Hidden in the title of this post are the names of three games making appearances at this year’s Rezzed. Can you solve my riddle? That’s right, the 2013 PC and indie games show will feature exclusive first looks at the much-anticipated Your, Or and For An. Less excitingly, there’ll also be sessions from the likes of Total War: Rome 2, Obsidian’s Project Eternity and Mode 7’s Frozen Endzone.
Such fine young things are joined by Dreamfall Chapters, Vlambeer’s Luftrausers, Introversion’s Prison Architect, and something called Sir, You Are Being Hunted, by history’s greatest monster & his friends. Many more sessions are yet to be announced, and we’ve got some exciting stuff in mind. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll just go on-stage and slowly remove my trousers for an hour, so everybody wins whatever happens.
On top of these dev talks – almost of all which drew a full house at last year’s inaugural Rezzed, there’ll be any number of PC games both indie and mainstream to play on the show floor. More on those over time, but do keep an eye on the Rezzed site for ongoing updates and stuff. And for tickets, seeing as you’ll need to buy one of those to get in. The show runs over June 22-23 in Birmingham. (Birmingham, UK, not Birmingham, Alabama. Which is a shame, as I wouldn’t mind visiting Alabama. I don’t know if it’s any good, I just fancy getting away.)
Here’s the full list of sessions so far. Those gaps will be plugged with exciting things soon, yes they will.
- 12pm – TBA
- 1pm – Prison Architect (Mark Morris and Chris Delay, Introversion Software)
- 2pm – Frozen Endzone (Paul Taylor and Ian Hardingham, Mode 7 Games)
- 3pm – Dreamfall Chapters (Ragnar Tornquist, Martin Bruusgaard and Dag Scheve, Red Thread Games)
- 4pm – Project Eternity (Chris Avellone, Obsidian Entertainment)
- 5pm – Sir, You Are Being Hunted (Tom Betts, Big Robot)
Sunday 23rd June:
- 12pm – TBA
- 1pm – Luftrausers (Rami Ismail, Vlambeer) vs. Hotline Miami (Dennis Wedin, Dennaton)
- 2pm – Total War: Rome II Live Code Demo (The Creative Assembly)
- 3pm – TBA
- 4pm – TBA
- 5pm – TBA
Here’s a trailer. A trailer for a show. Goodness, they can do anything these days.