EA Refund BF1943 On PC

Troubling news from the news-barons at VG247: EA are offering a no-quibble refund policy for pre-orders of Battlefield 1943 on PC. The shooter has been massively successful in consoleland, but has been heavily delayed on PC. It’s apparently still slated for this year despite missing the original June date. This, therefore, could just be a case of EA just being nice, rather than the project being dead. The pre-order options are still available for PC on the main site, at least. Hmm. We’ll try to find out a bit more.

1. DrGonzo says:

What a shame.

2. Joe Martin says:

I SPILL MY DRINK

3. Alexander Norris says:

They’re probably hoping everyone gets the refund and forgets they ever promised a PC release. It is EA, after all.

4. godwin says:

Wasn’t even aware this wasn’t on the PC already, or that it is actually coming along. Do we really need it after the Bad Company 2 patch fiasco?

5. Arthur Barnhouse says:

I still follow the 1943 forums and I’m going to guess part of the reason is that people on that forum have been going impossibly apeshit over the past two months about this. Also EA’s been pretty heavy-handed on the forum, deleting a number of threads about people wanting refunds. Probably they realized it was just going to get worse.

6. RC-1290'Dreadnought' says:

They are official partners of Valve now, right? So maybe they’re experimenting with Valve Time?

7. jon_hill987 says:

I was looking forward to this.

What a shame.

8. Miker says:

I actually pre-ordered this to bump up one of my EA store orders over $20 for a coupon. Wonder if I’ll get that refund.

9. rocketman71 says:

EA and DICE being idiots. Again.

10. JohnnyMaverik says:

Could just be EA being nice, but my guess is that this is the first sign that they won’t be bringing the game to pc.

11. Count Elmdor says:

I wish it would come out on PC. I have the PSN version, and the lag makes it unplayable.

12. abhishek says:

I was actually interested in this game but that was a year ago. Since then, they’ve released Bad Company 2 which I bought and enjoyed, and I honestly can’t see myself paying for this now.

• Arthur Barnhouse says:

That’s not really a fair comparison, to a certain extent. 1943 has much smaller maps, doesn’t have ammo counts, and you don’t have to do anything with your loadout. It’s designed for really quick play. BC2 is a more indepth multiplayer experience.

13. term says:

Personally, I’d love a refund in consoleland too. The lag is so bad it makes the game like walking through a world filled with invisible rubber bands. It got so frustrating that I just stopped playing it entirely six months ago. Anyone else had this problem?

• Botono says:

Yes, the lag is still going on, at least on the PS3. No response at all from DICE or EA. I continue to play through the lag, which I think speaks to how fun a game this can be, but often the rubberband effect makes me want to throw my controller.

14. Sonic Goo says:

I like how the driver in the image is completely unimpressed by the huge explosion behind him.

• Mad Doc MacRae says:

“Yeah, I’ve seen better. *yawn*”

• YogSo says:

He’s a cool guy.

• Saiko Kila says:

Is he? He looked at explosion. Hm… Which means he has supernatural reflexes, which is kind of cool. I remember watching some real explosions videos (mostly courtesy of our bearded friends full of fidelity) and most people just don’t see it coming, it’s that fast. And they look funny in slow motion, especially if you like the banana peel trip kind of humour.

15. Sigma Draconis says:

Withe the lack of news on it, I figured EA silently dropped the PC version. Now it seems like they’re about ready to do just that. Now I’m guessing there’s some internal issues preventing BF1943 from getting released on PC.

16. Warduke says:

“We’ll try to find out a bit more”

Good luck on that one. People have been hounding EA in the forums for over a year for some news, ANY news but they won’t say anything. Ahh well still hoping it will come out on pc..

17. Donkeyfumbler says:

Sorry, but having read about this on a number of other sites including this one I can’t quite understand why this is even news, let alone garnering all this fuss.

Someone pre-ordered it, then asked for a refund when EA wouldn’t confirm a release date and EA said yes. Exactly what you would expect would happen for anyone pre-ordering anything then, basically, if they were to ask for a refund, whether what they had pre-ordered was due to be coming out tomorrow or in ten years time. There’s no way they couldn’t legally have not given them a refund.

Now if EA had pro-actively started offering people refunds that would be a different matter entirely, but that’s not the case here as far as I can see.

This gives us no more information about BF 1943 PC than we didn’t have yesterday – there is no official release date but it is supposedly still coming out at some point.

Nothing to see here – move along everyone.

18. Serph says:

What the hell, EA!? I want to give you my money! Why don’t you want my money!?

19. Smeghammer says:

ffs, how hard can it be? LAZY!