ubisoft could coast by making mediocre sequel followed by mediocre sequel and still sell plenty of games for several years after its release. I never played the PC version, although it’s from before the times that PC games did a good job of supporting controllers, so you’ll be wanting Xpadder or something. It’s a physical puzzler, where more often that not your puzzle is “Get from A to B”. The complexity of the puzzles builds gradually, and instead of just throwing new abilities and powerups at you, it just teaches you to use the skills that you had from the very beginning of the game in new ways. This Ubisoft game has the groundbreaking feature of avoiding displaying utter contempt for it’s customers, by allowing you play the game you have paid for without having to be connected to Ubisoft servers at all times. The discount comes off after you have added it to your basket.

Also of note:
Beyond Good and Evil – £5.18/€6.26/$7.49
Psychonauts – £5.18/€6.26/$7.49
Warfare – £2.73/€3.30/$3.95
Civilization IV: Complete Edition – $9.99 (USA only)
Doctor Who: City of the Daleks – Free (UK only)

Go to SavyGamer.co.uk for all the cheap games in the world ever.

This week’s image is courtesy of Chris Baker. Thanks Chris! Please feel free to send your own in.

1. Rich says:

Warfare is $4.64 after ‘tax’, if you order from the UK. So £3.29 was the full bill.

• Rich says:

Not that it isn’t damn cheap anyway. Well within my “eh, what the hell” price range.

• Rich says:

£4 well spent.
      I knew I’d picked up something special when I started reading the pre-mission emails sent home from different ranking marines. Not manipulative or patronizing at all.
      Haven’t tried the Saudi-Arabian campaign yet.

Some of the dialogue is a bit wobbly.

2. tungstenHead says:

Beyond Good & Evil’s regular price is $4.99 on GamersGate. You might consider that over the GoG version.

• jalf says:

Worth remembering though, that GoG’s version has fixed a few of the more common bugs.

The game is virtually unplayable on modern computers otherwise. I’d say it’s well worth the two dollars extra to get the GoG version. (I say this as someone who owns the game both on Steam and GoG — GoG’s version works, the others don’t)

Of course, GoG also gives you a few extras, in terms of downloadable soundtrack (which is also available elsewhere, though), manual and artwork.

• Alexander Norris says:

It’s worth remember that GOG has better support for the games they publish (it’s not very hard having better than “little to no support” though) and is also DRM-free.

• Carra says:

I had no problem playing my steam version on my now two year old PC.

None the less, I’d still opt to buy it from gog.com. Probably the only developer who bothers to fix games to run on new pcs.

• DrGonzo says:

I also wanted to say that on my modern Vista machine the old 6 disc version I bought off ebay for about 50p works absolutely fine. Wouldn’t bother with gog.com, although I’m quite disillusioned after I bought Interstate ’76 thinking I would finally be able to play it. No it doesn’t work at all, so don’t believe their promise that all their games work on modern systems as they don’t.

3. Rich says:

Also GOG now shows Beyond Good and Evil as $9.99.

• Driadan says:

you have to go through the promo page to get the disccount as happens with every deal in GOG
      link to gog.com

• Rich says:

Same with Psychonauts. Am I missing something?

• Rich says:

Ah, right. Not had cause to use GOG before, so I’m not familiar with it’s workings.

• Rich says:

“The discount comes off after you have added it to your basket.”
      Well, maybe next time I should actually read the words Lewie has kindly taken the time to write, before I go and open my big mouth.

Rhygadon says:

Yeah, that’s one of the weakest features of GoG. You’ll get the discount no matter what page you buy it from, but you won’t know it “worked” until you go to the final checkout stage.

4. Jimbo says:

Bargain Bucket Bingo score: 6/10

5. Aphotique says:

I’m a crazed Total Annihilation fan, so I really wanted to enjoy Supreme Commander. I did once I Ioosened my iron grip of TA enough to enjoy it. So when I finally came to like SupCom, I really wanted to enjoy SupCom2. The closer it came to release, the more that didn’t seem like it was going to happen. Full price kept me away. Even the new low price still seemed like too much. $10.99 though is low enough that I can’t pass it up. So I got it yesterday, and so far I’m rather enjoying it. Granted, I had to ignore all my feelings of TA and SupCom/SupComFA. It is its own game, and I’m enjoying it for what it is.

• Ginger Yellow says:

Yeah, SupCom 2’s pretty fun for a while, but I wouldn’t pay anything like full price for it. That said, I haven’t tried the multiplayer, but I doubt it’s as good as TA’s or SupCom 1’s.

• MrCraigL says:

Is it only me preferring SC2 to 1? I played the original extensively but far prefer the speed of this one and the less fuss with economy. My advice is to ignore the campaign entirely and focus on skirmish and multiplayer because that’s what it’s built for.

• Thants says:

Ok, I’ll say it. SupCom 2 is terrible. They carefully removed everything that made the first one interesting. I hate to complain about a game being dumbed down for consoles, but this is a prime example.

• DrGonzo says:

SupCom 1’s multiplayer was awful over the internet. First you had to install a wall of patches, and then it would give you an almighty ping and run like a slide-show.

6. Bolt Axyon says:

“VoucherCodes.com25%” works outside of the UK.

7. Risingson says:

Sands of time is controlled very confortably in the PC, btw.

• Tei says:

“Bonus points for reminding me the most out-of-the-universe puzzle in the Gabriel Knight saga.”

Since no one has tried. Can I get the bonus points for free? This is the bargain bucket, after all.

8. sredni says:

We need more jokes about how you have sold out but JK LOL WE HAVEN’T REALLY! please.

9. Heliosicle says:

Shattered Horizon is really fun, think I shall buy.

• dadioflex says:

I’d tell you what I’ll buy, but the cheque hasn’t arrived yet.

10. LewieP says:

Bonus megadeal:
    Free game, courtesy of Green Man Gaming
    link to savygamer.co.uk

Lots to choose from.

• Rich says:

Does this only work once? The text used in the coupon kind of suggests so.

• LewieP says:

Looks that way to me, although there is nothing stopping you setting up dummy accounts to get more than one game.

• Rich says:

There I was sifting through all GMGs rubbish, trying to decide what would be most worthy of this coupon, and their site falls over. Methinks this deal has crushed them.

• Tom OBedlam says:

Painkiller? for free, lovely…

• Donkeyfumbler says:

Working again now – just got UFO Extraterrestrials for free.

I too was wondering what would prevent you setting up numerous different accounts and doing this several times. I will resist the temptation though – it would seem extremely churlish to take advantage of them in this way and I hope others won’t take the pee as well.

• Heliosicle says:

got men of war red tide, awesome

• Metalfish says:

Their shitty client insta-gibs itself in XP64 upon clicking download. I’m downloading on a vanilla XP laptop to see if I can transfer the files over….

• Bhazor says:

Still very dubious about how the trading works but the price is right for an introductory offer.

• JB says:

Nice one Lewie, I got King’s Bounty for my favourite price – free! Good work, keep up the savyness.

• BigJonno says:

Nice one, although it was a tough choice. I decided to go with the Void.

• terry says:

Incredible deal, incredibly shitty client. I downloaded Painkiller Black, which then the client refused to install. Or did it? It sat there grinding my hard disk for about 20 minutes and announced the game was installed. Hurrah, I thought, I can remove this crap client and just run the game… go to the Painkiller directory… empty. Okay, just run the shitty client again, grind grind, “Sorry, I can’t seem to run the game, why not install DirectX and PhysX instead?” I play along, same error. Okay, screw it, uninstall…..instant close. Not even a whisper of what the goddamn hell its playing at.

Seriously, I appreciate the deal but its pretty evident they have no idea how to handle the demands and their service is a creaking tub of poo.

• Metalfish says:

..And of course it’s fucked. Thanks for wasting my time, even if it was a free offer all it has done is show me how useless this company is and how I will ensure it never graces my computer again.

/Entitlement bomb.

• LewieP says:

As an update to this deal, Green Man have contacted me to tell me that they will be paying all publishers in full for this promotion as if you had paid for it.

• Bhazor says:

And then the servers died just as I was trying to pick a game.

Not a great first impression Mr Green.

• Mario Figueiredo says:

Dunno folks. They didn’t so their homework it seems:

1. I “purchased” King’s Bounty, downloaded and installed. Install folder is however empty. Can’t launch game.
      2. I uninstall. Need to redownload. That is, I can’t re-install. Need to download 3GB again
      3. Can’t connect. Says my username or password is wrong.
      4. The service is currently down.

Other notes:

– There doesn’t seem to be a way to play offline.
      – There doesn’t seem to be a way to backup our games

Gree Man Gamming did a nice offer. The business model seems interesting. But it clearly can’t handle the traffic. And the disadvantages are too big to ignore. Not convinced. Thanks for the free game. You can keep it.

• Thermal Ions says:

This almost seems like Green Man Gaming launching and committing Seppuku simultaneously.

• Arathain says:

Not really surprised that Green Man’s servers are trying to melt. Once the word gets out that you’re offering free stuff that requires big downloads, this will happen.

• Vandelay says:

@Metalfish

Are you getting a runtime error when trying to download? That’s what is happening to me (at least, eventually when I am able to log in and the page loads up.) Anyone know if this is a problem that normally occurs or just related to 64-bit?

• Vandelay says:

Actually, just found out that putting the client into XP compatibility mode solves the problem.

Now downloading Painkiller. Do you have to use the client every time you want to play? Cause it’s a bit shit.

• Kid A says:

You can stay offline for a whole 3 days before you have to go on Capsule to reactivate. ¬_¬

• John Peat says:

It’s not going well for GMG is it? The website is almost dead, the client installs then crashes on W7. When you finally get it working in W7 and download a game it crashes on install. When you finally manage to authenticate and launch the game is freezes at the intro (The Void in this case).

Their support system just crashes with an error – at least it was free eh?

• Vandelay says:

Okay, now I am getting the unable to start game and directory is empty problem. Is everyone that is having the same issue trying to play Painkiller or are others stumbling into it too?

This really isn’t a very good way to introduce people to your service. I’m certainly not very interested in spending any money with them after this complete fuck up. If they can’t handle me downloading something from their download service, how am I to ever trust them with my bank details?

• Devan says:

Aww, I seem to have just missed this. GMG must have shut the deal down because I get “The voucher you entered has expired.”

• Mario Figueiredo says:

You probably haven’t missed a thing Evan.

It’s a terrible service. I can’t get Kings Bounty to work after spending a whole afternoon downloading it 3 times. The game simply refuses to start despite following all their instructions, inclusive being asked to validate it.

I did some investigation of my own and at least this game is being downloaded from Amazon when I click Green Man Gamin download button. My guess is the copy protection mechanism for Amazon is not being dealt with by Green Man client application and so the game refuses to load.

A piece of shit service.

• TheApplePie says:

@Mario Figueiredo

I don’t want to put your hopes up, but I was able to download my copy of King’s Bounty today morning, install and activate it through the Capsule client and it is working. I am also able to run the game through the original “kb.exe” file located in the game’s directory without the Capsule client running. Yesterday afternoon I wasn’t even able to log in to the client. (I’m on Vista 64bit.)

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

I got Beat Hazard…so sweet! It’s a good game to play when you have spare 10 minutes*…

which may turn out as 20something, but whatever! :D

• Bowlby says:

On GMG:

Software interface = horrible; website layout = almost as bad.

That said, I bought Cryostasis, and it installed and launched fine.

On Cryostasis:

Don’t buy Cryostasis if you’ve got anything less than a Nvidia GTX 295. It’s very poorly optimised, does not utilise multi-core processors and is a PhysX showcase. It’s borderline unplayable on my machine. Instead, buy VVVVVV, which I’ve heard from somewhere is pretty good.

• R.Hippy says:

HAs anyone actually got a game working from this thing? I’m feeling my life being wasted trying to get the Void going.

• Vandelay says:

@R.Hippy

I’ve seen a few people say their games are working, but most are not. Of course, the majority of those people that are able to play their games are far less likely to make a comment that everything is fine compared to those that are struggling, so probably not a fair indication.

I’m still having the same problems today, even though their servers seem now to be able to cope with the flow of people. Just sent a request ticket to their support service and will hopefully be able to sort this problem out. I also told them that they will have to improve their service greatly if I was to ever trust them enough to hand over money and bank information. I’ll post here (or in the forums if this drops off the front page) what they say, in case anyone else is interested in solving the empty Painkiller folder issue.

• malkav11 says:

Green Man Gaming is probably buying cloud computing services or similar from Amazon. It’s one of their lesser known services.

• John Peat says:

I got The Void working by the dodgy expedient of downloading a hooky copy and seeing what was missing.

The GMG version is missing a settings.xml file which causes the client to freeze (instead of just creating it) on W7 and XP (tested – probably Vista too).

I’ve dropped a note to GMG that they’re selling a version of the game which will NEVER work for anyone – they may update it – if you’re stuck, check the Ice-Pick Forums for how/where to create that file and it will work fine.

and it’s a headf**k and a half of a game!!

• terry says:

I just got an email from GMG in response to the empty Painkiller directory problem. It was…. an activation code. For something. I’m not even sure where to type it in because I don’t get as far as being asked for a code.

Brilliant service, chaps.

• Vandelay says:

@Terry

I was given the same response, as I posted on the forums a little while ago. I was going to respond with a snotty E-mail telling them that it was obviously not the issue, but I can’t really be bothered. Instead, I think I’m just going to go to GoG and buy Painkiller: Black Edition from them and never look at GMG again.

• terry says:

@Vandelay: I’d hold off for now, unless you experience the same stabbing sensations I feel when presented with the Capsule interface. Evidently someone with an ounce of sense has had a look – “I apologise for the troubles you are having, this is indeed a known issue and our technical team are working on it as we speak to resolve the problem. Once again I am sorry for the delayed response, our recent promotion has been more successful than expected and as a result we have a few different issues which we are trying to iron out as soon as possible. ”

Loving the understatement there.

Edit: did the captcha really just give me a pi sign? what the devil :-O

11. IHateRandomlyChoosingNamesAndEmails says:

Almost no deals from GamersGate are mentioned. Is it a general dislike for them or are they not a very good deals?
    link to gamersgate.com
    link to gamersgate.co.uk
    Notably:
    GRAW 1,2 – 5$ each
    Bob Came in Pieces – 5$ (including mac)
    Something Riddick Something – 10$
    And some others.
    Also, on Impulse Sacraboar for 4$ (And I couldn’t find a full review) and Simon the Sorcerer 5 for 16$ (which is probably horrible, but could be OK)
    Is Warfare a good game? Especially since it does not work on Vista (which probably means no 7) and my XP PC is close to being replaced.

• LewieP says:

It was mostly just that those games have been better offers in the past, by quite a lot. Riddick was $5, Bob came in pieces has been routinely that price or less since shortly after release.

12. bananarama says:

Bob came in pieces for cheap.

link to gamersgate.com

13. user@example.com says:

Lewie, did the Hut get back to you? It didn’t sound like you’d had a response by the time your podcast went up.

• LewieP says:

Nothing so far, I am going to continue pestering them, and if I get nowhere, speak to trading standards.

14. Heliocentric says:

Sands of time is £1 in hmv, has starforce.

• The_B says:

I may be wrong, but I think only Two Thrones and possibly Warrior Within has SF, not SoT.

15. Thermal Ions says:

What, you mean Lewie isn’t an alien space robot?

16. Kevin says:

At least in the US, Blood Bowl, Dark Elves edition is 19.99.

17. Heliocentric says:

The Void for free? Well, this offsets my frustration about the void being $5 worldwide except half of the world on d2d but i’m going to want to donate ice pick $5… Hell, i guess i could just buy cargo at release.

Free is the best kind of cheap.

• Rich says:

Only reason I didn’t pick up Void (despite the freeness), is that I know I don’t have time to really get into it.

Settled for Trine instead. It’s also outside of my comfort zone.

18. HexagonalBolts says:

Does Beyond Good & Evil work alright with windows 7 x64?

• jalf says:

It works fine on my Win7 x64 box. (At least the GoG version does. As I said earlier in the thread, the non-GoG versions don’t work so well)

As far as I know, there are no specific issues with the game on either x64 or Win7.
      The problem, when it exists, is simply “modern computers”. You might have to fiddle a bit with the settings, but as far as I know, almost everyone have been able to get it working.

19. Archonsod says:

Impulse also has Blood Bowl : Dark Elves Edition for about £13.50. It’s only a tenner from Zavvi, but still in the £19.99 range elsewhere.

• malkav11 says:

That version of Blood Bowl is going to be 100% entirely superseded later this year, so I can’t recommend it even at that price. (Superseded by a version with over twice as many teams and some other gubbins, that is.)

• Eternal_newbie says:

Also may be regional pricing but not such a good deal if your in europe. it’s €25 from impulse (with the discount). And €30 from steam

20. Jeeva says:

I’ve always figured that the comparison was “The enemies gate is down”. =)
    Closest to a battleroom game out there, anyway. And now I’m going to go search for news about that game that was announced way back…

21. Nimic says:

I always did mean to give The Witcher a go. I guess I don’t have an excuse not to, now.

22. Berto says:

Who the hell had the idea of using a Gabriel Knight 3 picture? Now i’ll have to install it and play :( Man i love that game.

• jaheira says:

Hell yes. All three GK games are the business. Grace Nakamura is one of the best female game characters ever written.

23. The_B says:

I’ll once again point out Savapoints ‘loyalty deals’ which let you have Prince of Persia for the cost of shipping (£2.99 in the UK) – although again, it is the original retail version so you may have to deal with the stuff surrounding that in getting it working. (Which may be nothing at all, or could be finding OS fixes depending)

24. pirate0r says:

It was mentioned last week by someone, but it was near the end of the thread so people may have missed it. GOG.com has I-War Deluxe for $5.99 complete with glide wrapper and no more shift-q crashing bug.

• Bhazor says:

Well Bargain Bucket is only for deals and big price cuts.

More importantly Kings Bounty is now $9.99 on GoG. Which means no one has an excuse not to have it.

• Bhazor says:

As a nice side effect of checking what price Kings Bounty was on Steam I found out I owned Armo(u)red Princess some how. Which was a nice surprise.

Downloading it now.

Rhygadon says:

If you’re just starting an Armored Princess campaign, be sure to download the “Gift Bag” mod first:

link to forum.1cpublishing.eu

It’s a free official mod from the developer, which adds 50+ new items to the game. It doesn’t change anything else, but it’s implemented as an “alternate campaign” (probably as a test for the additional campaigns coming out in the next expansion), so it only works if you apply it before you start a new character. Note also that selecting “change campaign” at the main menu crashes Windows (!!) for me and many other users, but when you reboot you’ll find it worked, and you only ever need to do it once, unless you want to go back to an existing character under the original campaign. Just make sure you don’t have anything else important running at the time. :p

• Bhazor says:

Thanks for the link but that forum thread doesn’t fill me with confidence sadly. Not when I’m on limited bandwidth and really can’t afford to download the bally thing again if it goes wrong.

Rhygadon says:

It’s quite tiny (by modern standards) – less than 800K.

• Bhazor says:

I meant redownloading Armored Princess you big silly.

25. Vinraith says:

All the Paradox-developed games (including the new-ish EU3 expansion, Heir to the Throne) are on pretty good discount at Gamersgate (which is the best place to buy them, as it’s basically a direct line to Paradox). As always I’ll recommend EU3 and its attendant expansions, as well as Crusader Kings Complete to any fan of historical grand strategy.

26. Justin says:

Psychonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauts.

I can’t replay that game. Seeing the scenes and knowing it’s going to end again gives me a wierd sort of nostalgia-based sickness, like seeing the picture of a childhood friend that died.

• Heliocentric says:

Or a one time close ally who went on to make console strategy games… Wait metaphores, right.

27. mcnostril says:

I kind of want to get Shattered Horizon, but I heard the player numbers were abysmal most of the time.
    Is this true? It seems alright during the free weekend, but that’s free stuff for ya.

• monkehhh says:

Right now..
      link to stats.shatteredhorizon.com
      .. 595 players (first number), 27 servers (second number)

• mcnostril says:

That’s a little disheartening.
      Not much point in buying an online shooter no one plays.

• PleasingFungus says:

And now it’s at 1645 / 58! That is a larger pair of numbers.

(Downloading the client now.)

• monkehhh says:

SH is a great game, even in those dark hours when there’s 20 players and 1 server – the development has been a bit strange, but it seems the game is getting to a place where it should be (or maybe should’ve been to start with).

28. Freud says:

If you have been living under a rock and feel some desperate urge to play an AAA cover-shooter-who-some-think-is-an-RPG d2d have Mass Effect 2 available for £20.

link to direct2drive.co.uk

29. RoteByrd says:

I just beat Gabriel Knight 3 yesterday! Coincidences!

30. malkav11 says:

I am horribly tempted by Supreme Commander 2, but I didn’t like the first one at all so I am to say the least dubious that I would in actual fact get any enjoyment out of this one. For starters, I am a campaign RTS player. I don’t do skirmish or multi.

• Vinraith says:

@malkav11

Give the demo a try if you haven’t, it contains a the tutorial and a chunk of the campaign so it should give you a good idea of the part of the game you care about. Personally I thought it was oddly dumbed down from the earlier games, and generally pretty generic, but YMMV.

• malkav11 says:

It actually looked like a bit of an improvement from my perspective. Supreme Commander 1 was -horribly- generic and exciting mostly for things like queueing orders – functionality that would be quite useful in a game that’s got something actually exciting in the design but not enough by itself to make my heart go pitter-pat.

But after taking your advice and playing the demo a bit I concluded that while it seemed a little more enjoyable and probably worth $10, it would not be worth my time to actually -play- it, so why bother?

Especially with Starcraft II coming in another month or so.

31. Hmm says:

Talk about a confusing picture, when I saw it, I was conviced you put it there because gog.com had Gabriel Knight 3 for sale…

32. Thants says:

If anyone is thinking about getting Supreme Commander 2, just get the first one. It’s much better.

33. Koozer says:

“Who are you?”
    “I am number two.”
    “Who is number one?”
    “You are number six.”
    “I am not a number, I am a free man!

• Will Tomas says:

“I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own.”

• LintMan says:

Be seeing you!

34. MadMatty says:

agreed Supcom 2 was a downgrade for supcom 1 basically :(
    small maps, screwing up the streamlined economy/building UI.
    That said its not at all bad, its just that the 1 is superior.

• MadMatty says:

seeing you can get Supcom 1 with expansion for around 6-10 £, and the game needs something like a quad core with new graphx card to run to its best anyway, i´d agree with Thants and get that instead.

35. Stitched says:

@Nimic – If you get the “Enhanced” edition of the Witcher, it is a fantastic game for that price.

36. Mario Figueiredo says:

@TheApplePie

Well, you made me give it one more try. I know for a fact the retail version works on my machine. But this wasn’t. And I found out why it wasn’t working.

For some reason the game has trouble dealing with multiple monitors. If I disable the second monitor and launch the game, it will work. I can then re-enable the second monitor and the game will keep launching just fine.

So yeah. It is working now.