By Banquo’s Beard: Viking Ghost

Dead Alien Cult is a studio formed by veterans of the God of War franchise and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. If I found myself in a pub quiz faced with a team called Dead Alien Cult, I’d probably quit on the spot and hand them the stout-stained Victory Tankard myself. For their debut title, The Cult (as I’m affectionely calling them) are creating a top-down Smash TV-Gauntlet-Roguelike hybrid called Viking Ghost. If I found myself in a pub quiz faced with a team called Viking Ghost…

If that looks like your chalice of mead, you can lob a vote in its direction on Steam Greenlight.

From this site

1. IaIaFhtagn says:

I would really, really like to see fewer “Viking” games with horns on the helmets. I realise that, as a re-enactor, I’m pretty much the only one who cares about authenticity, but when “War of the Vikings” is as good as it gets in terms of historical authenticity, it’s pretty bad…

• PopeRatzo says:

No horns? Can I at least have a pointy Saxon-style helmet? Or do I have to wear the thing that looks like a cow-pie up on my head?

link to hurstwic.org

• IaIaFhtagn says:

You could, although a more Viking design is the spectacle helm; earlier period, but very evocative of the stereotypical raider. Take anything Hurstwic says with a pinch of salt, as well, they’re a North American group, and have the occasional strange idea regarding the Viking Age…

• MadMattH says:

Being from America doesn’t make their opinion on Viking stuff any worse than anyone else’s. It’s not like a lot of the stuff coming from Europe about these things isn’t made up or anything.

• swimming anime says:

I would really, really like to see fewer “Ghost” games with bluish glow. I realise that, as a ghost re-enactor, I’m pretty much the only one who cares about authenticity, but when “Fear 2” is as good as it gets in terms of paranormal authenticity, it’s pretty bad…

• Geebs says:

I for one would have preferred different music in the interest of historical accuracy. It’s well known that ancient Vikings only listened to black metal, and not thrash. I’m pretty much the only one who cares about authenticity, but when the best you’ve got is “Some Kind of Monster” in terms of metal authenticity it’s pretty bad.

• Jackablade says:

When I’m king, the second people against the wall will be the ones who incessantly complain about Viking helmet horns. Right after the people who whine about the usage of “they’re”.

It’s a long list.

• Llewyn says:

I can’t help thinking you have your priorities seriously messed up. Under my regime the anti-horn brigade are unlikely to be rounded up for execution until well into the second decade, quite likely after the pro-horn cadre.

At this stage the one thing holding me back from seizing power is figuring out who’s going to be left to carry out the later roundings-up. Well, along with finding a flat wall large enough for The List to be carved onto.

2. MrNash says:

Doesn’t look too bad as far as twin stick arcade games go. Most of the ones I’ve come across have been either sci-fi or faux retro in theme, so seeing something going for a fantasy schtick is a nice change of pace.

3. Heimmrich says:

What I really want to ask, is: co-op?