If we’re going to talk about modders – and yes, I’m calling it a mod – releasing Watch_Dogs tweaks, then it seems only fair to mention when Ubisoft plan to do the same. As outlined in a post on the Watch_Dogs forum, a set of fixes and tweaks should arrive on PC in the next few days, bringing improvements to performance and control problems.
The list of fixes is a little vague, but includes “graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings” and “Implemented several performance improvements.” Whether that’ll fix the stuttering issues multiple users have been experiencing, I don’t know, but one must hope.
More interesting if you had some design issues with Watch_Dogs, like I did, are the supposed implementation of “a few control improvements”. Will that mean that the game will do a better job of targeting your hacks, movements between cover, or weapon handling when using a mouse or keyboard?
In any case, it’s good to know Ubisoft are polishing up some of the rougher edges, even it’s never going to clear my more fundamental problems with the game. Here’s the full list of PC fixes:
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
Check out the complete list here. Once it’s launched, uPlay should download it automatically.