A Gret Time: Gretel And Hansel Pt. 2

From left to right: Gretel, a boy, a dead girl, a dead boy and Keanu Reeves.

Gretel and Hansel Part 2 is just how I like my point’n’click games: short, curious and sinister, like some kind of… really short… sinister… private detective. I’m sorry, I think I’m out of simile credits.

Alec wrote about Part 1 of this indie retelling of the Hansel & Gretel story when it was released almost a year ago, calling it “lovely, in a vaguely malevolent way.” Part 2 provides more of the same ominous watercolour puzzling, and is just as deserving of your time. Go play! Video walkthrough after the jump, because who has time to play a point’n’click game without a walkthrough these days? Thanks to the Indie Games blog for spotting this first.

1. Dataflashsabot says:

oh god the puns

2. Rich says:

As long as it doesn’t have than annoying obstacle run.

3. Pani says:

That was one of the best adventure games I’ve played in a long time. I only had to look up an answer once.

Seems like I missed helping the old feller though. Anyone know what happens when you help him? And what happens after helping the lady? She just vanished when I helped her.

Oh and I missed a few of the deaths (maybe 5), wish there was someway to go back and see them without having to play the entire game over.

I’m going to have to play the first now.

4. Igor Hardy says:

I love both parts of this. I now can’t stop to wonder how are they going to top all the horrors in Part 3.

@Pani *SPOILERS* When you help him, the old fella plays a neat tune on his guitar. And the lady simply dies from the axe wounds and evaporates.

5. blind_boy_grunt says:

that was beautiful and a bit creepy. (I had to look at the walktrough to realize that you can use the map you find to teleport)

6. Elgoog The Foul says:

Is there a version that you can download and play without internet connection or is downloading a sfw the only option? (I have very annoying adobe flash issues)

Thanks in advance!

7. dr_danger says:

Utterly mental but fantastic!

8. The Dark One says:

The only part I got stuck on was the part with the fairies. I still don’t know what I did differently to get that part to work from the gazillion previous attempts.