It’s Random Question Time, Again

I’ve got a random question for you, readers. I’d like you to leave your answers in the comments section below, if you would be so kind.

What games did you spend money on in October? Please list anything you might have bought, PC or console, budget or full price, DLC, subscription, or microtransaction.

Go!

1. laikapants says:

PC:
    Deathspank (pre-order price)
    The Ball (pre-order price)
    Fallout:New Vegas CE (full price)
    Killing Floor et al (Steam sale price)
    Gifted two copies of Minecraft
    Men of War Gold (Steam sale price)

360:
    Costume Quest (full price)
    Red Dead Redemption’s Undead Nightmare DLC (full price)
    the DLC for Toy Soliders (full price)
    Dante’s Inferno (technically full price but it is now half the original price and at a thoroughly purchasable zone for something so openly silly/serious/me just wanting to bash things)

And then I bought a nice pile of stuff for Child’s Play.

• laikapants says:

I knew I forgot somethings:

PC:
      Lara Craft (full price)
      Dead Rising 2 (full price)

Pretty sure that’s it now.

2. Alex says:

Tidalis, full price, steam.

3. Heliosicle says:

FNV, SupCom 2, Dogfighter.

Total of £36 I think.

4. HeavyStorm says:

Starcraft II

I was waiting — patiently — until both I had more free time and its price reached a more acceptable range (still think that Blizz is becoming a crazy megalomaniac).

I bought the game for the launch price and have played 10 matches on BNet, and nothing of the campaign. Ugh!

5. JB says:

I think it’s just Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic & Dogfighter 4 pack. Both on Steam.

Still not bought Dominions 3, too pricey for me at the moment =(

6. Chris D says:

Dead Rising 2
    Governor of Poker 2 (Steam impulse buy, I am weak. On the other hand, probably lost less money than I would actually playing Poker)
    Red Faction: Guerilla (Now if only I can get it to work)
    Dogfighter

Strong possibility of Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition before end of week
    Also good chance of being tempted by and crazy bargains in the current Steam sale
    And I notice Amnesia is half price on Impulse.

Also are we counting boardgames inspired by the Cardboard Children column?
    In that case Arkham Horror, Citadels and Arcana.

In my defence it was my birthday this month.

Also next month: nothing at all. I shall be firm on this. I shall.

7. disperse says:

I bought 6d6 and 2d8 from these guys: link to gamescience.com

Hoping to get some face to face Blood Bowl going but haven’t gotten any of my friends to bite yet.

8. FunnyB says:

From Steam:

Batman: Arkham Asylum Goatee Edition
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Red Faction Guerilla

9. Stick says:

Mass Effect 2 (PC!)

all the non-horse-armour DLC

as in, Cerberus Research Disaster #896, Thief: Deadly Memories and Revenge of the Lovely Blue Lady.

10. PJ says:

Tidalis from Arcen Games

11. MDevonB says:

Dog Fighter and Claptraps Robot Revolution. Probably going to pick up Lair of the Shadow Broker before the month is up.

Sucks being (just about) broke.

12. Sander Bos says:

Minecraft (online), Men of War (steam), Trainyard and Fruit Ninja (iPod touch)

(I had to look it up, because I didn’t actually play any of those games for a long time, what I actually *played* the most was Gish (replay) and bad company 2 (until I got too frustrated and regretted playing it at all))

13. maggotfeed says:

Minecraft
    MOO1 + MOO2 (from GoG)

14. plugmonkey says:

Xbox 360
    Assassin’s Creed II for £12 off’ve Amazon.
    Secret Armoury of General Knoxx for Borderlands.
    Will be getting Fable 3 and Rock Band 3 on Friday.

PC:
    Nothing. My Steam library is full. I just read a previous poster talking about Blood Bowl, thought “I was thinking about getting that!” and then loaded up Steam to discover I already have it and had forgotten. That might have been this month, I suppose, seeing as I have no recollection of it. I need help.

15. joe says:

In October, Fallout New Vegas and Minecraft. If you had said the past 30 days (from September 28th to now), then include Borderlands: Claptrap’s Robot Revolution and Dead Rising 2. All games for the PC.

Does downloading The Sacrifice for L4D/L4D2 count as well?

16. TJF588 says:

Shit, this is gonna be kind of a pain. Lessee, in alphabetical order, for myself…

Back to the Future Episode 1 (pre-“purchase”)
    DogFighter (sale, Steam)
    Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (sale, GOG.com)
    Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem (used)
    Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure (used)
    Indubitably Green (TF2 Store; in conjuntion with Mann Co. hat offer)
    Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games (free, GOG.com)
    Left 4 Dead (sale, Steam)
    Left 4 Dead 2 (sale, Steam)
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection (used, PS2; maybe first in Sept., switched copies in Oct.)
    Mega Man Zero Collection (new, sale, on order)
    Numen: Contest of Heroes (sale, Steam)
    Space Harrier II (free code, GamersGate)

MMAC, ED:SR, and HHitPA were part of a buy 2 used, get 1 used free promo at GameStop; spent so much time deliberating, but then one of the employees wrangled up which NDS games they had physical stuff for, and highly recommended Hatsworth; though the game itself may be cheap at times, totally (or at least to some significant degree) worth it.

17. Dr. Evanzan says:

L4D2 in the Steam sale.
    Outcast in the GOG sale.
    Dogfighter in the Steam sale.

Tried for Civ 5 in the Coolshop misprice but wasn’t fast enough :-(

Also ordered ArmA 2 for £6 from The Hut at the end of September but it went out of stock and I still haven’t received it. :’-(

18. Mortis says:

$10 worth of Riot Points of which I’ve spent like $4 worth on the LIMITED TIME Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks skin for League of Legends. That’s all.

(computer’s been kicking the bucket, and it did last night in fact)

19. Kid A says:

Fallout: New Vegas and Red Faction Gorilla on PC, Fifa 11 and Halo: Reach on my consoletoy.

20. Aquarion says:

I spent 2.17 on TF2 weaponry, I bought the Cyan Complete pack (and finally got around to completing Myst), and Fallout New Vegas on Steam.

I bought “Abduction 2” for my mobile from the Android market.

Subs: City of Heroes

And for games websites, a sub to you lot, and a sub to FalloutNexus for faster access to some FO3 mods

21. Archonsod says:

Gamer’s Gate:
    Delve Deeper (on a 2-4-1 deal)
    Divinity II Ego Draconis (£8 loyalty sale)
    Konung III Ties of the Dynasty (sale)
    Blade Kitten
    Marine Park Empire (sale)
    Guardians of Graxia
    Dead Rising II
    Space Harrier (free)

Steam:
    Dogfighter (£1.05 sale)

GoG
    Icewind Dale Complete

Others:
    Fallout New Vegas (from Amazon)
    CitiesXL 2011 (direct from focus, discounted for owning the previous version)
    Blood Bowl Legendary Edition (as above)

22. WFL says:

Star Trek Online.

Great MMO for casual players like myself who don’t have time to be addicted (to minecraft).

• WFL says:

Guess I’ll also note that I got it for $10 on Amazon (Collectors Edition). Haven’t had any micropayments, nor have I exceeded my free first month.

23. RogB says:

PC:
    Anno 1404 (£6 amazon!)
    Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising
    L4D2

PS3
    Assassins creed 2

ipod:
    Neuroshima Hex
    Trainyard
    Roll through the ages
    Plants vs Zombies
    Peggle

All on some sort of sale. As you can see, im cheap.

24. tribal whore says:

Batman Arkham Asylum: $13
    Puzzle Dimension: $5
    Lara Croft Guardian of light: $affordable

25. Dave says:

Nothing. I kinda want (warning FILTHY CONSOLE GAMES AHEAD) Super Scribblenauts and Taiko Drum Master but my birthday is ocming up and we just bought a house and whatnot.

Mostly this month I have been playing Sacred 2, but with my lazily asskicking Capricious Hunter dryad falling victim to a quest bug in the most annoying area of the campaign (the endless mazelike underground tunnels that begin under Seraphim Island) I’ve lost my taste for it.

So I went back to Titan Quest, aka Bowling For Satyrs While Wearing No Trousers, pretending that it’s Diablo III.

26. Skusey says:

Recettear and the SupCom2 DLC from Steam. A Xbox 360 with Fable 2 and Gears 2 from Game, all preowned. And a copy of the Fable 3 collectors edition, which I should get in a day or two.

27. Birdman Tribe Leader says:

Arcanum and Myst for 4 or 5 dollars each on GOG
    Dogfighter

28. Ricc says:

Luckily I have been keeping a list of my gaming expenditures for along time now, otherwise I’d be buying (and then not playing) way too much stuff twice… So, this month:

Alpha Protocol 2,5€
    Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare 3€
    Outcast €
    Lugaru HD 7,2€
    The Ball 16,2€

All digital stuff, no boxes. Alpha Protocol was a pricing error on Green Man Gaming, that I shamelessly snagged. :3

29. lilgamefreek says:

The Ball

30. Arnulf says:

Fallout: New Vegas for the ps3.

Although I’m german and living here I bought the UK version, because I hate cut editions.

31. Fumarole says:

This month, all via Steam sales:

Numen: Contest of Heroes
    Dogfighter
    Titan Quest Gold

• Fumarole says:

I forgot to include Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games from Good Old Games for free as part of their Thank You promo. No money spent, but there you go.

32. Jason F says:

Bought way too much this month, though not any PC games (sales just aren’t there)

Got a deal on Wii points, so picked up Bit Trip Fate and Lit for DLC.
    Kirby’s Epic Yarn and Metroid Other M in a deal together
    Excitebots w/wheel and Wii Music on clearance + coupons

Also got a deal on xbox points, so picked up Super Meat Boy, Scott Pilgrim, and some Rock Band tracks.

Considering picking up dogfighter, but am somewhat resistant due to other games I’ve picked up because “Its so cheap!” during steam sales that never get played.

33. Altemore says:

Dead rising 2, full price on steam, 40 euroes.

34. pws says:

Early Christmas shopping for little girl (Russian Accent):

Super Scribblenauts
    Miles Edgeworth in Ace Attorney Investigations
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (& Wii Wheel)

For me:

The Ball
    Shank
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Jet Set Radio Future (yes, the old Xbox Game)

I think that’s it… Oh, unless you include Collectible Card games, cause I preordered Call of Cthulhu: Screams from Within as well.

35. Jason F says:

Wait, the l4d2 sale was this month not last month? Add 2 gift copies of that to my list.

36. theleif says:

I bought way too many games this month, most of them on sale though.

Sol Survivor 4-pack
    DogFighter 4-pack
    Divinity II – Ego Draconis
    Civ 5
    R.U.S.E (gifted to me)
    Delve Deeper 2-pack
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Bob Came in Pieces
    King’s Bounty Crossworlds
    The Path
    Tidalis

• theleif says:

Oh god, theres even more.

On GOG:
      Independence War 2
      Freespace 2
      Republic: The Revolution
      Arcanum: Abracadabra bla bla obscura
      Temple of Elemental Evil

That was an embarrassingly long list.

• theleif says:

And to be specific:

Sol Survivor 4-pack, Steam, sale
      DogFighter 4-pack, Steam, sale
      Divinity II – Ego Draconis, Gamersgate, sale
      Civ 5, Retail (!) Fullprice
      R.U.S.E, Steam, gift
      Delve Deeper 2-pack, Gamersgate, sale
      Hegemony: Philip of Macedon, Impulse, sale
      Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Gamersgate, sale
      Bob Came in Pieces, Gamersgate, sale
      King’s Bounty Crossworlds + AP, Gamersgate, sale(ish)
      The Path, Gamersgate, sale
      Tidalis, Gamersgate, sale

And on GOG. Not sure what qualifies as sales here.
      Independence War 2
      Freespace 2
      Republic: The Revolution
      Arcanum: Abracadabra bla bla obscura
      Temple of Elemental Evil

There. Sorry for the reply spam.

• theleif says:

Oh dear, I just bought Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition on GOG.

37. coldwave says:

The Longest Journey
    Jagged Alliance 2
    Outcast
    Super Meat Boy (360)
    Costume Quest (360)
    Limbo (360)
    Dead Rising: Case Zero (360)

• Auspex says:

Oh I forgot about iPhone games!
      Bookworm
      PLants vs. Zombies (just today it’s only 59p!)
      Game Dev Story

I think that’s everything… Man! I really didn’t think I’d bought a lot of games this month.

41. Jerkstore says:

(all on Steam)

Men of War Gold Edition $8.74
    Monkey Island Complete Pack $4.99
    Steam Wallet $25 (for TF2 items, not worth it at all in retrospect) $25
    The Polynomial $9.99
    Fallout New Vegas $49.99
    The Ball $17.99
    2K Baseball Bundle $2.99

So the total is about $120 USD. Only regret is spending any money on TF2 because it’s a complete numbers game with the drops, crafting and boxes. The people who go through 5 pages of items a day will get the good stuff, the people like me who only have 3 pages of items after playing the game on and off since release will get crap. The Polynomial I probably wouldn’t have considered if it weren’t for the RPS review, and that was quite enjoyable! Same as The Ball.

42. alantwelve says:

I bought 2 games this month, Planescape: Torment (£6.99) and Wizardry 8 (£2.99), both immaculate original boxed copies from my local Oxfam.

I already had an original of Planescape, as part of a box-set with Baldur’s Gate and Fallout 2, but it’s in storage in London and I wasn’t able to get it running on Windows 7 last I tried. Anyway, got it working this time. Wizardry 8 was easier to get up and running, although I had to download a no-CD crack, as the game simply wouldn’t recognise the CD in the drive. Both are a wee bit flaky and occasionally crash, but they work.

Wizardry 8, incidentally, starts magnificently. The lengthy opening section in the Monastery is about as good as computer games get. It can drag a bit once you’re out in the open and have to fight pretty much continuously, but the combat is fantastic and even though I’ve put a lot of hours in, I get the impression I’m a long, long way from completing it.

43. wiper says:

Steam:
    Tales of Monkey Island Complete

GoG:
    Syberia

Xbox Live Arcade:
    Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game
    Limbo
    Mass Effect DLC (Overlord and that Liara one)

44. Simurr says:

Minecraft, Civ V and DogFighter (whoo steam sales!)

45. Alaric says:

I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum on a Steam sale. Then I also bought Dog-fighter on another Steam sale because you guys told me to. But there is a problem with it. It kinda sucks.

46. mipiro says:

Black Ops preorder – €40 (incl. shipping)
    Pretty nice deal right?

47. bleeters says:

Just Sol Survivor during a steam sale.

Penniless student is penniless.

48. Spliter says:

Nothing.
    yeah, finances a bit low this month.
    Also saving money for the awesome pack of games coming in 2011, namely Portal 2, Deus Ex, Brink and Alice

49. Centy says:

Only PC and only from Steam which is very much the regular thing with me these days.

DogFighter, Medal of Honour (£5 more than in stores but worth the premium to have it on Steam), Men of War: Red Tide in the deal and I also bought the Ball which I haven’t really got round to playing yet but got good use out of the Killing Floor Indiana Jones. Oh yeah I also bought the KF character pack and will probably buy the Civ5 DLC before the end of the weekend.

50. squareking says:

Minecraft. The rest of my gamey budget is going into a shiny new PC. I’ve decided to return to my one true love over the 360.