We Have Interesting Traits, Like ‘Club Footed’

Maybe this guy is a club-footed dwarf and therefore interesting

The above is a quote from an interview with Henrik Fåhraeus, project lead of Crusader Kings 2, and you can watch that very chat after the jump. We’ve also got the Crusader Kings 2 teaser trailer! Mm. You know, I’m not sure it’s right to call these things teaser trailers. Not when a game’s still a year away, or more. That’s not teasing, surely? I mean, you took a girl home and she teasingly went to the bathroom to slip into something more comfortable, only to escape out of the bathroom window, you wouldn’t call her a tease. Especially not if she jimmied open the same bathroom window fourteen months later and walked into the kitchen while you were making a sandwich or something.

These videos partially reiterate stuff that I said in my CK2 preview, but there’s also plenty of new stuff. Take a look.

1. Jimmeh says:

Also known as Crusader Ktngs, this madness has got to stop. Stop I say!

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

If it didn’t have a cross there, you obviously wouldn’t know the crusaders were Christian. Obviously.

• Jimmeh says:

What would happen if I went round their houses and started substituting letters at random? Hmm?

Chaos, that’s what.

2. Nameless1 says:

Thanks to your previous article, I’m now playing with this little jewel called Crusader Kings (plus the Deus Vult expansion).
    I strongly recommend the game to anyone, and do not make the mistake to consider it like another EU because it’s not.
    If anyone is interested I suggest to get it on greeenmangaming, it already comprehends the expansion and it’s patched to the last official update.

Have fun. :-)

3. sonofsanta says:

Thus speaks the bitter voice of a man scorned.

4. Pijama says:

CK with Deus Vult (once patched) was absolutely great. Take a fringe duchy such as Moscow and become the ward of the East – with everyone at West hating your guts and Constantinople giving you the look because it didn’t like competitors to lead the Orthodox faithful.

IF Victoria 2 is anything to go by, however, we will probably have to wait 18 months before CK2 gets up to speed and feel (ironically, V2 has a bit of problem on that department than it’s predecessor, although it is a superior game by many aspects)…

Then an expansion gets released and here we go again xD

5. esbates7 says:

@ Pijama. so true, so true.

deus vult is definitely worth grabbing. it’d probably be good for people to get used to the speed of CK. planning, lots of planning. maniacal laughter, cackling, and breeding super children included.

6. Chunga says:

Does this game have any Dunka-dunka in it?

7. Darko Drako says:

Deffinate purchase for me.

8. Xercies says:

Hmm am I the only one thinking this game would be great modded to the A Song of Ice and Fire universe?

• thebigJ_A says:

Yeah, but then it would require an expansion to be able to win the game, and the developer of the mod would spend all his time posting about skiing trips, then die of old age before he finished it.

Get to work, G.R.R.!!

• esbates7 says:

should check out the forums on paradox’s website. I believe someone was working on a ice & fire mod. had a map, chars, etc.

• rhizo says:

That has been done, at least I vividly remember reading an AAR about such a mod. The book series certainly has the characters for a CK mod.

• Nameless1 says:

Found it :)

link to forum.paradoxplaza.com

And here is the AAR too: link to forum.paradoxplaza.com

9. thebigJ_A says:

So many games coming out I want, but my poor old gpu is slowly dying, and poor old me is, well, poor.

I’d better start saving. I want to buy almost every single one of the games Paradox showed at their event.

10. Tetragrammaton says:

Paradox, you make me a happy gamer.

11. Navagon says:

I keep getting this muddled up with the now stupidly renamed Lionheart. It’s bad enough that Neocore had already released Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come, without this series further confusing my poor brain.

That aside, this does look good. I recently bought the Paradox Complete pack so I might not need this one for the next 13 years or so. But I’ll try and keep it in mind all the same.