The RPS Bargain Bucket: Accessible Package

Get your pocket money at the ready kids, here’s this weeks selection of cheap games to play on your magical pixel boxes. I’ve spent all morning scouring the internet for the best deals, and here’s the results of my comprehensive research. If cheap games every Saturday isn’t enough for you, then I keep SavyGamer updated throughout the week. Here’s the bargains:

Mount & Blade Complete – £13.99/€15.99/$19.99
This includes both the previously released M&B and M&B: Warband, but also the soon to be released “With Fire & Sword”. That’s less than a fiver each, and stonking good value if you ask me, although to some degree Warband makes the original obsolete (aside from those sweet, sweet mods which are not cross compatible). Jim had a natter with producer Mikail Yazbeck the other day, and there’s a tonne of other RPS coverage here. The Mount & Blade series is particularly special, I think, because it’s one of the great examples of indies beating the big studios at their own game. Thwack goes the spear. If you’re only interested in With Fire and Sword, there’s a cheaper price for it here:

15% off a £15 spend at Direct2Drive.co.uk
Apply coupon “ROYALFLUSH”.
This is a UK only offer, I think it’s a thank you for having produced the Sex Pistols. However, just because the offer is only on the UK web site doesn’t mean other people can’t use it, you just have to pick games that are available to buy in your region from the UK site. Confused? Me too, but I reckon we can muddle through. Here’s a list of some of the games that are already cheap on the UK site, made even cheaper by this coupon, and I have sorted them by region availability.
Available Worldwide:

UK, North America & Mexico only:
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines – £7.50

Most of Europe, parts of South America, parts of Asia & South Africa:
Fable 3 – £26.95

Sol Survivor – £3.99/€4.49/$4.99
Here’s Jim’s take on this Tower Defence from last year:

Sol Survivor’s neatest trick, however, is that it’s also a multiplayer tower defence game. You can play versus, with teams of up to four aside taking it in turns to deploy the “creeps” into the level and try and defeat the defenders, or you can play co-operatively through the campaign with one player building turrets and the other calling in the support. I’m not entirely convinced of the appeal of that – I’m happy with it being a single-player experience – but I’m sure there are some folks out there who will get a kick out of it.

You might want to split the also discounted 4-Pack (£2.99/€3.37/$3.75 each) with some comrades if you want to take advantage of those multiplayer modes.

JoWood Pack – £14.71/€/$24.37
JoWood filed for bankruptcy not too long ago, but that hasn’t stopped their games from being both good and old, it would seem. If you get this whole pack, you get 75% off, but everything is individually discounted by 60% too. I’ve only played Painkiller from these, and it wasn’t really my bag, although some of the weapons are brilliant. Do any of these games stand out as must haves for you? I quite enjoyed Gothic 3 for a little while, but then I had to stop playing games and do silly Uni work. I hear the second is many people’s favourite too.
Includes (and individual prices):
Painkiller [Black Edition] – £2.41/€2.70/$3.99
Panzer Elite [Special Edition] – £1.44/€1.61/$2.39
Spellforce Platinum – £2.41/€2.70/$3.99

Deal of the week
Cargo – £8.99/similar price in other currencies
Apply coupon “SURVEY2010”.
The clever clogs over at Ice Pick Lodge have done it again, according to the sage words of Mr Smith. This is wot he thought:

What’s on offer here is more of Ice-Pick’s profoundly strange and creative work, but in an accessible package that anybody should be able to see to the end. Whether you’ll have fun (or even “fun”) or not I couldn’t say for sure, but if you’re in the market for some deep strange, Cargo should certainly be able to provide.

I’m not sure if lopping a third off your game when it’s only been out for a week and a bit is the best way to encourage early adopters, but this is the Bargain Bucket, not the Maintaining MSRP Mop, so get buying I say.

Also of note:
30% off EA shooters
Arsenal of Democracy -£2.96/similar price in other currencies. Apply coupon “SURVEY2010”.
Tropico Reloaded – £2.38/€2.38/$2.38
Tropico 3 – £5.08/€5.08/$5.08

You can always rely on SavyGamer.co.uk to get you the cheapest games.

1. DSR says:

30% off EA shooters sounds silly after 50% discount during Easter.
    Got me Crysis2 for 9$ during that one.
    Anyway, long live EADM!!

2. The Army of None says:

“Maintaining MSRP Mop”

I’d just like to reiterate this phrase, so that all might recognize its brilliance.

3. SilverSilence says:

TotalBiscuit just did a WTF Is? On Cargo

link to youtu.be

• Bob Loblaw says:

So did Ryan, Jeff and Brad on Giantbomb
      link to giantbomb.com

This game is crazy.

• Tei says:

Is a good game if you like creating vehicles, and you like crazy things. Some people got a lot of bugs, but I finished the game completelly bugfree. Not all the interfaces are easy to understand, so some figuring out things is needed.

4. KauhuK says:

Got the Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword. You also get two TF2 hats when you preoder it. (fucken yeah HATS!)

5. kyynis says:

Goddamit why can’t they sell Bloodlines for reasonable price in EU also WHY WON’T YOU TAKE MY MONEY

6. Dominic White says:

Of the Jowood fire-sale stuff, I’d recommend getting Aquanox 1 & 2 (Think Descent + Freespace, underwater), Gothic 2, Painkiller & Spellforce. The rest are largely skippable.

Also, once you’ve got that lot bought, download and burn them to disc. GOG are warning people to make backups. Even if Jowood completely go under, they SHOULD be able to offer the downloads still to people who bought previously, but in one previous case (a Colin Mcrae game) they had to pull downloads entirely.

So, yeah – prepare for the worst, but expect something much less horrible.

• McDan says:

I remember spellforce, owned the original at some point and it was great. So we can buy the stuff individually then? If we can I’ll definitely get that, it’s a powerful force nostalgia. You thought I was going to say spells then… but I didn’t!

• Baka says:

I absolutely loved atmosphere, characters and story of Aquanox 2 and hold them dearly to this day.
      The voice acting (in german) was great. Shame I’m in a minority with my feelings, with JoWood being dead and all that.
      Gothic II is also an absolute favourite of mine, but its fanbase is big enough to warrant continuous production (Risen), so no big tear shed here.

• malkav11 says:

Yeah, it’s a standard GoG sale in that you can buy everything in the bundle you don’t already own through them at a big discount (75%, in this case), or buy individual titles at a smaller discount (60% in this case).

7. Love Albatross says:

Chaser is quite good fun for a bog standard shooter. Easily worth £1.44.

8. StingingVelvet says:

Gothic 2 is a must if you like open-world RPGs.

Aquanox 1 and 2 and Chaser are decent little shooters that are certainly enjoyable enough to spend $2 on in my opinion. That opinion comes only from actually paying $2 for them and playing a few hours though.

9. mod the world says:

Available worldwide except for France: Now this made me giggle, what reason could there be for such a restriction?

• CMaster says:

Best guess – they have a deal with a company who do french translations, part of which is giving said translators exclusive rights in France.

Either that or the game wears a full veil.

• d32 says:

Metric system!

• CMaster says:

@d32
      Most of the world outside the US and Canada uses the metric system. The UK and a few other places admittedly use some weird hybrid. (And I’m happiest with SI, so there you go).

• sincarne says:

Canada uses the metric system too. We are not animals!

(And Mexico is also part of North America.)

Look at me, I’m contributing!

• CMaster says:

Apologies about the canada statement – I’ve actually been there, but didn’t remember. I didn’t make any comment about Mexico – I was under the impression they also used metric, so didn’t mention. In the Geological sense, North America starts at the Guatamala/Honduras border ish. You could extend that down to Panama if you count the parts of the American mainland on the caribean plate as part of North America as well (I’ve always tended to).
      Equally of course, geologically there is no distinction between Europe and Asia – there is only Eurasia.

• sincarne says:

The Mexico thing was in response to the main article. They do use metric. But they are part of North America by most definitions. If you’re talking politically, there are a vast number of North American countries. Most people only think of the US and Canada as being North American.

I’ll grant you there’s still a strange mix of imperial units in Canada. For example, very few people talk in terms of metres. Generally distance and area are expressed in feet and square feet. Similarly, while we have things weighed in grams, you still get potatoes in pounds at the supermarket.

• sinister agent says:

I suspect the answer is “because it’s funny”.

10. iLag says:

also: some moderately interesting stuff on DotEmu: link to dotemu.com
    That Silmarils Collection is tempting (if only for nostalgia’s sake, I reckon), as are Raptor and Gobliiins. Do not bother with the IREM Arcade Classics, though, even if it sounds interesting to you. Lots of shoddy, unbalanced arcade games that will make you curse a lot and be glad you’re a pc gamer first and foremost. To clarify: the ports are okay, it’s just that the games themselves are no fun at all. Even that lone R-Type, which is actually the worst of all the R-Types out there.

• Dominic White says:

R-Type Leo is pretty naff, but there’s some gems in that lot. The Gunforce games were Metal Slug before Metal Slug existed. Good arcade shootyness, especially with a friend. And they’ve also got In The Hunt in there! I remember when Edge were recommending people shell out £OhFuckOff for the Neo Geo version of that!

Sounds like you just hate arcade games, really. And funny how you find the Silmarils collection tempting, but warn people off Irem for being unbalanced? Holy shit, have you never played a Silmarils game? They will kill you without warning on a whim ten times in a minute.

• iLag says:

Hmm, actually I like arcade games a lot. Being from a part of Europe that had no arcade culture whatsoever doesn’t help, but thank the gods for emulation. Of all the arcade games I tried (mostly Neo Geo / CPS / all those legendary shoot’em’ups that cannot be played any other way) the IREM ones were some of the worst so far. Big caveat there: I didn’t try them all, maybe 6 or 7 from the 18 games, so maybe I just picked the wrong ones.
      As for the Silmarils games – yes, there may be nostalgia involved. It’s been a long time since I played them, and I can only remember a few (mostly Metal Mutant and StarBlade, I think). I never came too far there, because yes, they are hard and unfair and I am pretty sure they haven’t aged gracefully. Still, might be interesting, if only for those who played these games in their youth.
      (Thinking about it, my Silmarils Collection might be your IREM Arcade Classics. Huh. So let’s just say if you have any kind of past connection to those games, you might like them. Or have more reason to avoid them like the plague.)
      EDIT: and you were definitely right about In The Hunt. Good Neo Geo quality there, thanks for the tip!

• Archonsod says:

Always worth remembering that the fine art of arcade design was to ensure the player had to put in a certain amount of credits in order to finish the game.

• terry says:

Except in the case of R-type, it wanted you to die.

• Dominic White says:

Actually, as of the early/mid 90s, arcade games had split in two ways. The Western side of the industry (thankfully already dying at this point) had games that could only be beaten through credit-feeding. Most Japanese games around this time, however, frowned upon this by reducing your high score to 0 if you continued.

They were designed to be tough as nails, yes, but a good player could complete them in one credit and lord over the mortals on the high-score board. SNK and Capcom were particularly good about this. You could 1cc (1 credit clear) almost all of their games without too much prior knowledge and practice.

• WarpRattler says:

Wait, are you people crazy? R-TYPE Leo is the best R-TYPE, not the worst.

R-TYPE Leo does play completely differently from the other games, yes. It isn’t a memorizer, so unlike the rest of the series, clearing it in one credit on your first go is actually feasible. It’s also a lot more fast-paced and generally more enjoyable than the other games, and definitely not “shoddy” or “unbalanced.”

And that release is the only “official” home port of R-TYPE Leo, though you can always just play it in MAME.

The real worst R-TYPE is R-TYPE Final on the PS2, and that’s mostly just due to it having horrendous slowdown. It’d be a fine game if not for that.

11. Cirdain says:

link to giantbomb.com
    TRIPPING TRIPPING TRIPping TRIpping tripping tripping tripp…….ing………

12. Stormtamer says:

Know you guys only normally do digital, but just got an email off Amazon.co.uk.
    Offer lasts until May 15th, and they have Dragon Age 2 for £12.91 and Call of Duty: Black Ops for £23.97.

link to amazon.co.uk

Does getting the box copy of Dragon Age have any disadvantages?
    I guess unless they do something like Dragon Age: Awakening, and you have to buy the box copy for that, the rest of the DLC just comes off the EA store anyway, right?

• Deano2099 says:

No disadvantages, although DA2 was £10 on Play last week so price seems to be dropping all around.

• Stormtamer says:

Ah thanks. If its only 12.99 on Play and Amazon now, if i wait afew months to see how much Steam brings it down to, i might get it for less.
      Not even played the first one, but seemed like too good a deal to miss

13. iLag says:

I’d definitely recommend Sol Survivor! While the single player is neat (maybe a bit weaker than Defense Grid), the game truly shines in multiplayer. There’s a small but stable community that is also incredibly friendly and helpful towards newcomers. Small learning curve and lots of different ways to play multiplayer, too. It feels less like a traditional tower defense game and more like some cleverly disguised RTS there. Good stuff.

• MikoSquiz says:

“A bit weaker than Defense Grid” is high praise indeed! Did they fix the lack of a fast-forward button yet? Last I heard they were still touting it as a feature.

14. Rush Ton says:

Probably worth pointing out that Mount and blade and Warband are both 80% off if you choose to buy them individually.

15. Giaddon says:

North America People: DON’T get Vampire: Bloodlines at the UK store, for it is included in an Activision 50% off sale, making it $10. Other sale notables include Singularity, Blur, the new transformers game, and the Daniel Craig Bond games.

Page here
    link to direct2drive.com

• Lewie Procter says:

You’re right that on it’s own that $10 is cheaper, but if you are buying a few things, the UK price with the 15% off coupon is cheaper.

• dr.castle says:

North American readers can use this coupon for 15% off:

F7530AEE8D991B19332624D10F9C734F

I think that’s the cheapest way to get Vampire. I’ve been waiting for a price drop :)

• mwoody says:

Woot, code worked, thanks! It looks like a single-use code, but both my brother and I managed to use it… Though perhaps it was just our ninja timing. Co-op Transformers, here we come!

16. icupnimpn2 says:

D2D has the best price I’ve seen so far for Transformers War for Cybertron @ $14.98. I used someone’s 15% off referral code and took it for a few bucks less.

17. phenom_x8 says:

I have a request to all of you RPS chap!

I want to buy discounted gothic II gold edition for $3.99 this morning! Unfortunately, my Paypal account was in trouble for some unknown reasons, I’ve contact the paypal CS, but as we’ve all know ,it’s saturday, so there wont be any response until the bussiness day (in monday).

Is there anyone kind enough to give me the copy of the game?? I’ve been dream about this game since a long time ago. Of course its not for free, I will give you the game you want (with the same price) as a gift when my problem solved!

go to this page link to gog.com if you intend to help the poor little me! I have the same user name there!

Damn, I’m totally desperate!!

• phenom_x8 says:

Well, may I give you all suggestion?? just signed up to GOG guys, they have great and very kind community! I even got two copies of gothic II as a gift because of my post above!! and I want to share one of my copy! Is there anyone here interested ?? The problem is I just dont know how to do it (do i have to send one of the gift code directly to your email or there is anothe way??)!! Tell me if you know something !!

18. Bodminzer says:

Really want to play the first Witcher before the great looking second one comes out. Amazon has it for a tenner, but has anyone seen it for even lighter?

• SilverSilence says:

Steam usually has it for 5$ during major sales.

• Lewie Procter says:

It’s going to be $5 on GOG at some point…Can’t remember when but I’ll be bucketing it when it does.

• Archonsod says:

May 5th I believe. Worth waiting for the GoG one too since they’re packing it with extras.

• Dao Jones says:

“The game will be available at a 50% discount from May 10 until May 24, and will cost only $4.99!”

link to gog.com

• Bodminzer says:

Spot on! Thanks guys.
      E; haha, comes with a free “sexy calendar”. What a wonderful world.

19. ArtyFishal says:

If you are at all interested in Cargo! get it! This is a great price, and the game is a whole lot of fun. I’ve been playing it for a week now and poured 14hrs into it and I’m not done yet. It really is great. Highly recommended!

20. Hunter says:

i love following savygamer (and i’m sure this has been asked before), but does anyone know of such a blog/feed that is meant for us americaners? sometimes the deals you brits gets aren’t compatible with my IP

• Giaddon says:

Shocked Fish is good for a quick scan of everything, especially if you hate words:

link to shockedfish.com

• Djdclarke says:

Thanks for the mention of ShockedFish! Yeah just go straight to ShockedFish and it should if all goes well just show deals that suit Americans. (Unless of course, your in England, in which obviously it will show British deals). Did try to get RPS to mention SF but alas with Lewie owning Savy I hit a brick wall.

• DrGonzo says:

Thanks for the link. Been looking for something like that for a while.

I don’t like having lewie patronise me about my choice in games. Personally I would just prefer a list, maybe with a link to a review.

• mbp says:

I find Lewie’s Savvy Gamer essential for alerting me to bargains on games that I might actually want to play. It feels like the only site that has a human being behind it rather than an automated bot.
      However I also use ddscout.com . It is very comprehensive and is excellent for comparing the price of a game across different services. You can actually search for individual games and it will tell you were to but it cheapest.

It comes in US, EU and UK flavours as well

• LostSoviet says:

Tooting my own horn again: dddeals.blogspot.com. I’m US-based, so the deals I spot and post are too – until the day there are truly No Oceans, at least.

21. phenom_x8 says:

Ah, almost forgot. I’ve been preordering The Witcher 2 through GOG with $5 discount and get a special preodered package that can be downloaded through an email link! I’m curious to know whats inside, but dont have much time to download it (its 106 MB in size). Is there anyone who have been preordered knows what inside the package??

• Delusibeta says:

Assuming it’s the same as the package that comes with all pre-orders, ten HD wallpapers in various sizes, four exclusive tracks from the OST, five slices of concept art, ten avatars and 19 pictures of CD Projekt staff members messing around.

• phenom_x8 says:

WWow, thats nice !! Except for the picture cdprojekt staff that messing around there.Its sound very disturbing for me :) thanks for the info!!

22. Jetsetlemming says:

I heard Aquanox described as “Space sim” and bought Aquanox 2 thinking of Freelancer. Unfortunately, it’s more Wing Commander. The unforgiving difficulty and no in-mission saves made me give up three or so levels in. Well, that, and the painful dialog and story so far, wherein a cast full of terrible stereotypes pirate your ship and you just roll with it and start taking orders from their extra annoying leader.

• MrBRAD! says:

After playing through Aquanox absolutely loving it, and getting right into the story, I was actually brought to tears when I played Aquanox 2. Not only is it horrid, but now I’ll never know what happens in the story in the end…

It’s like if Freespace 2 were to cut off and end after your “great victory” just as it’s found out there are plenty more of “those” where they came from. I was built up so, so, high by Aquanox, only for the sequel to stick a knife in my back, fart in my corpse’s face and *hurpadurpderp* laugh like the retard step-brother it is.

If you play through Aquanox, you have my pity as it’s a true heartbreaker that it has no real sequel and never will have one.
      If you’ll excuse me, I’ll go have a cry and a lie down now :(

23. MadMatty says:

Completed Cargo last night and its absolutely smashing- quite forgiving game in many ways, and all the worst bugs are sorted.
    I´f only theyd made it longer!

24. Turbo says:

I’ve been thinking about getting a Gothic game lately, but I haven’t been able to find a good opinion on Google on which to get, other than “Gothic 4 sucks.” It seems to be tied up between 2 and 3. Any recommendations, RPS?

• abhishek says:

I would recommend Risen. It’s a relatively newer game and it has been called the spiritual successor to Gothic 2. Standalone story and a fabulous game right up to the end.

• malkav11 says:

Get Gothic II. It’s arguably the best game in the series and it can be had dirt cheap from GoG this weekend.

• the.celt says:

I’m eating up Gothic 3 at the moment. Patched up it’s amazing. Great looking and I love the often-criticized combat. I’d guess I’m about midway through, and it’d have to fall very far in the endgame to be anything other than a *classic*.

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

@the.celt

You love the patched combat. Important difference.

• Wulf says:

RE: Gothic III

In all fairness, the version on Steam is the patched version.

And III was by far the best in regards to an interesting world, and one with its own ecology to boot! This is something I still can’t get over and stress the importance of enough.

Oblivion: You see a wolf. It is a lone wolf. You are in plate armour. It charges you suicidally. (Skyrim seems to suffer with this, too, sad as that is.)
      Gothic III: You see a wolf. It is in a pack. They are ignoring you as you haven’t got close enough to threaten them sufficiently, they are chasing down some deer.

I don’t get why people can call anything a believable world if it doesn’t at least make an attempt at a believable ecology, which not even Risen has (Risen’s is piss poor if I’m being honest, in that it’s non-existent, and it’s just mobs that charge at you with different models and skins). This is another reason for me to love Guild Wars 2 – because they’ve promised a proper ecology. One example they gave with GW2 is that if you hunt all the prey animals that a predator is relying on to survive, it might have to turn to other prey out of desperation.

Not only that, but Gothic III has a number of interesting locations, ye olde medievale lande of yore is one of them, but that’s opposed to Gothic I and Gothic II where it’s the only one. Risen subverts this mildly by having some mediterranean architecture, but the culture and all the people are clearly just Brits, so it’s just a reskinned medievale lande of yore. Gothic III made a much stronger effort with its other locales than Risen did with its entire theme.

A lot of people it seems have found Gothic III a worthwhile runaround when it’s patched, and the only real negative opinions I’ve heard of it which have any basis vis-a-vis the game are from an unpatched perspective. But it’s like Vampire: Bloodlines. It’s going to suck if you don’t have it patched.

• Turbo says:

Gothic 3 and Risen it is. There goes my tax refund!

• malkav11 says:

The version on Steam is not the patched version, because the patches are not official, they are a community mod.

25. vatara says:

Gamestop has Portal 2 for ~$30…but only if you get it delivered. If you want to the download or want to pick it up at a store, the price magically goes up. Don’t ask me…

link to gamestop.com

26. Deano2099 says:

Anyone want to split a Sol Survivor 4 pack?

27. Corrupt_Tiki says:

The EA store redirects me to the Australian store, which wants 80$ for Crysis 2, well excuse me, but no sale! >.< This pricing is ridiculous.

• Boult Upright says:

Yep – never any sales at the EA Australian store. Disappointing.

• A-Scale says:

You must leave your prison island to exist as a free man (who can buy games cheaply).

• Muzman says:

I’m all for tipping a whole lot of EA games into the harbour (that or waiting for a Steam sale)

28. Boult Upright says:

I’ll put in a good word for the Sigma Net crew. Their games (both the Alien and Zombie brands) are old school happiness. I actually didn’t own Conscription, and for $2 I can say it’s more of the same.

Nice stuff.

29. A-Scale says:

Still really sad I can’t buy M&B without breaching my police of not buying Turkish products.

30. Xocrates says:

What are the opinions on the Transformers game? I’m tempted by the 9.98£ price on D2D

On a related note, what are the opinions on singularity? I’m tempted to toss it in together with transformers so I can take advantage of the discount coupon.

If any/both those games are shit, what else would if recommend this week (if anything)?

• Lewie Procter says:

Singularity is fun enough, but not really anything special. No idea on Transformers.

• Chris D says:

Fun enough but not really anything special is a pretty good description of Transformers as well.

• Xocrates says:

Hmm… I see.

Well, I guess I’m going to combine this (and other) info with the realization that I already spent more money than I should on games this month and wait for a better deal on either of those games.

Thanks anyway.

31. Moonracer says:

Blur is a surprisingly good game that I feel didn’t get the love it deserved. I’m not a big racing game person but I’ve enjoyed it a lot. I guess it is more like mario cart than a sim.

Can anyone tell me if the servers are populated for the PC version? I got a cheap copy for the PS3 and the servers are generally quiet (before the PSN went down, hehe)

• Maktaka says:

When I was playing this game from a tragically ended company a few months ago, there were almost always people playing, but only in a single gametype, and never more than a dozen or so at one time. Still an excellent game worth buying if you haven’t played it. All of the fun of a combat racing game coupled with satisfying car physics (although by no means simulation level) without the rubberbanding powerup BS of Mario Cart.

32. dezc2000 says:

Is this the cheapest way (currently) to get Gothic 3 then?
    link to amazon.co.uk

£4.45 from amazon as part of an “RPG Pack”

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

No, that can’t be the cheapest. I wouldn’t want Dungeon Lords in my house even if I got paid for it.

33. Gabe McGrath says:

Sorry Dom, but ‘In the Hunt’ was -not- a Neo Geo game.
    Not sure what you’re thinking of, but it was not on that system.

(Doh, supposed to be a reply to earlier on…)

• Lewie Procter says:

I think I played it on the Sega Saturn.

• Dominic White says:

Ah, yes, you’re right – it’s not a Neo Geo game.. but it IS by the team that left Irem to become the SNK crew that made Metal Slug and a bunch of other Neo Geo hits. The art style and general gameplay feel totally like a Neo Geo game, even if the arcade hardware isn’t the same.

But yeah, it’s not Neo Geo, it’s closely related to it though.

Maltose says:

Sims Medieval (download version) is 50% off at the EA Store.

35. hocevar says:

There’s also a sale for BRINK + Fallout NV on D2D

36. Hydrogene says:

I bought Mount and Blade Warband, and have been playing until 4AM last night. This game is amazing !
    Open world, freedom and good fightnig mechanics, it’s all I love.

Get it, it’s cheap!

37. Megadyptes says:

In the links for the ‘sweet sweet’ mods that are not compatible with Warband the second ‘Sweet’ actually links to the released mods for Warband, which er, are in fact compatible with Warband!

The first game is entirely pointless to own these days, there’s only a couple of mods worth bothering with on the old game, the newer version improves on everything and has multiplayer, there pretty much is no point at all in getting the original game these days.

• Lewie Procter says:

I wasn’t saying mods don’t work on Warband, I was saying mods for the first aren’t compatible with the Warband, and visa versa.

I’ve not yet played Warband. I suppose I shall just jump straight to the new one next time I get an urge to Mount and/or Blade.

38. adonf says:

What’s the addy for the Maintening MSRP Mop web site ?