Well, dancing about is all very well, but the only real application we were ever going to be interested in was one involving terrain. Here’s a chap from touchscreen clevertypes Evoluce who has set up Microsoft’s
Silent Robot Eye Of Judgment Kinect thing being to be used in playing a real-time strategy, via VG247. Seems to work. In truth, though, motion control is only really going to fly with me if it can detect my slumped form in an armchair, and enable the ordering millions of tiny men to their deaths with a barely-perceptible nod. Then, and only then, will I install a sinister black camera to watch over me.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
Search for clues
News and things
Tim Schafer tells the story of Amnesia Fortnight
Inside Roblox, the game platform that's rivaling Minecraft
Browse our tags
Respond to our gibber
- quasiotter : “Games like this are way too gruesome for my taste, but I can't help but ...” on The horror! Friday the 13th plagued by server issues, gradually improving
- malkav11 : “There's a little bit of that in Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. (which ...” on What are we all playing this weekend?
- shoptroll : “Those Zeal guidelines... If only more sites were confident enough to set such a high ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Antongranis : “Absolution is actually the only game ive played in the series. I agree with your ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Marclev : “Bought it, played it for an hour (about half of which felt like cut scenes, ...” on Wot I Think: Vanquish
Why do we spend time playing games we don't like?
Looking at the data behind bad games
Wot I Think: Vanquish
Seven years too late, or just in time?
Wot We Think: CrossCells
Doing the maths
How To Get Old Skyrim Saves Working In The Skyrim Special Edition
How to fix Skyrim SE save crashes
Have You Played... Star Trek The Videogame?
The Flare Path: In Cold Waters
The 10 Best PlayStation Now Games
Coming to PC soon.
AMD's 16-core CPU and other exciting stuff
Attention: Read this before you buy a new PC!
Wot I Think: The Fidelio Incident
The Great Outdoors: The Witness
How to build an island
13 recent games that run well on terrible laptops
A wealth of splendid 2016-17 games for the lousiest of hardware
Have You Played… Hi-Octane?
The Best GTA 5 Mods
Play as a cop, add flying cars, and more
IF Only: Magnetic Scrolls In Your Browser
The Pawn: not good, but somehow fascinating
Cities Skylines: Mass Transit and the war on cars
Blimp my city
How Tool-Assisted Speedrunning Reveals The Inner-Life Of Video Games
Meet the obsessives deconstructing Mario 64
Wot I Think: Steel Division – Normandy 44
How Far Cry 5 can reclaim the open world crown