The RPS Bargain Bucket: Super Meat Buy

I’m a bit weary this week, I’ve had several heavy late night, uh, networking sessions one after the other as part of Develop conf in Brighton. Luckily, my ever reliable SavyGamer contributors Tony and Will have been keeping an excellent watch over the cheap games in my absence, so when it came time to compile the bargain bucket, they’d already found loads of good deals for me. Everyone say thanks to them please. Here’s this week’s selection.

Frozen Synapse x2 – £9.49/€11.24/$12.47
That’s two copies of Frozen Synapse there, so if you choose to split it two ways you’ll be paying £4.75/€5.62/$6.24 each. Bit of a megabargain there. Alec Euroviewed this back at release, ending with this snappy gambit:
“Frozen Synapse takes the old, the stuffy and the traditionally glacial and it makes it brand new, instant and brutal. It’s such an achievement.”

Eufloria – £2.99/$4.99/€4.99
Jim was quite keen on this abstract, pretty, RTS:
“There’s a certain small crowd of gamers I know that will love it unreservedly. The game is as stylish and as soothing as a this kind of game has ever been, and it has a distinctly clean, modern charm, like an Ikea of space strategy. But like the furniture, it’s not going to appeal to everyone. The peculiar pacing will frustrate some, while the abstract presentation will deflect others – it doesn’t always even distinguish well between you and an enemy, giving you similar colours – an added frustration.. I can see why all these things would be problems – hence mentioning them – but my tastes do warm to this odd kind of strategic puzzle-solving. It almost feels healthy, like it’s a good meal of a game, rather than simply another sugary treat.”
More thoughts here, or go and grab the demo.

Cogs – £2.75/$3.75
Cogs – £3.49/$4.99/€4.49
I’ve listed both here because I’m not sure when this offer ends at either outlet, so if the cheaper one runs out, you can jump on the next best offer. This is a stunningly lovely square-sliding puzzler, where everything clicks and whirs mechanically. John’s thoughts are here, and if you’re at all interested you should definitely try the demo.

Batman: Arkham Asylum – £3.74/€7.49/$7.49
Quite probably the best Batman game to date, here’s Alec on why this is amongst the caped crusaders finest hours:

Arkham’s greatest feat is establishing exactly what makes Batman Batman, distilling them down into a few core features, then presenting them with oodles of flair. He’s not a jack-of-all-trades hero, his Batrope isn’t magically able to attach to anything, he isn’t invincible, and he can’t duff up 38 guys a minute. He just does a few things very, very well, and these few things are presented excitingly enough to rarely become boring.

I’ll be first in line for Arkham City methinks.

Deal of the week
Super Meat Boy – £4.98/€6.99/$7.49
This was my game of 2010, I’ve spent more than 100 hours on it since release, and have only got very very close to 100% completion (I will finish those last two Cotton Alley dark world levels). It’s bursting with creativity, never shies away from pushing you to get better at the game, and has a deep respect for its players in every fibre of it’s design. After VVVVVV & Limbo, SMB cemented 2010 as one of the best years for 2D platformers so far. Say it with me: SU-PER MEAT BOY!

Also of note:
The Tiny Bang Story – £2.75/€3.12/$4.48
Amnesia: The Dark Descent – £5.15/€5.54/$7.95
The Whispered World – £3.74/similar prices in other currencies
Altitude – £3.49/€4.49/$4.99 (free weekend too).

To keep you finger on the pulse of what is cheap in gaming at all times, keep a close watch on SavyGamer.co.uk.

1. The JG Man says:

Super Meat Boy for a fiver is an absolute bloody steal. Such a fantastic game in every way. My GOTY too! I recommend everyone should get it, but if you’re not part of everyone and need some convincing, there’s the Quick Look and TotalBiscuit vid. Watch, enjoy, then accept you have no reason to not get it.

Lewie, on the penultimate level, are you stuck at the end with the saw gauntlet? Try not using the run button, as normal speed has enough movement to get past the jumps and to Bandage Girl before the blocks stop you.

• Lewie Procter says:

Aye, I know how to do it, I’ve just not been able to do so. Even with that technique it’s still bloody difficult.

• The JG Man says:

That sucks; I wish you luck on your quest for Golden God. Know though that if you can get that far in Dark World Cotten Alley, you CAN do those levels. As long as it takes. And as much swearing as it takes.

• Yosharian says:

Am I the only one who finds SMB supremely frustrating and not really compulsive at all? Oh well.

• DarkFenix says:

Not at all, as soon as it started getting difficult I started finding it infuriating rather than fun. It’s just that kind of game, a very traditional platformer. Some enjoy the challenge, some see it as a frustrating effort in futility.

• tanith says:

I just find the idea of meat jumping around and bleeding very disgusting.
      Not a game for me. :/

• BooleanBob says:

Indeed?

• Gonefornow says:

If you are on the fence about SMB try Jumper 3, it’s rather similar.
      link to mattmakesgames.com
      (Scroll down it’s there, between other good games though)

• skinlo says:

Not my type of game at all, games like that will just irritate and cause me to rage, and never be played again.

• Yosharian says:

I completed N back when it first came out, so it’s not like I don’t enjoy a challenge when it comes to platformers. SMB just feels like its got a crappy control system on purpose to increase the challenge. With N I was just completely addicted a la ‘one more try godammit’, whereas with SMB I just felt like ‘meh, wanna play something else now’.

• Dominic White says:

Anyone who complains about ‘floaty controls’ in Super Meat Boy is talking rubbish and blaming the game for their own failings.

As for ‘playing a level for hours’? I think the most I ever took was about 10-15 minutes. Maybe 20 on the final level, but usually I got it down within 3-4 tries. It sounds like you guys have built up this image of the game in your minds and are so afraid of it that you’re coming up with excuses why you couldn’t possibly enjoy it.

• TillEulenspiegel says:

The controls do go to crap if you’re running on a netbook or similar low-powered CPU.

It probably took me a good few hours to complete Four Letter Word – I got to the last bit many, many times before getting the timing of those little jumps right. Other levels I’m quite sure I’ll never complete.

I would absolutely love SMB if there were more stuff on par with the levels in “The End”. Quite challenging, but there’s no crap being shot at you, no urgent pressure, no nigh-impossible jumps. Just exploring until you find the ideal path. It’s perfect design, but there’s so little of it.

• johnpeat says:

I admire what Team Meat did with SMB but I’m in NO doubt as to what the end result is.

They took the platform game and stripped it of everything EXCEPT the need to time movement/jumps to perfection. This meant stripping out the fun (for me at least) at the same time (dying repeatedly is not my idea of fun y’see).

The end result is really more of a joypad testing simulation than a game and as such, I can live without it – thanks…

It’s a useful illustration of what happens when you polish something so hard you remove the good bits as well as a the bad tho – to each their own.

• Wulf says:

@Yosharian

The ‘humour’ put me off within minutes of trying it (I got it via the Potato Sack). I persisted a little but the frustration was the last nail in what seemed to me to be not the best designed coffin. And I’m the sort of person who found Veni, Vidi, Vici easy. VVVVVV, Knytt Stories, Frogatto, and the like are still my favourite indie platformers. (Monster Tale on the DS is really nice, too.)

• Jason Moyer says:

As much as I’ve enjoyed my (short) time with SMB, there’s something about VVVVVV and bit.trip.runner that I find far more compelling.

• Mo says:

I loved SMB, but those damn boss levels basically broke the game for me. I don’t understand the logic behind designing the entire game around short, quick-to-restart (and skippable) levels, where you get breathing time between the super-precise set-pieces, only to throw *ALL* of that out the window for the boss levels.

I enjoyed getting through the first two worlds, but could not bring myself to finish world two’s boss level. :(

• Yosharian says:

Oh I liked the humour, though. It’s the ‘floaty’ (as Dom said, thanks for that helpful term mate!) controls that annoy me.

2. Bilbo says:

SMB: Meh. Yeah, it’s a well-made platformer. Not about to set the world on fire, though.

• BigJonno says:

I’ve got to agree with you. I do love SMB, it’s a great game, but I have a pet peeve about people making unconditional recommendations of games that are only going to appeal to people who like a particular genre. If you don’t like hard-but-fair 2D platformers, you’re not going to like SMB, end of.

• Clockwork Peanut says:

That said, I didn’t realise my love for platformers until I played Super Meat Boy; it’s certainly the best of the bunch and as such, if something is going to turn you into a platform gamer it’s SMB.

• Wunce says:

@Clockwork: This was the first tough platformer I’ve seriously played and I was impressed. Much like you, if it wasn’t for this game I wouldn’t be interested in the genre at all.

Although I am absolutely shit at the game, I possess the unique skill of perseverance. I managed to get to the very, VERY last stage in the dark worlds (escaping the facility with Bandage Girl on your back) before I rage quit for good.

• Koozer says:

I don’t really understand the love for SMB either. I grew up on Mario, and love VVVVVVV, but SMB looks like a flash game, including obligatory claret, has floaty controls, and is just downright irritating with not much incentive for me to beat.

• Alegis says:

Agreed. Rather niche too.

Fancy playing a level hours on and end to get the perfect timing off? Stuff is for you. Else, be warned.

Much more of a fan of VVVVVV with some interesting jump sequences where you had checkpoints every few seconds.

• Wulf says:

I agree. Super Meat Boy did feel like a flash game. It was crass and tacky, I didn’t take to it at all, and overall it just felt that it lacked… charm, verve, and the sort of thing that pulls me into a platformer. That I have a mild pacifistic streak also didn’t play well with it. I preferred VVVVVV’s gentle exploring coupled with the odd hard puzzle/reflexes bit and good use of restore points, I also preferred Knytt Stories for doing almost exactly the same thing.

That’s what I want from my platformers, I suppose: Charm, and the sense of a large world, exploration, and actually doing something that matters. A sense of purpose overarching it all helps, too. And just being a part of a world that’s bigger than the character. In SMB, I am a crass creature in a room, and I bleed a lot. That’s that. It’s just too oversimplified for me. It’s surgically removed all the parts that I love about a platformer. Seiklus, Frogatto, Within a Deep Forest, Knytt Stories, VVVVVV, and even Cave Story do a good job of providing what I like. But SMB… just didn’t click with me.

At the end of the day though, I don’t think it’s SMB so much as it’s me. I think SMB and I are simply incompatible. The crass humour will appeal to people who aren’t me. The one room shenanigans and skill tests of doing things that simply don’t matter will appeal to them. But not me. It’s just not what I want.

• BooleanBob says:

Nobody else going to point out the irony of VVVVVV being a flash game, then?

• Bilbo says:

So we all think the SMB love is a bit overzealous. Glad it’s not just me, then.

• edgeblend says:

Just beause you don’t ‘get’ SMB doesnt mean its overrated. I just wrote/deleted a long and involved response explaining about intrinsic and extrinsic motivators and about how this game is a monolith to the concept of ‘leveling up the player’. But frankly it would have been like trying to describe how clever Dostoevsky is to a Transformers fan.
      PATRONISING HOOOOO!!!!

• Vandelay says:

@ Wulf: I do get what you mean, but I don’t think being crass and charming are mutually exclusive. I personally found a lot of charm in SMB.

An exceptionally awesome game. With the amount of content you get, this price is a bargain.

• Bilbo says:

@edgeblend
      Hiding behind “you obviously don’t get it” when it’s obvious we do and then calling us all uncultured into the bargain?

You’re right, that’s entirely patronising. Why not play hide-and-go fuck yourself.

• edgeblend says:

@ Bilbo. Whoa… Harsh words. I think you missed the jokingly exaggerated tone of my comment.
      I would explain it to you in further detail but you probably don’t have the capacity to understand.

BOOM! Joke, see i did it again.

• Malibu Stacey says:

but SMB looks like a flash game

Nobody else going to point out the irony of VVVVVV being a flash game, then?

Meat Boy was originally a flash game on Newgrounds.

Irony++

• Bilbo says:

Yup, I see it. I just don’t immediately associate “being a dick” with “funny”

3. Hooi says:

I’m sorely tempted by 66% off Civ V.. and I was wondering why it didn’t turn up here. Some region specific nonsense?

Also, could anyone give me a general rundown of how getgamesgo works? Is there a client, any offline mode, etc. Their FAQ isn’t particularly specific. I’m trying to step out of Steam but I’m failing at finding a decent review/guide of the various digital distribution services.

• ComradePenguin says:

It was cheaper at GamersGate last week so Civ V now seems less of a deal at £10ish though it’s hardly expensive for the amount of game you’re getting.

I’ve bought one game off getgamesgo and as I recall you just download a specific downloader for the game and it downloads the install file. No client or extra DRM over what the game would otherwise come with but not extra functionality either.

• abhishek says:

The same could be said for Super Meat Boy. Putting the merits of the game aside, it has actually been significantly cheaper than 7.5$ in the past, and while it might be worth it’s current asking price, it’s not really a spectacular ‘deal’ as far deals go these days.

4. Theoban says:

I adore Super Meat Boy, it made me buy an X-Box controller just to enjoy it more.

HOWEVER

Man I’m terrible at it. But that final glow of winning, serenaded by the thousand deaths of your previous meats is just an utter joy

• RogB says:

perhaps that your problem right there. The xbox controller has a notoriously rubbish D-pad. Unless you are playing it with an analogue stick….? (shudder)

5. Eightyseven says:

can you active SMB on steam?

6. JohnS says:

I can strongly recomend Cogs if you like varied puzzlers. It’s really well polished.

• Wulf says:

I second this. Cogs is lovely. I got it as part of the Potato Sack and it was an unexpected delight. It was so polished and so charming, and it just exuded the love its developer had poured into it. Cogs was sort of the thing where you could see someone really cared about what they were making.

Make no mistakes though, if you’re not a fan of puzzle games then this one will not win you over, nor should I expect it to. But if you happen to like puzzle games of any sort, then I’d recommend this one to you.

7. BigJonno says:

Awesome, cheap Arkham Asylum is exactly what I wanted. I’ve had the itch to play the game again, but I originally bought it for a console toy that I no longer own.

8. Crow says:

Also Gray Matter is cheap this weekend on Impulse: link to impulsedriven.com

• Kaira- says:

Neat, thanks for the tip. Been looking for this one. I have no experience on Impulse, though, does it require client?

• johnpeat says:

Impulse certainly used to need a client – not used it since it’s takeover but I doubt that’s changed…

• I_have_no_nose_but_I_must_sneeze says:

I wonder why there’s never been an RPS Wot I Think on Gray Matter. It’s Jane Jensen after all. I haven’t played it yet, but I absolutely loved the Gabriel Knight series, especially the first two games.

9. 8-bit says:

I cant say I cared for the whispered world, the music and art were all amazingly well done, but the game itself was an ordeal to play through.

altitude free weekend is a bit cheeky since it already has a (limited content) demo, and they have just removed the time limit on that so its basically free to play forever now I guess. for anyone who is on the fence the game usually had at least 70-100 people playing at any time before the free weekend, so it wont be as busy but its not going to go dead as soon as monday comes around.

the game is mostly centered around the football mode nowadays, but you can always find a couple of full team base destruction servers and sometimes a free for all (deathmatch) server. It has a lot of maps to play and just got updated with easier ones for new players, you can also make your own if you want. it has a pro league and ladder which people might want to look into on the official forums, don’t bother with steam forums. the EU servers are full of polite, helpful and usually quiet people, and with no voice chat its unlikely you will be exposed to any abusive content, I cant say the same from my experience on US servers.

• GoJays2025 says:

The Whispered World had a certain charm to it that’s for sure. The beautiful artwork is the first thing you’ll notice about the game, but the story, musical score, and atmosphere are all very well done as well. As for the voice-acting, well I’d say it’s generally good, but with a few rough spots here and there. I know a lot of people will dislike the player character for his voice. It’s pretty unconventional alright, but you’ll get used to it after a while. Personally I thought it wasn’t terrible, and even liked it a little for its uniqueness.

As for the gameplay… well it plays very much like the golden age adventure games such as Monkey Island and Broken Sword, but the difficulty is pretty inconsistent. Some parts of the game are really quite easy and can be solved in minutes, but then there are some others that seem to be a little too outside-the-box thus making it unlikely for most people to get without some luck. There was even one that didn’t really make sense after having consulted a walkthrough. Unfortunately since adventure games tend to rely on puzzles this kind of thing can be a little frustrating.

TWW is a pretty flawed game, but I think it’s worth the $5 because there are bright spots to the game, and you’ll be lending your support to a pretty awesome genre.

10. Njordsk says:

Batman: Arkham Asylum – £3.74/€7.4

And here we get fucked again. Almost double price yay. I was willing to re-pay it for 4-5€, not 7.5

• Diziet Sma says:

Ah if only the £ was trading against the € at that price like it was a good few years back.

• Rinox says:

I saw the £ price and went “I’ll totally buy it now”. Then I saw the € price and laughed. And cried.

• Lewie Procter says:

Pretty shitty right?

I intertally sighed when I saw the Euro price.

• mod the world says:

You could buy from the UK Gamersgate site as European too. Did they change that?

11. Xercies says:

Anyone have an opinion on Civ V? I am a bit tempted by that price but I heard the AI was a little rubbish. As a note I have got Civ 4 and i don’t like it that much, my favourite Civ is Civ 2.

• Avish says:

I found it fun and addictive for a couple of weeks, but tediously boring after that.

After a while it has nothing new or surprising to offer and the differences between nationalities is very very small…
      Tech tree is also rather disappointing.

I wouldn’t pay more than 10$ for this game.

• Heliocentric says:

The best civ is alpha centuri*, its on GOG for not much, sadly that lacks the quite good expansions.

*ref: empirical fact

• Temple says:

No love for Civ 4 with any of the fantasy mods? Fall from Heaven 2, Wild Mana, Orbis etc.
      Changes the AI a .. bit. If that was your problem then probably not solved.
      That is all I really want from my new Civs, better AI.

• UncleLou says:

AI has been improved massively with the last few patches.

Personally, I love Civ V to bits. As much as I adored Civ IV, I can’t go back to the tedious unit-stacking now. I have absolutely no idea why Civ V seems to have a bad reputation, though I do suspect it’s because it’s a bit … different.

It’s gorgeous, it’s extremely playable, I can’t recommend it enough.

• Xercies says:

Yep the Unit stacking is what made me get a bit turned off the game, that is probably the main reason I really am looking at Civ V with some real interest.

• Zenicetus says:

I have mixed feelings about Civ 5, but would still recommend it at that price. For me, the best thing about it is the random map generation feature, which means every game is a little different in the early and middle stages, compared to something like the Total War series where you know what strategies you’ll need based on starting province. I really like the early exploratory phases in Civ, especially on continent and archipelago maps. That feeling, especially with random factions, of not knowing what’s out there.

The new hex system and restricting one unit per tile is a major improvement over previous versions (although not everyone likes it). The AI had major problems dealing with it at first, but it’s improved in recent patches.

What I don’t like about Civ 5, and it keeps me from playing it more than I do, is the blandness of the factions and tech tree design. There are small differences between factions, but you’re basically just up against clones of your own empire. The tech tree is essentially the same for all factions, and the progression is very linear, instead of offering mutually exclusive branches where you have to make hard choices. I miss the faction variety and tech tree variety of games like GalCiv, 2, or the Total War series prior to Shogun 2 (which has other things going for it). Still, the random map generation draws me back every once in a while, for a short game.

12. DSDan says:

I bought Tiny Bang Story during the Steam sale and really enjoyed it. Can you all recommend games that are similar in style?

• amandachen says:

Drawn: The Painted Tower and Drawn: Dark Flight are both very good.

And look here link to jayisgames.com

• johnpeat says:

The Drawn games are amazing – WAY WAY better than Tiny Bang Story in-fact.

They’re available over here with a ‘first time’ discount which makes em cheap too!!

link to bigfishgames.com

• Wulf says:

I agree with amandachen. Both the Drawn games are entirely enjoyable. The art is pleasing to my eyes, and the mechanics are a delight, they’re a step above every other hidden object style game out there. It’s sort of akin to a point and click adventure, but with some of the best art you’ll ever see. Exploring in any of the Drawn games is a joy if you like that sort of thing. Which I do! I’m surprised John hasn’t gone gaga over the Drawn games, to be honest, or did I miss that?

But yeah, the Drawn games will fill you with glee if you even slightly like casual games.

• Deano2099 says:

Yeah you missed it: link to rockpapershotgun.com

• amandachen says:

Ceiling cat is watching you play casual games.

• Vesperan says:

Ceiling cat is watching me watch my girlfriend play casual games..
      I will suggest the Drawn games to her – thanks.

That said, we (she!) have already spent enough at BigFishGames that we should be the owners by now..

13. RLacey says:

Not an absolute bargain, I know, but I’m mulling over Dungeon Siege III over at Gameplay for £10.98. Which seems like quite a price drop for a game that’s only been out a few weeks…

• Kid_A says:

I’ve been quite enjoying it on my console-toy of choice, don’t know how well the PC version stands up though. Quite a fun action RPG, and save points (eugh, I know) are dotted about liberally enough that you can dip in for 15 minutes or a couple of hours.

14. surreal_pistachio says:

100 hours in Super Meat Boy and you didn’t complete it at 100% ? Steam says I played 29 hours and I have completed the game at 100% But it was definitely the hardest game I have played and to complete all the achievements seems impossible…

• johnpeat says:

Steam’s “time played” is complete and total nonsense – it may as well be a random number!!

The whole “played time” and “recently played” thing on Steam is totally and utterly knackered and has been pretty-much forever…

• Lewie Procter says:

How many levels are you in the top few hundred in the leaderboards? Because for me the answer is “most”

• Jamison Dance says:

My meat is faster than your meat.

• arghstupid says:

it takes more drugs then a touring funk band. sing it.

• wengart says:

When I’m at Uni (1meg connection) the Steam timer has been pretty reliable. When I’m at my home (100kbps on satellite) it’s all over the place.

15. Alegis says:

Altitude is great fun, you should definitely give it a go.

• OctaneHugo says:

Definitely agreed, for $5 it’s a steal. Lots of fun, just needs a larger playerbase.

16. Gonefornow says:

I played Eufloria back when it was still Dyson and free.
    Good game then, awsome now, I hope.

• DK says:

Except for the whole “we won’t let you play it in english even though your steam is set to english and every other game let’s you play in english” deal. If I wanted to play Eufloria in german I would have set my Steam to german.

• TillEulenspiegel says:

You may have to change your OS language. I had the same problem when trying to play Patrizier IV in German.

• Gonefornow says:

Well that sounds unfortunate, haven’t have time to test it myself yet.
      We’ll see.

It seems they have patched that.
      There is a language option in the settings.

• Sassenach says:

The criticisms of the slow pacing of Eufloria in the piece, incidentally, may be rather out of date depending on when the comment was written. There was a patch in which it was all considerably accelerated, but not excessively so. I enjoyed it, more so after it was sped up a bit.

17. MonkeesLover1963 says:

Strange comment on SMB’s twitter about GetGamesGo.

“we dont sell off that site and dont even know what that is.. you can only get it on steam or D2D, you can get it retail also”

then

“oh i guess it could be a portal our UK publisher put us into?”

link to twitter.com

I wonder if that means their retail publisher started selling retail keys to DD sites directly. How does that work?

18. malkav11 says:

Just to be clear, Cogs is one of those sliding tile puzzles repeated many times over with presumably some sort of novel twist, yes? Because sliding tile puzzles can and should go die, horribly, in a giant fire.

• Vinraith says:

It is. It uses them to clever effect in a number of cases, but if you hate sliding tile puzzles (and who could blame you?) then you should definitely avoid it.

19. johnpeat says:

Lewie is really just using this thread to wave his Meat around – which is kinda sordid really, I think we’ll move along…

• amandachen says:

Not sordid, just sore.

• kyynis says:

Just plain http://www.greenmangaming.com. Though I just tried it through free online proxy and it works fine. I don’t even… does my ISP have something against secondhand games? Anyone else had similar issues?

EDIT: Reply fail, this should be one post down

• johnpeat says:

I’ll reply to the reply fail.

Using Chrome, hit “Control+Shift+I” (that’s I as in me not 1 as in uno) and you’ll open the developer tools.

Choose the network tab and then enter the URL and see what happens. You should see the site load/images loading etc – or an error message if anything seems awry…

• kyynis says:

There is… nothing. As Arkham Horror puts it, nothing happens. No error messages, no data transferred. Huh.

20. Chucrute says:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 32% off on Green Man Gaming, with this voucher “FACEB-JULY3-20PEC”. Activates on Steam.

BTW, i just ordered. You get the keys to activate on the release date, not right away.

• Colonel J says:

Good deal that, I’m tempted to pre-order. £19 with a 90p trade-in of Imperium Romanum that I got for free.

• One Pigeon says:

You sir are a hero. Good spot

• kyynis says:

I don’t know if I’m the only person in the world with this problem, but GMG site won’t open on my machine. Tried several different browsers, it doesn’t give 404 or anything, just sits there loading blank page forever.

• amandachen says:

Your machine? Sounds like you’re talking about a fax machine.

• kyynis says:

It’s actually a toaster with an ethernet port but issue remains.

• amandachen says:

Well, I’ve no idea which URL you’re trying. Is it working through a proxy site? Good luck with it.

• johnpeat says:

Further to my reply to your wrong reply, it seems GmG use a CDN for a lot of their content and it’s likely that which is the issue.

CDNs are Content Delivery Networks – a form of could/distributed storage to reduce ISP traffic – and it could be that their have an out-of-sync/wrongly configured one which you’re trying to read.

Check the output from the Chrome tools (see above) and it may give some clues.

21. kyrieee says:

7-19X is a b!tch
    You need to let go of run for the top section

22. Skusey says:

Aw, Eufloria has gone back up quickly. Been meaning to get it for ages, but never really committed. I’m sure it’ll come down in price again some day, but I’m just not confident enough I’ll like it to spend a tenner on it.

23. Muzman says:

Oh fine, I’ll finally get Eufloria after playing Dyson to death for ages.
    Now with that and Flotilla my milquetoast strategy collection is complete(ly able to ruin all productive time)

• InternetBatman says:

Honestly I would keep on playing Dyson unless you want to support the developer. I have both and they made Eufloria too easy.