The RPS Bargain Bucket: Tease Your Credit

I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me, so I’ll keep it brief. I still love you though, so as always this is the cream of the digital crops, the highlights of what the digital merchants across the internet have got to tease your credit card numbers out of you. It’s the Bargain Bucket, and it’s cheap games o’clock. SavyGamer.co.uk has you covered for cheap games across all formats throughout the week.

Frozen Synapse, PC – £12.75/€14.25/$19.50 for two copies
Apply coupon “INDIEPOWER”
Nice that they give you a copy for a friend, so you can play against each other, and even split the cost. Kieron was emphatically emphatic about this in his preview back in April, and I gather the beta has been developing well since then. I’ve not tried this one yet, but I’ve got my eye on it. No doubt it’s lining someone up behind me ready to shoot me til I die.

Puzzlebots – £4.03/€4.10/$4.99
Apply coupon “PUZZLEPAX”
To celebrate PAX, and at the same time make me feel sad I’m not at PAX, Wadjet Eye games have lopped 50% off the recently perma-reduced price of Puzzlebots, making it the cheapest it’s been yet. There’s a trailer here and a demo here to help you make your mind up about it.

Company of Heroes – Discounts all over the battlefield
The Steam prices of Company of Heroes are a bit of a mess, and different combitations of the different bundles are cheapest depending on which region you are purchasing from. Here’s a region specific guide:

UK
To get all of them, buy this:
Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts – £3.74
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor – £2.49

To get individual games, get this:
Company of Heroes – £1.74
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts – £2.49
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor – £2.49

Do not get the complete pack, as it is cheaper to get the “Gold Pack” and then ToV on it’s own.

Euro
To get all of them, buy this:
Company of Heroes Complete – €11.49

Company of Heroes – €1.99
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts – €3.24
Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts – €4.99
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor – €8.49

Here the complete pack is the best discount available.

USA
Company of Heroes Complete – $12.49

Company of Heroes – $2.49
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts – $4.99
Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts – $7.49
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor – $7.49

Here the complete pack is the best discount available.

This series is always implicated in pricing nonsense, what’s THQ up to? I wonder if CoH Online will suffer the same fate? Demo here.

Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse – £14.99/€18.99/$19.99
Series three of Telltale’s episodic Sam & Max’s. I’ve never got on with these, but it is good price for an only recently concluded series of adventures, and I’ve heard that this series is the best yet. Only you can tip my umming and ahhing one way with your opinions. Give them to me.

Deal of the week
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds – £12.74/€16.99 /$16.99
It’s not even released yet and already it hooked Alec enough to have him give it seven thumbs up and a wry smile when he told us wot he thinks. It’s fascinating that we’re seeing such a low pre release price on a game in a series that has already had a pretty solid critical response. The meanies won’t let you preload (yet at least) boo!

Also of note:
Love – Free weekend, details here.
Time Gentlemen, Please! – £1.76/€1.90/$2.65 Apply coupon “lifepreserver”, sequel to the free Ben There, Dan That!.
Discounts from D2D that this SavyGamer post explains sort of. They have some daily deals too. Has anyone successful listed all the leaked discounts for the weeks ahead by url mining? D2D normally slip up there.
Irukandji & Bullet Candy Perfect – Whatever you want. Minimum is $1, but I recommend at least $5. $12 will also get you a preorder for Scoregasm.

Remember to visit SavyGamer.co.uk for all the gaming discounts all the time.

1. Navagon says:

The version of Crossworlds you (broken) linked to requires Armoured Princess. You might want to point that out.

• bill says:

It’s probably a case of it being an expansion pack that’s available in stand alone or bundled form, rather than a case of discounts already. I guess

• Navagon says:

If you don’t have any of them then I would have thought the Platinum version represented the best value for money, despite being twice as much. At least you get what are supposed to be the two best ones that way. Personally I’m thinking of getting the first one from GOG – in a deal that hasn’t even been mentioned here.

• MWoody says:

Yeesh, $17 for a small, DLC-esque expansion to a game? That’s be about right for the full standalone version.

• Vinraith says:

@MWoody

Nothing small or DLC-esque about it, it’s a full sized expansion.

• pipman3000 says:

if it was dlc-esque you’d have to pay $10-20 per feature until you eventually buy enough parts to make a full fledged expansion.

2. Velvet Fist, Iron Glove says:

Also, over at GOG they’ve got 50% off the RPS-approved “King’s Bounty: The Legend”, making it only $5 or about £3-ish.

• DarkNoghri says:

How the heck is that on GoG already?

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

Well, it’s a remake of a very old game I guess…

• Wulf says:

It’s not the only one, either. It’s been baffling me, to be honest, I’ve seen a game or two from ’09 on there. Am I going to complain? Of course not! Having another venue to get games in a guaranteed DLC-free format is always appreciated. And unless Steam offer something for about half the price of GoG (which they annoyingly sometimes do), I’m going to opt for the GoG version.

If only GoG were a tiny bit more competitive with their prices…

3. Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

link to telltalegames.com

The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 – 5 adventure games for 20 dollars
    With the Great Adventure Bundle 2010, Telltales Games has teamed up with some top PC-game publishers to bring together six great adventure games in one bundle at an incredible price. Best of all, 25 percent of your purchase price is being set aside for select charitable causes.

It’s so easy: Just choose your cause – if you don’t choose, your tax-deductible donation will be spread evenly among them all – then make your purchase. To help reach our goals, we’ve set two of the games to be unlockable once unit sales reach a certain number.
    ————–
    Games in the bundle include Daedalic’s The Whispered World, Deck 13’s Jack Keane, Activision’s King’s Quest Collection, and Hothead’s Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1.
    ——————————————————-
    It looks good, I’m considering it….

• Tei says:

Well.. I want these games, and the price is awesome. You mean I can remove this monetary quantity from my bank account, so these bits are downloaded to my digital computer? seems a great way to increase my fun quantity on my wetwhare.

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

Tei: Bit by bit you’ll get it..you are still sitting on dial-up, right? :D

And also:
      The two unlockable games are
      – Puzzle Agent at 5k USD (about 1k units sold)
      -SnM S1 at undetermined sum
      Phew…I was afraid it’s Whispered World
      It’s sitting at 1k (200), now

• icupnimpn2 says:

I’m in for the Adventure Bundle! Almost bought the Whispered World at another sale, don’t really care about King’s Quest or Penny Arcade, but Jack Keane also looks like some fun. I think I’d be happy with just those two games, but the likelihood of getting Puzzle Agent and Sam & Max Season 2 really seals the deal. Smaller studios have managed to raise as much as $1,000,000 in this format. Telltale has such a huge fan base that this is sure to make the target, but let’s publicize it anyway. Some of the larger sites such as Joystiq have yet to pick this up. Maybe their staff is still asleep.

• Sagan says:

@ Frankie:
      The game doesn’t unlock at 5.000 USD donated, but at 5.000 copies sold.

I’m interested in this bundle, but I’m still kind of swarmed in games that I got from various other bundles. I’ll wait and see whether both games get unlocked, and then maybe I’ll buy, too.

• Wulf says:

He said 5k. >_> A ‘k’ is a unit of 1,000, so 5k is 5,000.

And now I need to look into this bundle.

• Wulf says:

Point is, I think he actually did mean five thousand units, just phrased oddly.

Why phrased oddly?

Because Frankie is Frankie, and we love him for that.

• MD says:

Wulf, you’re wronger than a well-programmed wrongbot.

• Tei says:

The Whispered World:
      The voice of Sadwick is awesome. Really, really a good one.

• patricij says:

Wulf:
      it’s nice of you, but I really thought it’s dollars earned, not units bought.
      Thx for the compliment, tho…I guess :D
      -Frankie the Patrician

• Thermal Ions says:

Hmmm, sale ends 09.10.10

I wish they wouldn’t do that, it’s so ambiguous – is it 9th October or 10th September. For those hoping the 2 Telltale games unlock I bet they’re hoping for the former as there’s still less than 1,000 units sold.

4. Alexander Norris says:

I love how Tales of Valour is more than three times as expensive in the Euro zone than it is in the UK. Great maths there, THQ (not to mention the whole buying all three coming out to twice the UK price in the eurozone).

• Heliocentric says:

RPS forums smuggling thread.

• DJ Phantoon says:

Obviously they are anti-EU.

• Alexander Norris says:

Helio: I know of and don’t care about the Smuggling Ring. That’s not the fucking point. The point is that they are once more ripping off EU customers. I shouldn’t have to ask people to gift me a copy from a foreign country in order to pay a reasonable amount of money.

(Also I already own all of CoH.)

• Carra says:

I smell a business oportunity.

A UK steam reseller. Just ask €1 more for each game and everyone in the EU will make tons of profit including your company.

But yeah, it’s ridiculous that we have to use such workarounds to get a decent price. Shoo that evil region locking.

5. Xercies says:

Man Company of heroes have a sale on pretty much every 2 weeks. And there always borking the pricing up.

• Navagon says:

Someone should buy THQ a calculator.

• Warduke says:

Yah seriously, at this point is there anyone that doesn’t own them all anyway. They’ve been regularly on sale for the last year someplace or another.

• DrGonzo says:

I don’t and I really want Tales of Valour but I can’t afford it. Even at £2.50.. gah! Damn these sales. If this was this time next week I would buy it immediately.

6. MD says:

How’s the CoH multiplayer scene? I keep considering getting the game and not following through, but this is probably my best chance. Just wondering whether it’s worth getting the expansion(s) for multiplayer reasons, and if so which one(s)? If I’m only going to play singleplayer, I’ll probably just get the original game.

Also, I’m beginning to suspect I might be a robot, given the difficulty I routinely have with these captchas. Where can I go to get a Turing test at this time of night?

• terry says:

CoH multiplayer is still very popular, as it’s free to play. I’d only consider getting the pack if you want to play the ToV/OF singleplayer campaigns.

• Vandelay says:

If I ever get tired of SC2, I might try and get back into the CoH scene. I tried not too long ago, but failed miserably. Hopefully, sc2 experience of competitive RTS play may help me out a bit more (first time I’ve ever really played RTS online, except with mates and custom games.)

Are there any good tips to get good at CoH or good places to go to find out strategies (replay videos for example, or just strat guides/forums that will help beginners?) Also, should I not have been playing with Opposing Fronts in multiplayer? What terry says indicates I shouldn’t have been.

• Nick says:

You can get CoH online for free which has the full original games single player campaign in it as well.

• markcocjin says:

@Vandelay,

Here’s a tip if you want to know how to play CoH.

Even if veterans tell you that training on offline skirmishes is a bad way to get good at the game, offline will at least be a practice ground for your deployment speed and familiarization of the game’s options.

1. Play a 4 player skirmish 2 versus 2 offline.
      2. Select a faction you would like to learn as your A.I. team mate.
      3. Close one slot for the enemy team leaving only one for the other side.
      4. Run the match but choose to only specate getting your existing units somewhere safe where they cannot interact with the enemy.

Why do this instead of watching replays? Well it’s because you only have a finite amount of replays and the ones that are available are of the experienced players who have more specialized tactics. You’re more interested in the basic operations to get you started. You experiment later on when you got the basic developer suggested build order down.

• CMaster says:

Reposted from a reply fail:

CoH multiplayer is, while not absolutley heaving, full of more than enough games to keep you busy. I’d recommend sticking to automatch mostly – yes, it is challenging, but you have matchmaking going on, and in the “custom game” land, people reguarly carry out highly rehearsed behaviour on unbalanced maps, meaning you will always lose unless you also rehearse counters to said moves (and there might not even be any).

As for how to get started, Gamereplays is your answer, especially the “US Field Manual” (parts 1 and 2) and the guide to veterancy (an important part of the gameplay that the tutorials and campaign completley neglet to mention)

• MD says:

Thanks!

7. pakoito says:

I have a minor problem: I tried King’s Bounty AP demo and ot worked fine in my crappy pc, so I bought KBTL, that runs a bit worse (older first version, unoptimized, etc…) but enough to not be playable. Should I but KB CW to get the performance boost or do I stick to stuttering KBTL?

8. Snall says:

Frozen looks awesome, forgot about it, now need to trick someone into buying it with me.

9. IncredibleBulk92 says:

Also the new GAME download service has some pretty good prices on there. I haven’t seen Chaos Rising that cheap before but I haven’t really been looking too hard. Worth having a quick browse

link to game.gamesplanet.com

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

Be advised tho…it’s not your usual GG/Steam-like download when you want, activate when you want type of thing…it’s more like trygames in many aspects…

10. Mr Wonderstuff says:

Is that Gabriel Knight? That was an interesting game…quite haunting. I liked the main theme (which is on my ipod).

11. bill says:

There never seems to be a decent discount on a complete version of Dawn of War.
    Various combinations get discounts all the time, but it always feels dumb to buy an incomplete set.

I’d probably never have time to play them all, but surely it’s time for a decent discount by now?

• Navagon says:

I would avoid Soulstorm like the plague. Unless you’re all about the multiplayer, there’s no reason not to get the Gold edition.

• Archonsod says:

Unless you want to play every race in multiplayer there’s no point in buying anything but either Dark Crusade or Soulstorm.

And even then I’m fairly sure there was a means to bypass the original/WA requirements for multiplayer too.

• bill says:

Don’t care about multiplayer, just want the singleplayer campaigns…

• Archonsod says:

Dark Crusade had the best campaign. Soulstorm’s isn’t quite as good but it’s playable. The first two were the usual “you get one new unit per level” crap.

• DJ Phantoon says:

Why do people keep saying Soulstorm compares to Dark Crusade? You got two useless armies that sucked in Soulstorm, the Sisters of Battle (oh hey wonky weaker space marines with flamers or tough girl imperial guard with flamers YOUR CHOICE ON PERSPECTIVE AMERICA) and Dark Eldar which did practically nothing Chaos or Eldar did already. I get that they wanted money, and wanted to make the whiners happy, but it really wasn’t worth it. Necrons did resources differently, so that was interesting, and Tau were just overpowered so fuck those xenos.

Sure the campaign in Soulstorm was… actually entirely forgettable. I can’t remember what happened in it at all. The fact the original Dawn of War lacks Tyranids completely and had basebuilding crap means don’t buy it. Sure, it was good for the time, but Dawn of War 2 is here. Go buy that instead.

• bill says:

I guess even if the earlier campaigns sucked, I’d still want to play those as I’d be playing as more iconic races (Marines, Eldar, Orks, Guards, right?). I’d be interested in the later packs for the better campaigns, but then again less interested in the races.

(Dark Eldar is a frickin stupid idea… thy must have introduced them well after I stopped playing 40k).

So I guess I’m saying that my interest in the 40k setting is higher than my interest in the gameplay… maybe that’s why I kinda want to get the full set, even though i might not actually finish any of the campaigns. I’d just like the chance to play as all the races. (cept stupid dark eldar. ;-) )

• Vinraith says:

@bill

In Dark Crusade and Soulstorm you can play through the campaign with any of the races, actually.

• bill says:

ok… i’ve been looking more, and now i’m confused.

DoW1 = Singleplayer space marines only?
      Winter Assault = Singleplayer Guards only?
      Dark Crusade = metagame (with story?) with what playable races?
      Soulstorm = metagame (with story?) with what playable races?

So there’s no playable Orks, Eldar, Chaos in any singleplayer?

It does seem that Soulstorm’s races are skippable… so maybe i should have just picked up the platinum edition.

• bill says:

ah… ninja’d .

Ok, so maybe soulstorm is skippable. DoW+WA+DC would mean I could play all the races I wanted in singleplayer.

Or just Dark Crusade would mean i could play all the races in singleplayer, even without the originals?

I think. Most confusing.

• Vinraith says:

@bill

DoW1 = Linear, “tutorial-like” space marine campaign with “go here do that” gameplay and “one new unit per map” progression.

Winter Assault = 2 linear, “tutorial-like” campaigns, one where you alternately play eldar and guard, one where you alternately play chaos and orks.

Dark Crusade = Dynamic metamap campaign that can be played with any race available in the game (marines, guard, chaos, orks, eldar, tau, or necrons) with story elements tailored to whichever race you’re playing. This is my favorite of the bunch, but then I find linear RTS campaigns incredibly dull.

Soulstorm = Dynamic metamap camapign playable with any race available in the game (all the DC races plus Dark Eldar and Soulstorm) with very light story elements tailored to whichever race you’re playing. Neither the unit additions nor the race additions are particularly great here, and the campaign seems weaker as well.

It’s also worth noting, if single player is your priority, that there is an excellent skirmish AI mod for DC and Soulstorm which greatly increases the fun and challenge on non-scripted maps in the campaign as well as in skirmish (there are versions for the earlier releases as well, but they won’t impact the campaign and are woefully outdated).

• bill says:

Wow. Thanks for that.
      It sure sounds like DC is the one to go for. But would I be missing out on the story from the first two?
      (i’m kinda a story-oriented gamer)

• Vinraith says:

@bill

Honestly, I don’t know. I couldn’t make it very far into either the DoW1 or Winter Assault campaigns, myself, as they were simply too scripted to be interesting IMO. I’m not necessarily the best person for you to take advice from on this, I’m afraid. I’ve always thought RTS games were an absolutely lousy story-telling vehicle, I’m in it for the gameplay and the rare campaign (like that in Dark Crusade) which actually allows for some strategic context and consequence.

12. jeremypeel says:

Already picked up bog standard CoH in that sale, should be good fun when I get around to it. Time Gentlemen, Please! is about to be purchased, hooray for that one.

I think I’m gonna wait on Frozen Synapse still, despite the fact my last couple of days playing Flotilla has completely sold me on its simultaneous turn-based genius. I just don’t like the idea of becoming tired of a game before it’s even released.

• jeremypeel says:

Gaah, I can’t for life of me find a ‘Confirm Buy’ button for Time Gentlemen, Please!. Anyone experiencing the same eyesight problems?

• Janek says:

Jeremy: Yeah I’ve got the same thing, seems to be the frames being all screwy. If you open just that frame (in Firefox: Right click, this frame, show only this frame) it should work fine.

13. user@domain.com says:

@bill
    Its 25USD/15GBP (without DoW 2) at GamersGate (or lower if you have spent some money there).

• kenoxite says:

There’s also Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War – Platinum (includes everything but Soulstorm) for just 10€.
      That’s a pretty damn good price, if you ask me.

• bill says:

@user:

I’m clearly spoiled by steam sales, because $25 seems really expensive ;-)

@kenoxite:

yeah, but it doesn’t include soulstorm. it’s like buying the led zepplin calatalogue without number 4.

• kenoxite says:

Up to you. But Soulstorm isn’t needed IMO. It just adds a couple (uninsteresting) new races and an utterly boring SP campaign.

• DJ Phantoon says:

hahahahahahahaha NO.

Soulstorm wasn’t worth the cost of admission and you’re saying it’s equivalent to Zeppelin 4? PLEASE.

• bill says:

@DJ:

I have no idea if they are comparable – i haven’t played it yet!

But it’d still be a mostly complete, yet incomplete set. Swap 4 for your least favorite album if it makes you feel better. The one you rarely listen to, but without it your Zep collection would be incomplete.

14. Supertonic says:

Am I the only one who found the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max pretty good but felt that the new (3rd) season is just somehow lacking something? It’s just not much fun to be honest, and not that funny anymore.

15. Xavii says:

Direct2Drive is holding a massive sale campaign through September:
    Games for 6$/€/£ : link to direct2drive.com (The list is renewed each week, although I’ve noticed some changes in the listing as of now.)
    2 promos each day: link to direct2drive.com (Same numbers in all currencies, so buy them through the US site, if possible)

16. Xavii says:

Direct2Drive is holding a massive sale campaign through September:
    Games for 6$/€/£: link to direct2drive.com (The list is renewed each week, although I’ve noticed some changes in the listing as of now.)
    2 promos every day: link to direct2drive.com (Same numbers in all currencies, so buy them through the US site, if possible)

17. Berto says:

Look! It’s Gabriel Knight 3! Yey!

Bye

18. Ginger Yellow says:

The last episode of Sam & Max is a bit meh, and a bit short, but the season as a whole is superb.

19. Dean says:

If you want Sam and Max Season 3 I’d suggest getting it direct from Telltale: link to telltalegames.com

It’s the same price, but when the DVD version comes out you can get a copy for the price of shipping.

Good Old Games have a good promo this weekend too, 50% of 1c stuff including the UFO games and Kings Bounty: link to gog.com

20. MycoRunner says:

I want the game that’s in the title picture! What is it! Looks fun! (seriously, what is it?)

• Tom says:

Gabriel Knight 3 Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned.

Pretty nice adventure game with one truely epic puzzle in it

• rei says:

Said epic puzzle isn’t the one pictured here, however, although this one is probably more famous (if you’ve ever heard the term “cat hair moustache”, this is the one).

21. Freud says:

2010-08-31

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

Company of Heroes 7,99 EUR

Timing is everything. No big deal though. It is a bargain at the old price too, from what I have seen this far.

22. LostSoviet says:

No mention of Child’s Play on Impulse? Until the 10th, Impulse will donate some of its proceeds, and has 120+ titles 50% off to lure you into charitable deeds.

Elemental’s launch may hover over Impulse like a dark cloud of disappointment, but this is for charity, people!

• Klaus says:

Hells with charity. Better that they should die and decrease the surplus population.

• amanda says:

Impulse’s sale prices never look like sale prices.

• kenoxite says:

That’s because of their sale “blindness”.

23. undead dolphin hacker says:

I’ve got King’s Bounty: Armored Princess on Steam. Is there the slightest possibility that the Gamersgate version will work properly with it?

• Vinraith says:

It reads to me like you just need to have Armored Princess installed somewhere, but I can’t say for sure. Gamersgate has a better track record than most other digital distributors for not requiring you to own the prerequisite game on their particular service, but there have been exceptions.

24. Risingson says:

If you buy the Telltale adventure bundle and have a problem with the browser login screen, it is because the username or the password is wrong. There is no “wrong password!” message for the time being, it just remains there.

379 units sold so far, wow.

25. It's a Four Letter Word says:

What…. what is that Love thing? The website is very primitive, aged-looking. But it looks like a pointillist Seurat painting.

And yet, the image of some female character clearly resembles more than a tad an image from Monkey island 3. It’s a bizarre thing all around.

26. Zwebbie says:

I’m surprised at how cheap CoH has gotten; it isn’t in any way an outdated game and people still speak fondly of it, so I’d imagine it’d sell for a little more. Not that I’m complaining! At €2, it’s worth it just for watching the wonderfully spectacular explosions.

27. drewski says:

Oooh, I can finally pick up Opposing Fronts for a decent price.

It’s only $3.74 for me too. Not sure why?

28. Gregg B says:

The Penumbra Collection is going for £4.13 ($6 I think) at Frictional Games’ store.

29. NAJoe says:

Sweet Modern Warfare 2 is $10 whole dollars off today on Direct2Drive. Now its the price it should have been when it was released 10 months ago!! Nice to see that Activision is still in love with insulting everyone’s intelligence.

30. jalf says:

@Jeremypeel and anyone else unable to find the “confirm” button on the Time Gentlemen, Please page:

try this link instead: link to plimus.com

for some reason, the one listed in the bargain bucket post is to another page where the actual purchase stuff is embedded in a too-small frame, so part of the page is cut off. link to plimus.com will take you directly to the purchase page, fully visible and usable.

31. thebigJ_A says:

There’s a Quick Look of Frozen Synapse over on GiantBomb.com, gives a good feel for it.

link to giantbomb.com

32. Steven Dick says:

Try link to gamereplays.org for strategies, replays and forums on CoH.

33. CWalker00 says:

Is anyone else having problems purchasing off of GOG? My bank account refuses to do anything with it, and it’s rather upsetting.

34. CMaster says:

35. Soci says:

Newly Released (at least on the PC) Broken Sword Directors cut is already half price on Impulse!

Probably only the second game i’ve bought from them.

36. Gerstmann's Awkward Mustache says:

I really like Gabriel Knight 3. There’s a definite charm and care put into the animations and facial expressions that overcomes the poor aging of blocky polygonal bodies.

That said, I recently bought it from GoG.com and can’t really bring myself to play through it. I recommend longplays if you’re into old adventure games. TV? Who needs it?

• Gerstmann's Awkward Mustache says:

Oh, you mean to tell me this is a Bargain Bucket thread?

Fucking…

• Berto says:

I’m replaying it right now in anticipation to Gray Matter that will be released in October. Its one of my all time favourites and the aging technical side didn’t bother me really.

• Gerstmann's Awkward Mustache says:

I can’t get through it mostly due to the control/movement scheme (which is actually kind of neat). It just makes me incredibly motion sick, there might be mouse acceleration issues.

Gray Matter and Syberia 3 are definitely on my horizon.

37. Risingson says:

WARNING: it seems that the adventure bundle is giving lots of headaches. For example, The Whispered World comes without videos. Let’s hope they solve this.

38. Hulk Handsome says:

A heads up on the Adventure Bundle, Puzzle Agent is now unlocked, and Sam & Max Season 2 is now the game unlocked at 5000 bundles. It’s a shame it doesn’t seem to be doing so well, but then again it lacks some of the indie bundle features… cross platform for example. I’m also not sure if these games are DRM free.

It’s also gotten hardly any publicity, I’ve only heard about it in these comments!

Anyway, I just bought a copy thanks to the Puzzle Agent unlock. I hope we get to 5k!