Well, dancing about is all very well, but the only real application we were ever going to be interested in was one involving terrain. Here’s a chap from touchscreen clevertypes Evoluce who has set up Microsoft’s
Silent Robot Eye Of Judgment Kinect thing being to be used in playing a real-time strategy, via VG247. Seems to work. In truth, though, motion control is only really going to fly with me if it can detect my slumped form in an armchair, and enable the ordering millions of tiny men to their deaths with a barely-perceptible nod. Then, and only then, will I install a sinister black camera to watch over me.
If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.
Search for clues
News and things
The 50 Best FPS On PC
The Worthiest Reticules Of All Time
Why I bought a Nintendo Switch
Browse our tags
Respond to our gibber
- Jokerme : “You got me this time, sir. But watch your back...” on Gabe Newell to write, direct and star in Half-Life movie
- Shinard : “I'll be playing "cleaning out my PC so hopefully I can play Hitman for more ...” on What are we all playing this weekend?
- FriendlyFire : “"I don't care, but I care enough to let you know that I don't!"” on Gabe Newell to write, direct and star in Half-Life movie
- Aetylus : “Best intro ever.” on Gabe Newell to write, direct and star in Half-Life movie
- Captain Narol : “In sealed leagues, yes you keep them. In draft leagues, I'm not sure, might depends. ...” on What are we all playing this weekend?
The 50 best strategy games on PC
What are we all playing this weekend?
How Hitman's Hokkaido level was made
Inside the clockwork machine
The 50 Best Free Games On PC
No free-to-play, just free.
Wot I Think: Survival meets adventure in Kôna
Have You Played… Rayman Legends?
IF Only: Text Adventures For People Who Hate Guessing The Verb
The best games of my lifetime, year by year
This is my life (in games)
Wot I Think: Afghanistan 11
Blood, Sweat & Laughter: The Beauty Of The Build Engine
Making Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup with 253 cooks and no head chef
One of the best roguelikes, one of the strangest dev teams
Best Crusader Kings 2 mods
Mod of Flanders
XCOM 2 Guide To Strategy, Performance, Mods & More
Everything you need to know.
Have You Played… Dream Quest?
Look past the art
Premature Evaluation: Oxygen Not Included
Best Fallout 4 Mods
For graphics, weapons, the UI and more.
Camelot Unchained and Crowfall: MMOs' best hope?
A narrower focus
Assessing frustration in Cosmic Express playtests