Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 Now More Jumbo, Adds 3 Games

Last week we wrote about the Humble Jumbo Bundle 2, because it was the best haul of games we’d seen in a Humble Bundle in a little while. Now that bundle has expanded as planned, and the three new games added are all good too. Pay more than the average of $6.62/£4 and you’ll now receive Legend of Grimrock, PixelJunk Eden and Orcs Must Die! 2.

This on top of a bundle which already included Galactic Civilizations 2, Terraria, Crusader Kings 2 and more.

The more includes King of Fighters XIII, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Deadlight, and if you pay more than $15, the Age of Empires Legacy bundle which includes Age of Empires II HD and Age of Empires III: Complete Collection.

As for the new additions, they’re each good games. John called PixelJunk Eden sublime and splendid, found Legend of Grimrock gripping, and Alec enjoyed his time springing traps in Orcs Must Die! 2 (albeit with caveats).

The bundle works in the usual way: it’s time limited (with six days remaining), you can pay what you want, beating the average price unlocks six extra games, and you can apportion your payment between Humble, the developers and various charities as per your whim. Let this trailer explain:

1. lordfrikk says:

The bundle is definitely true to its name, it’s crazy value. Lately there’s been an absolute explosion of bundles, though, so the competition never sleeps!

• Baines says:

It only has “crazy value” if you’ve never bought bundles before.

It has some decent games, but most have been bundled before, been sold for dirt cheap prices, or both. Who doesn’t own a copy of Crusader Kings II by now? And also doesn’t have any friends with spare copies that they could give you? The same goes for Grimrock, Terraria, and most of the rest.

About the only game of real value in the bundle was KOFXIII, and that is a rather niche genre game these days. (I ended up paying $1 for Van Helsing, because I already owned KOFXIII. Sure, it meant I didn’t get the bonus games, but like everyone else in the world I already owned Grimrock and OMD2, and Pixeljunk Eden wasn’t worth the $5 difference.)

2. eggy toast says:

Grimrock and OMD2 are both re-bundles, Terraria has been next to free and bundled so many times it’s hard to imagine anyone not owning it and CKII with no DLC is a bad joke (plus the base game + all DLC winds up bundled together from Amazon every winter holiday season)

A buck for Van Helsing and Gal Civ 2 is a fantastic deal, but to me the rest of this “jumbo” is pretty unimpressive.

• Agnosticus says:

My thoughts exactly!

I’m hoping for a good humble indie bundle.

• hennedo says:

Oh this jaded modern age

• Pich says:

If you’re a fighting games fan KOF 2013 is pretty good.

Carra says:

CK2 is fine without DLC. Enough to keep you busy for 100+ hours. It’s also good business sense. Give the base game away for next to nothing, make some money with DLC.

• deadly.by.design says:

That’s how I feel about it. I only dropped a buck on it for Deadlight.

• frenchy2k1 says:

This bundle *IS* excellent value. It is just such a good value and great selection that you already have all the games. For people that waited, this is excellent.
      I am in the same boat as you, I already have all the games I am interested in from the ‘beat the average’, so I paid $1 for Van Elsing (I think I already have GalCiv2).

For those that want a Crusader Kings 2 bundle on Amazon with a lot more DLC, it is currently on sale here for $32: (21 DLC including sunset invasion, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam and Republic).
      link to amazon.com

3. sabrage says:

If anyone is looking for multiplayer partners or to get better at King of Fighters, feel free to join us in our Steam fighting games group!

• Bugamn says:

Do you have tutorials for those that want to learn how to join this mysterious world of fighting games?

• sabrage says:

I would actually recommend Skullgirls to a first-time player, as its tutorial is probably the best I’ve ever seen in a fighting game. The more advanced stuff won’t really matter until basic execution is consistent.

4. Boult Upright says:

One wonders when bundles will reach saturation point. I’ve followed three of four bundle sites for about 18 months and I now have a ridiculous library of games. In fact, I created a new account for my son with the bundle games that I already have. There are 123 games in his account……

5. stele says:

Great, a bunch more games I can buy and never play.

6. rexx.sabotage says:

mwuahahahaha I owned only one game of this bundle and I have already exchanged the copy for another title.

FOOLS!