Skyrim has now patched on PC, after the 360 and PS3 saw their version of 1.2 appear earlier in the week. But is it good news? 1.1 managed to break lots of the patches modders had created to fix so many of the tiresome issues Bethesda had left in the epic game, which didn’t win favour. And then today the news broke that the console patch had had some rather unfortunate side effects. Like all defensive buffs no longer working, and the dragons flying backward. No, really. So below you can see what’s meant to be in 1.2 – including a fix for that daft audio crash, mouse improvements, and at flipping last Esc backs out of menus – and then you can let us know if you’ve seen anything strange since the update.
Oh, and dead bodies will no longer show up to your wedding.
I’m currently in a Dwarven dungeon you see, so can’t really bring news on flying dragons, but I’m racing through in the hope of finding one. Anyhow, this is what Bethesda intended to fix:
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz
– Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
– Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
– Dragon corpses now clean up properly
– Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
– Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
– Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
– Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
– Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
– Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
– ESC button can now be used to exit menus
– Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues
– General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls
Honestly, I’m a bit disappointed about the lack of corpses coming to my nuptials. And the projectiles not fading was a brilliant bug. But still, it’s good to see some of the issues being loudly raised are being addressed. Still no word on improving the horrendous interface, sadly, but I’m hopeful industrious modders are working on that as we quest.
You can enjoy the sight of a PS3 dragon’s backward flying below:
Edit: I’m disappointed to say that the dragon I’ve seen was flying forward.