Alice’s late! Alice’s late! For a very important… oh you know never mind. Creator of flawed beauties Alice and Alice: Madness Returns American McGee has announced on Facebook he hopes to have the opportunity to Kickstart Alice 3.
McGee asked fans:
“1) If we could get the rights from EA, would you play “Alice 3?”
2) If you’d play “Alice 3,” would you back it on Kickstarter?
3) If you said “yes” to those two things, make some noise – I’m trying to gauge interest in case I happen to discuss this with EA during GDC in 2 weeks. The more interest there is, the more seriously they’ll take the conversation.”
Fans on the Facebook page seem keen but I guess that’s expected. I personally would like more indication from McGee:
1) How many graphics it will have
2) How many levels it will have
3) How many people I will have to set on fire
4) How many explosions will be in it
5) Will the RSPCA or PETA be pretty annoyed about it
6) Will it start with Alice simply getting the psychiatric treatment she needs (because that would be rad) and then it’s just a nice story about how she lives a well-adjusted life with slight traumatic elements when she observes a bunny rabbit
7) Will it be an investigation into Lewis Carroll’s obsession with underage girls and controlling their bodies
8) Will it be a deep investigation of gamer obsession with hats and men who wear hats and gamers’ mad hat-based buying habits because hats
9) Will it have multiplayer
10) And if so can I be the super stoned caterpillar
11) Can I buy a hat for the caterpillar
I will be attending GDC! What would you like me to ask American McGee to put in Alice 3? I SWEAR I WILL DO IT.
Sidenote: almost every single post on Alice that we’ve done here at RPS has that terrible “I’m late” joke in it. Check out our shame. HURR.