It’s Random Question Time, Again

I’ve got a random question for you, readers. I’d like you to leave your answers in the comments section below, if you would be so kind.

What games did you spend money on in October? Please list anything you might have bought, PC or console, budget or full price, DLC, subscription, or microtransaction.

Go!

1. LimeWarrior says:

Civ 5
    Amnesia: the dark descent

Both full price

2. Delusibeta says:

The Fallout 3 GotY + Fallout New Vegas deal for £30 off Zavvi, plus Just Cause 2 for £9 from the same site. All for PC. None of which has arrived.

3. Shakermaker says:

The PC version of Fallout New Vegas, retail, 45 euro. And that is about it. I might still get the RDR DLC.

4. Tom Camfield says:

Men of War! (as requested by RPS)

… and, er, maybe VVVVVV and Civ IV. I think both were reduced on Steam this month or something.

5. DiamondDog says:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West – 360
    Cut the Rope – iPhone

Lots and lots of demos and free things. My empty wallet is glad that most of those demos convinced me I didn’t need the to buy the full thing!

6. Little Tohya says:

Puzzle Quest 2, Icewind Dale off GoG, and I might be getting Rock Band 3 (Wii) on Friday…

I had ordered a GBA SP off Amazon, too, but that didn’t turn up so I’m getting a refund.

Also, that puppygames bundle? Purchasing right now.

7. Dink Smallwood says:

Alpha Protocol from Green Man Gaming for £2.49
    Dogfighter from Steam for 1.35€
    Empire and Napoleon Total War DLC from Steam for 5.47€

8. Markachy says:

Fallout: New Vegas on 360, £40 (definitely my game of the year, if not game of the last 3 years!)
    Left 4 Dead 2 on PC £4 (bought during Steam sale and played once)

9. harvb says:

Batman Arkham Asylum (60% off on Steam), Delve Deeper (Steam) and some DLC for Supreme Commander 2. (Thank god for Steam accounts saving all my transactions!)

So in summary, two games and one load of DLC all from Steam.

10. Ravenger says:

Fallout: New Vegas – only £22.99 from Gameplay
    Telltale’s Monkey Island series cheap from steam.
    Dogfighter 4 pack cheap from Steam
    Planescape Torment from GOG

I must stop buying games when they’re cheap. My gaming backlog grows ever larger.

• Carra says:

Yeah, my backlog is now so large that it would take me two years to finish them all if I played every day.

But how can one pass on games like Planescape Torment?

11. Carra says:

Civ 5.[retail] (might be end of september)
    Minecraft [dev website]
    Icewind Dale [gog.com]
    Baldurs Gate [gog.com]
    Outcast. [gog.com]

12. CTRL-ALT-DESTROY says:

Oh, how I loathe thee, CAPTCHA. Arkham Asylum was 66% off on Steam this weekend so I nabbed that. Soon after I’ll be buying me some Amnesia.

13. Tusque d'Ivoire says:

I bought a lot of steam sales stuff. the only exception being minecraft, but that was way back when quinns did his thing and wooed me.

Titan Quest Gold, Red Faction Guerilla, (if metro2033 appears in the thq sale i will add that to the list), Dogfighter and Left4Dead 1&2 back when it was on sale.

And then i bought Batman: Arkham Asylum. But i can’t for the life of me get it to work. i wonder if i can get a refund on steam if the game just won’t work…

14. Edawan says:

My WoW subscription. I think that’s all.

• Edawan says:

Also, indirect gaming spendings : around 600€ on hardware upgardes.

15. NukeLord says:

Civ V for £26.50
    Planescape: Torment for £6.50
    A couple of things from the TF2 store I was able to buy for the minimum £4 I had to put in the Steam wallet
    Someone bought me DogFighter

Thinking of getting New Vegas.

16. Flameberge says:

October, hmmm… let’s see…

Dogfighter – £1.05 on Steam

Jagged Alliance 2 – GOG.com (whenever it was half price, so about £4.99 I think?)

17. Koozer says:

This month? I Bought £20 worth of League of Legends fake-o-money, the value I reckon the game is worth.

18. Ilinx says:

For my sins: Medal of Honor, Gothic IV (which included Gothic 3) and… that’s actually it. I also fathered a fresh offspring so that has had some impact on game time, but that hardly seems like an excuse for such poor choices.

Oh wait, also bought Titan Quest in yesterday’s Steam sale. Already had a boxed copy, mind you, but £2.50 is hard to argue with.

19. TXinTXe says:

Deathspank, Fallout NV, Minecraft and tidalis, I think.

20. Vertel says:

Puzzle Pirates (don’t LOOK at me like that), Nimbus, The Ball, Tales of Monkey Island, Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2.

21. Ezhar says:

WoW subscription (reactivated to look at talent changes)
    Arcania Is Not Gothic 4(this game has no soul)
    Enslaved PS3 (nice but not super awesome – at least the PS3 got dusted off a bit)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (cause it was on sale and I heard good things – haven’t played it yet)
    Alpha Protocol (hidden gem)

And of course still playing Minecraft and looking forward to the Halloween-or-later update.

22. Bozzley says:

Bayonetta and Fable 3 on the Xbox 360.

Dogfighter (four player pass) on the PC.

I also tried to buy Civ 5 for £2.35 as tipped by SavyGamer, but they ran out of codes.

Oh, and I suppose another month of game time for World of Warcraft counts too.

23. csuzw says:

WoW sub and pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition.

Probably would have spent more but a combination of doing stuff away from computer, spending a fair amount on games in the previous couple of months and Cataclysm about to be released has stopped me.

24. hellboy says:

Brought Minecraft at the beginning of the month (or perhaps late last month).

Brought Fallout New Vegas via an online store for AU$39. Still waiting for it to arrive though I’ve arranged to play the game using other methods.

Would have purchased via Steam, however the publishers felt fit to charge the full Aussie RRP price rather than the American Dollar price. I don’t see why we should be disadvantaged by a strong Australian doller, so I found a cheaper way to buy the game and Steam has lost out this time round…

25. Snidesworth says:

Just Fallout: New Vegas. Contemplated getting Enslaved, Castlevania and Costume Quest but I decided to hold out and wait for FNV. Costume Quest can be picked up afterwards, Enslaved and Castlevania can drop in price a bit.

26. Tom Armitage says:

Super Meat Boy (XBLA)
    Restarted my WOW subscription (£8.99 pm)
    Game Dev Story (iOS)
    Cut The Rope (iOS)
    Trainyard (iOS)

27. Tagert says:

Crusader Kings
    Miner Wars
    Lionheart – King’s Crusade
    Gothic Bundle (On Steam)
    Bay12Games – Dwarf Fortress (Recurring Donation) (Don’t know if that counts)
    Patrician IV
    Rulers of Nations

…it’s uni holidays.

28. mojo says:

wow subscription
    eve subscription x2
    titan quest gold @steam
    l4d2 @steam

29. Commander Gun says:

Civ 5
    Dogfight
    WoW subscription
    Monkey Island 1 and 2

30. j. says:

I bought Super Meat Boy and Rock Band 3 for teh Xbox360.
    And Left 4 Dead 2 for PC during the Steam sale.

31. pirusu says:

Hm, lessee.

Xbox 360:
    Costume Quest
    Fallout: New Vegas

iPhone:
    Game Dev Story
    Cut the Rope
    Trainyard

PC:
    WoW Subscription
    Minecraft for two friends (I’d already bought it for myself a few months ago)
    Recettear

32. Octaeder says:

Ended up with a lot of sale stuff:

Dogfighter
    Puzzle Dimension
    Tales of Monkey Island Pack

Also Fallout New Vegas and Dead Rising 2 and had Civ 5 gifted to me.

33. Nihilille says:

Telltale’s Monkey Island pack (Steam sale) – Because I’ll buy anything that’s sufficiently on sale on Steam apparently, no idea if I’ll play it.
    New Vegas (Steam) 16 hours in and counting.
    Dead Rising 2 (PS3) On case 4, don’t play it much because when I want a quick fix the frequent loading times deter me.
    Minecraft – Played the shit out of for a week, now waiting for updates.
    Monkey Island 2 (gift on Steam) Finished the first island mainly from guilt since it was a gift.

34. BaronWR says:

It’s been a good month for games. So far:

Lara Croft and the Quardian of Light (PC): This is amazing. This for £10 is incredible.
    Civ V: Wouldn’t have got it, but then there was a pricing error…

And, probably a little off-topic

Arkham Horror!

35. abhishek says:

I spent way too much this month :(

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – Steam

Blood bowl: LE
    Super mario galaxy 2

Steam:
    Shank
    Deathspank
    Dogfighter (sale)
    Tales of monkey island (sale)
    The misadventures of PB Winterbottom

38. beefchief says:

men of war (steam sale)
    civ 5 (coolshop sale)
    just cause 2 (amazon)

39. Spatula says:

fallout new vegas

erm…. that’s it

40. K says:

Tales of Monkey Island Steam sale.

41. SLeigher says:

Minecraft, Supreme Commander 2(steam $20) and Titan Quest Gold ($3 on steam), Halo Reach although that might have been september, i forget when it came out, probably blow a heap of money this week though depending on what else THQ is discounting on steam. Pirated a couple of others but let’s not talk about that.

42. Bonegnawer says:

Eschalon Book I (Steam)
    Worldshift Collectors Edition (Retail) . 7 Euro – new mouspad + bonus game

43. Xocrates says:

Pre-ordered Back to the Future from Telltale and got Deathspank (PC).

That seems to be all for this month bar some crazy sale on steam. Which is a good thing considering the hole in my wallet after last month.

44. Lars Westergren says:

Dogfighter (Steam)
    Puzzle Dimension (Steam)
    Big Brain Wolf (Steam)
    Deathspank (Steam)
    Lara Croft Guardian of Light (Steam)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (Steam)
    AI War: Fleet Command (Steam)
    Fallout New Vegas Collector’s Edition (Retail)
    Temple of Elemental Evil (GoG)
    Planescape Torment (GoG)
    Icewind Dale 1 Complete (GoG)
    Fallout 1 & 2 (GoG)
    Baldur’s Gate 1 (GoG)

The only ones I’ve had time to play is Planescape: Torment (by #1 fav game ever, haven’t played it in years) and Fallout: New Vegas, which is Game of the Year for me, so far.

45. Jolly Teaparty says:

Fallout 3 (thehut.com)
    Fallout New Vegas (thehut.com)
    Dead Rising (Gamestation)
    Planescape Torment (GOG.com)
    Jagged Alliance 2 (GOG.com)
    The Longest Journey (GOG.com)

46. FP says:

Boxed version of:

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

And on Steam (all were on sale):

Sol Survivor
    Disciples II Gold
    Dogfighter

• Jolly Teaparty says:

Beware of Disciples II Gold I can’t count how many hours I’ve lost to that game. It’s simplicity instills “JUST ONE MORE TURN”-syndrome even worse than the Civ games.

47. Lobiency says:

World of Warcraft subscription
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Dogfighter

48. Grevpt says:

Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich (wich I bought in retail, but comes with that starforce rubish), gog.com, 5$99

L4D2, steam, 4.75 euros

49. Sagan says:

Dogfighter – 1.5$
    Men of War – 4$
    Left 4 Dead 2 – 7$
    Everyday Genius: SquareLogic – 2.5$

I have only played SquareLogic out of these games… The rest I bought because they were cheap, but I haven’t gotten around to them yet.

50. cjhyde says:

Nothing at all. The only games I play anymore are free browser and downloadable games.