Skyrim has received a rather hurried patch 1.3. How do I know this? Because my game of Skyrim just crashed to desktop for no given reason, and on trying to restart it, Steam’s patcher kicked in. Maybe it will fix random crashes to desktop?! It does offer “General stability improvements”, who coincidentally was a man I served under in the army in the 1940s. So have they addressed any of the litany of issues on everyone’s lists? Well, if the books not sitting correctly on the bookshelves was one of yours, then you’re a winner! If not, well, then maybe not so much.
It does, however, somewhat guardedly suggest it fixes the two new issues 1.2 introduced, if “Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly” means “Buffs work again”, and “Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading” means “The dragons no longer fly backward”.
Here’s the epic list in full:
– General stability improvements
– Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs
– Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
– Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
– Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
– Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
– Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Yes. There’s a couple of other bits and pieces we can think of that might belong on that list. Roll on 1.4.