Watch-And-Chat: Ubisoft’s E3 Shindig

More like HOORAYman.

Closing out pre-E3 (as far as we’re concerned) tonight are Ubisoft, with a press briefing coming up at 11pm here in Blighty. Ahead of the three-ring circus kicking off in earnest tomorrow, let’s kick back and watch some video games. Ubisoft’s E3 event always has spirit, bless ’em. We’ve already seen Assassin’s Creed co-op and a little The Division gameplay today, so what else is to come? Enter, watch, chat.

Well probably see more of both of those, for one thing. They’ll surely show off a spot of Far Cry 4, which one hopes will be less ghastly than the artwork we’ve seen so far. Where has that young Prince of Persia got to? Aren’t we eternally due another new Tom Clancy game? Whatever happened to Rainbow 6 Patriots? And might we even see something actually new? On that front, let’s all cross our fingers for more delightful curios being made by small teams on the 2D UbiArt framework. That’s some of the most interesting stuff going on at Ubisoft lately.

Here’s the stream on YouTube, and it’ll be on Twitch too:

From this site

1. Bull0 says:

I always enjoy the Ubisoft briefing the most. I really like Aisha Tyler.

• FriendlyFire says:

She’s surprisingly… funny. In a big media conference, this shouldn’t happen!

• Bull0 says:

Rainbow 6 Siege – give me a date, give me a date, give me a date

• Gap Gen says:

That is entirely how our games of Raven Shield played out, albeit with more fratricide. Personally I kept thinking how much the hostage must have been pissed to have their house completely wrecked by The Three Stooges’ SWAT team. That and apparently terrorists can’t see robots.

• Gap Gen says:

Yeah. It’s still PR guff, but the Ubisoft showing somehow manages to have a heart. I switched onto EA’s offering, listened for a minute to two commentators talking about the merchandise you can get by preordering Battlefield, and switched off.

• TheVGamer says:

If she wasn’t so energetic and charismatic, she’d end up being really annoying and cringe-worthy.

2. Tom Walker says:

My God, they all have the diction of YouTube comment posters. It shouldn’t be allowed back into normal speech. We need a vocabulary diode.

3. Renegade says:

I was unsure if they could get a new protaganist to match Vass. Ubisoft proved me wrong I’m quite liking him xD

4. Rikard Peterson says:

The WW1 game looks like it might be interesting.

5. Gap Gen says:

Every year a friend and I have a competiton to see which company has the saddest dogs, and Ubisoft wins hands down this time.

6. Philopoemen says:

I just watched the Raven Shield footage – is it too much to ask that a tactical shooter actually be tactical? Ignoring the scripted speech, just the basic gameplay elements are more CS than the old Rainbow Six games.

I’m not expecting SWAT3 levels of fidelity these days, but the Rainbow Six games’ cache was semi-realism, where it was five minutes of set up, and ten seconds of well planned action before moving to the next objective.

• Bull0 says:

Rainbow 6 hasn’t really been like that since Rogue Spear. You still get more gadgetry and tactical utilities than you do in, say, CS. Yeah, they’re all spraying automatic weapons everywhere. That’s just a modern thing, blame joypads.

This one’s called Rainbow 6 Siege – “Raven Shield” is a 10 year old game :P

7. Screamer says:

Doesn’t matter what Ubisoft show…they end product won’t look like it whatsoever…