Imaginary Friend: 8-Bit Night

Like a normal night, only pixeler.
Pixelprospector points the way to where Retro Souls have released a demo (bottom of the page) of their moderately cute conceptual platformer, 8-Bit Night. The concept is pretty simple: the 2D level can be flipped around to be played by your “mirror” character. This character moves in a mirror image of your own movements, allowing for some impossible access to bits of the map and a way of creating/sidestepping ingenious puzzles. But which one is the “real” character!? It’s all so confusing. There’s a video of the game below for those who have no inclination to play the thing.

1. zeroskill says:

Looks a little bit like Fez, which makes me happy, because as you know we are not getting Fez because Polytron thinks they are better off being a XBOX live arcade exclusive. Why? I dont know!

• tirosu says:

I too would very much like to see Fez on PC. Many previously exclusive XBLA games have made the jump to PC, so there is a little hope.

If Polytron sees a demand for it, I’d think a port would be much more likely.

2. NathaI3 says:

Is the axis of revolution set by the level or does it change depending on where your mirror character is?

tyrsius says:

The Axis of Revolution sounds like the conspiracy that will overthrow western civilization. Which means its probably set by the player.

• PleasingFungus says:

From the video, it seems to always be the center of the level, and determines where your mirror character appears. If I understand you correctly.

3. valentingalea says:

Getting a Loderunner vibe off it – which can only mean good :)

4. PleasingFungus says:

Ooo, it’s looking much more playable than the last time I saw it. Fairly pretty, too.