Skynet Versus Cthulhu: Human Resources

Human Resources has one of the finest elevator pitches I’ve ever heard. The Singularity comes to pass, the machines rise, and humanity awakens a host of Lovecraftian horrors on the same day. It’s a tale of duelling apocalypses. Skynet vs Cthulhu, with humanity caught in the middle. The Kickstarter page has just gone live for Uber’s strategy followup to Planetary Annihilation, and I spoke to design director John Comes and art director Nate Simpson to learn about the end of everything.

Before getting into the nitty-gritty of the strategic apocalypse, it’s important to note a couple of things right off the bat. The team for Human Resources is not the team that created and will continue to work on Planetary Annihilation. This is a separate project with separate staff, although they’ll benefit from having the former game’s engine ready to use. With its planet-smashing tech, it’s an ideal fit for ending worlds.

And the other thing to wrap your head around before going any further is directly related to the ending of worlds. You won’t get to John Connor the heck out of this situation. You won’t be playing as the remnants of our race, trying to survive the clash of Machine and mi-go. Your task will be to destroy everything as one of the insurmountable forces of doom. You’ll play as either the machines or the Ancient Ones, battling to devour or cleanse the world faster than your opponents. As the name of the game suggests, humans will be the fuel for your carnage. Terrified Tiberium trunks, sheltering in cities and bases as robots pick the masonry apart and scavenge the juicy innards.

“Everytime you destroy a building, it’s like a little Christmas present” Comes adds. “You don’t know what will spill out but there are all kinds of goodies and bonuses available.”

The initial pitch is to make a primarily multiplayer game (supporting up to eight players), with AI to skirmish against, although if the Kickstarter goes well, stretch goals for a single player campaign and possible metagame will be added. At the moment, Uber are concentrating on the balance of their two planned factions, however, and creating a flowing and cleverly competitive strategic game. Comes has a strong background in crafting RTS armies, having worked in the field since the Westwood days and bringing some C&C experience to the table.

“I tend to build from the ground-up”, he says when I ask him about the process of designing a faction. I create the basic units for a faction and that gives me a number to build from – other units are on a scale based around that number. Some of the fundamental differences between the factions are designed to support different playstyles. If you want to handle lots of units at the same time, the Ancient Ones might suit you better than the Machines, which let you work with individual units more closely.”

One notable difference is in the base-building and resource gathering. While Machines and Ancient Ones alike can gather humans to feed their functions, they each have a second resource unique to them. For the Machines, the resource is energy, which seems like the setup for traditional base-building, with generators, turrets and factories. That’s not the case. Machine structures are mobile and can be shifted around the battlefield before deployment.

The Ancient Ones are more traditional, even though their second resource is the sanity of the remaining population. By constructing temples to channel fear and madness, they can push forward to their final victory, which involves an Elder Thing, visible in the skybox, to devour the entire shard that the forces are battling over.

I should explain shards. They’re the randomly generated battlefields of Human Resources. Any given conflict might take place on a single shard or several – chunks of Earth torn out of position and suspended in the air. The humans are huddled inside their cities, although there’s an ongoing conversation as to whether they might fight back under certain circumstances, and if they offer little more as a resource type than enjoyable SMASHING, they may have fulfilled their purpose.

Think Rampage or Godzilla translated into a strategy game. Cities will crumble, wreckage will be strewn across the map, and Human Resources may offer one of the most vivid depictions of a battle’s aftermath that we’ve ever seen. The shards themselves can even be sundered by higher tier attacks, reshaping the terrain and creating new tactical possibilities as ground troops are separated from their base and clouds of flying horrors take control of the fray.

After the planet-busting of PA, I wonder if this second game of mass carnage is associated with a desire to portray destruction on a grand scale, rather than the skirmishes and base-bopping of yore. Comes has the answer.

“We’re not at the point technology-wise where we can push a lot of units around, so our view is – why don’t we go and do that. Not only with scale of numbers – PA had a ton of scale of numbers – but we’re pushing the relative scale of units in the world a lot further with Human Resources. You have creatures that are taller than skyscrapers and a much bigger breadth of vertical scale.

“It’s a technical challenge in terms of getting the animations working properly, particularly having non-robot things walking around and the melee fighitng. But the scale is to give us a really immersive feeling of…the apocalypse happening! The humans are just little specks.

I usually go back to the Minas Tirith scene in Return of the King. You have all the little Uruks but then you have the trolls and the huge mammoth beasts behind them. We’re going to have units of all sizes, of all different strengths, so in a battle you’ll see all of these different units involved.”

Bear in mind that in the middle of all those units, there are buildings packed with humans, like spam in a can, and they are the succulent prize. It could be the grimmest of all the grimdark games that have ever grimdarked, but a glance at the screenshots should put that thought to rest. John Comes told me, “I love Planetary Annihilation and I helped out on it but after that I wanted to go for something a little more cartoony, a little less serious.”

So you went for the apocalypse?

“I went for two apocalypses! Duelling apocalypses. That was Nate’s idea. The backstory is that the Singularity happens and in order to stop them, scientists come up with this idea of reading from an old book and summoning the Ancient Ones to come help. But, nope, that just starts a second apocalypse.”

Nate has worked in comics, one in particular that was well-known called Nonplayer, so the whole art style is his. Mixing that with an irreverent tone will work really well.”

The best example of that irreverence is the current plan for the game’s announcer. Rather than having the robotic precision of Planetary Annihilation’s commentary, Human Resources’ rounds of action might well have a traffic reporter, watching the end of the world from a helicopter. Driven mad by the presence of the Ancient Ones and the whole sorry spectacle unfolding below, he’ll provide useful information peppered with updates on the traffic – “Unimaginable horrors are consuming the north of the city, so you might want to avoid heading that way if you’re trying to get out of town because the highway has been completely destroyed.” That sort of thing.

“You know how South Park can get away with more because of its art style?” Nate asks. “There’s something that comes with that extra distance from reality that makes it much more palatable that your units are eating millions of human beings.”

Comes jumps back in at this point. “It also allows us to go crazier in the future, if we want to add new factions that are different apocalypses, the style opens up the palette for what we can do. A Cabin In The Woods type of feel.” It’s hard to fend off the images of Ragnarok that leap to mind. “We’d love to explore all kinds of different possible endings. But no zombies.” Hopefully these are IMpossible endings, but maybe Uber know something I don’t.

During our conversation, I repeatedly refer to the art style as ‘cartoony’, which is so loose a description as to be unhelpful. I asked Simpson to elaborate.

“John has been calling it graphic novel shading. Specifically it’s inspired by French comic book art, guys like Mœbius and Geof Darrow. It’s called the clear line style and it avoids heavy blacks and contrast in favour of strong outlines and muted colour, which plays in our favour from a readability standpoint as well.

When you’re really underway in a game, you’ll have some serious ground combat going on, heavy wreckage from the cities and dozens of units moving around. You’ll need to be able to identify which units do what, and who is on which side, and be able to pick them out from the background. That’s so much easier in this style, so it’s kind of a double-win. It looks cool and different, but it’s also much more legible than a more realistic rendering style.”

I’m keen to see more. The theme enables a wide variety of unit types, visually and otherwise, while allowing for easily compehensible ability sets. We know about the Singularity and Cthulhu. It really is a pop culture apocalypse and that leaves so much space for future additions. Comes, Simpson and I briefly discussed the possibility mythological and theological factions, as well more oddities from the realms of weird fiction, and vintage horror and sci-fi.

They’re excited about where Human Resources might take them but, despite their belief in the design they’re keeping the excitement in check, at least a little. This is Uber’s second trip to the Kickstarter well and while the new team hope that the delivery of Planetary Annihilation will give people confidence in their ability to deliver this next game through crowdfunding and (more than likely) Early Access, they know that some people will ask why they need to raise funds again.

“The money from the Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter was spent on Planetary Annihilation. If we’d only made the £900,000 that was the original target, it would have been a smaller game. For Human Resources, we’re building something that’s much more content-rich, and that means we need lots of artists and animators. Now that we’ve done this once, as a studio, we know how much money we realistically need to ensure we can deliver on all of our promises. PA, at release, was as close to the original pitch as almost any other Kickstarter project – we’re really proud of that. Human Resources has much more content though, which is why we’ve settled on the target we have. If things are moving quickly, we’ll add some stretch goals.”

First, they pitch the game, see if people are as interested in playing as they are in making it, and then they can start to consider other ways to end it all. For now, this is just a beginning.

There’s loads of lovely hi-res concept art for units, shards and buildings hidden behind the links in the article. Enjoy!

1. Drinking with Skeletons says:

A followup to the game that every critic I trust has said was a terrible, barely playable trainwreck? Where do I sign up!?

• RARARA says:

Hmmm. Rossingol seems to be rather fond of it, as does the RPS WIT by Caldwell.

• HiFiHair says:

I too was rather fond of the few hours I played.

• Jim Rossignol says:

I think the argument re the lack of a proper tech tree, as well as the general pace of the game (which is hard) make for good criticisms, but I feel like the lukewarm critical reaction to quite a fine game is a shame. Qt3’s One Out Of Five is just silly.

I’ve had fun with it. I mean it’s no Men Of War…

• Drinking with Skeletons says:

Quarter to Three is often excessively harsh and I don’t totally trust them. However, I saw nearly identical criticisms from The Scientific Gamer, and he hasn’t steered me wrong yet.

• BlueTemplar says:

Lack of a proper techtree isn’t a problem, lack of unit diversity is.

• LionsPhil says:

Ouch. That’s quite the review.

• NotToBeLiked says:

So if let’s say EA released a game that online DRM that prevented playing the game properly (at 100% game speed), saving games, playing LAN games,… you would have also completely ignored those facts?
            PA is a horrible trainwreck, on both a technical AND gameplay level.

• BlueTemplar says:

PA has to be commended for making some of the area commands (like build mexes) even more straightforward to use than in Spring.

• FriendlyFire says:

You might want to change critics then because that’s not what I’ve heard at all, and what I’ve played was pretty great.

• Drinking with Skeletons says:

There are people in the thread below sharing the same exact criticisms as those critics I trust. Clearly it’s not a total success, and I’ll heed the advice of those who haven’t steered me wrong in the past.

• padger says:

I’m struggling to see what people are worried about. It’s a solid RTS in the TA style. Complaining that it doesn’t have a single-player campaign is vacuous: it was never meant to. And it goes have an okay skirmish (albeit with not best AI.)

• padger says:

I’ve seen a couple of places quibble about this, but it mostly seems predicated on “hey there’s no single player campaign for my money”. Not sure that is true, given the skirmish mode, but even if you discount that: it was always meant to be MP one-shot type gaming.

• Drinking with Skeletons says:

I heard about problems with missing interface features, including a save option, as well as all sorts of issues with the basic mechanics and pace, including how the spherical maps mean that 50% of a battlefield is masked at all times and that traveling from planet to planet is a huge pain in the ass that mostly detracts from what fun there is to be had. I have not heard much complaining about the “always-on” features, and more a general sense that the game as presented doesn’t seem complete to anyone who wasn’t already invested heavily in the early access builds.

• BlueTemplar says:

Uber was extremely bold with the whole idea of combat over multiple planets… but with hindsight they might have dedicated themselves to an impossible task.
          There are multiple issues with that design choice, mostly being that it’s impossible for a player to see the whole battlefield unless they have some kind of volumetric display, while attacks can come not only from any side, but also from the top. This combined with fragile units and an assassination mode of play.
          I’m not sure that makes for a good RTS experience, but I wish Uber will try as hard as they can. Better this than another bad Starcraft clone.

• BlueTemplar says:

The main issue I (and other people if you look at the Steam forums) have with the Galactic War, is not that it’s a sorry excuse for a campaign (though I don’t think it ever pretended to be it), but that it so far has a very serious problem with the randomly generated technologies : you’re not likely to get any real orbital-capable units. This is a big problem because about in 1/3 of the Galactic War skirmishes, you don’t start on the same planet as your opponent (which doesn’t seem to have any tech limitations himself).
        So your only hope is, when you realize you’re alone on your planet, is to build as fast as possible the expensive orbital launch building to build orbital transports (the only unit you get without specific techs) and send a constructor on each of the other planets to build a teleport gate there, praying that it doesn’t get killed (which can happen very fast if the AI started with an air factory).
        Or have to mass-drop with orbital transporters after assembling an army most of which is going to be shot down on entry because the more you take time to build it up, the more the enemy will get entrenched, not to mention use orbital units you don’t have access to against you (which, I admit, I’ve only saw it to do competently by using the same “drop a con and build a ninja teleport gate on enemy planet” strategy)

After 26 systems, I finally managed to get the “Advanced Defense Technology”, which still doesn’t allow for real orbital units, but at least gives me other options like the expensive strategic nukes (need about 25 to carpet bomb a planet and catch the enemy commander in the process), the planet thrusters and doomstar-enabling buildings (which both need specific planets to be present on the map).

Another thing a real campaign might have helped is to get players not familiar with TA-like RTS into the game. There is a Tutorial, but I haven’t tried it and it doesn’t seem to work right now for me for some reason… and it’s not the same when you have a story to get immersed into and slowly learn various aspects of the game.

Of course a real campaign is expensive to make, so I wouldn’t blame Uber for not making one, considering the very hard challenges they’ve already imposed upon themselves. But they could at least make Galactic War a little less frustrating!

2. Tiax says:

After Planetary Annihilation, I won’t touch this with a ten-feet pole.

• BlueTemplar says:

The problem with Planetary Annihilation is that not only the release version doesn’t have everything that was promised on Kickstarter (40 player games, multiple windows (though there is picture-in-picture), multi-monitor support, cannon firing units at other planets), it doesn’t even have some very basic features like save games and offline mode. I wonder why Uber released it in this state… did they not think that they would take a lot of flak for that? Did their previous experience with multiplayer (only?) Monday Night Combat make them think that save games and offline mode weren’t considered important by the potential PA player base? Or did they plan their budget badly (like other kickstarters recently) and had to release or run out of funds?

Then the other issue is that it compares unfavorably with other TA-like games, as PA is very “bare-bones”. Of course it would seem only had about 1/5 of the funding of Supreme Commander 1, for which there is a quite alive multiplayer community at Forged Alliance Forever : http://www.faforever.com , and it doesn’t have more than a decade of volunteer work of Spring/Zero-K : http://www.zero-k.info , not to mention the modding community of TA for which there are mods still released to this day (at tauniverse.com) , but I doubt its “planetary features” are going to keep many players if there isn’t a solid, polished game with lots of other features beneath.

• padger says:

What a load of rubbish, PA is great.

• BlueTemplar says:

Not sure if you were actually answering to me, but if so, I’d like to point out that “great” is relative. Have you even tried out the other games I mention for any significant amount of time?

• NotToBeLiked says:

I guess you haven’t tried to play it then?

• ThinkMcFlyThink says:

I feel the opposite. I loved what they turned out with PA, so for me the mistakes of SMNC are forgiven.

3. BlueTemplar says:

The idea seems pretty close to this one :
    link to indiegogo.com
    Of course one is more action, the other more RTS, and it’s not like there are too many games with this kind of background!

• vecordae says:

Kaiju-a-gogo has an astounding pedigree. Kerberos is definitely a team that can turn a sizeable financial investment into a crap game and then, after a few years of constant, additional work, patch it into a mediocre one.

4. fredcadete says:

Woooo, what a lovely art style.

Too bad (for me) that it is in an RTS, though.

5. Scathis says:

Planetary Annihilation will still be supported.
    Human resources is being built by a separate team within Uber.

link to uberent.com

• Arkhonist says:

Yeah, it’ll be just as supported as Super Monday Night Combat was spposed to still be supported.

6. Timbrelaine says:

Cautious optimism. While Planetary Annihilation has yet to deliver on a lot of its potential, this game seems more practical, if only because it has flat battlegrounds and a complete engine.

On the other hand, I’m not keen to kickstart them again until they’ve proven that they can see a project through, and in spite of its full release, PA isn’t there yet.

7. Mr Bismarck says:

“With Planetary Annihilation, we think the results speak for themselves.”

They really do. Which is why I won’t be giving you any money for this kickstarter.

• Davie says:

To be honest, PA does seem like one of the most successful and polished of the first generation of Kickstarter games. Feel free to point to examples of my incorrectness, but it isn’t all that bad. Not amazing either, but maybe it’s more an indication of the level of success we should expect from crowdfunded projects than an issue with PA and Uber in particular.

• JiminyJickers says:

Exactly, still waiting for them to release offline mode like they promised for release.

I wish them luck though, but I don’t think I can trust them to deliver at the moment. Hopefully I will be proven wrong in the future.

• pizzapotamus says:

Well who else are you going to go to if you want online only DRM with servers that can’t handle the game? SimCity went and patched out that feature.

8. Freud says:

This gimmick looks more fun than the one used in Planetary Annihilation.

9. Shazbut says:

I must say though, those opening two minutes left me breathless, and I don’t even like RTSs much

10. padger says:

Holy shit, this looks amazing.

• dubyabyeats says:

So did PA and look how that turned out unfortunately.

Love the idea of HR, can’t trust Uber after the failure of PA. Supreme Commander is years older and still a massively more accomplished game than PA will ever be in my own opinion.

• TrophySystem says:

You are right, look how it turned out, pretty good and on the track to only get better, improvements each month in matter of fact.

So. Jawbreaker Please!

Tam-Lin says:

Did anyone else, upon reading the pitch, immediately think CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN? Sufficiently advanced amounts of thinking summon bad things from somewhere else?

• dubyabyeats says:

The idea popped into my head like a tiny brain eater..

Generally amazing series of books from Charles Stross in case anyone didn’t get the reference to Case Nightmare Green.
      link to en.wikipedia.org

• BlueTemplar says:

Not to mention that Charles Stross covered BOTH of the themes of this game, “Elder Horrors from Outer Space” in the James Bond – like “The Laundry Files” series, and “the Singularity” (though in a light much more complex than “robot rebellion”) in many of his other books starting with the idea-overflowing “Accelerando” written in the 90s dot-com boom era : link to antipope.org

12. Jim Rossignol says:

Amazing pitch.

• Haplo says:

I love that the Ancient Ones’ appearing was due to scientists finding a summoning book and apparently assuming that one more apocalypse wouldn’t hurt. Gold.

Silly scientists, don’t you know the only way to make that work is to put the ancient one -inside- a machine and pilot both at the same time?

13. pepe says:

When I read the title , I thought someone was developing a game about our evil Human Resources corporate overlords. Any game on this topic ?

• LogicalDash says:

Here’s Net Gain, the corporate espionage simulator. A bit Shadowrun, but you play as the man who hires the spies.

• Hex says:

This is a genre I’ve been hoping would be born for years, now — the “middleman” simulator. I think it would be great fun to receive orders for jobs from shadowy patrons, then have a roster of thugs, villains, and skilled technicians to choose from to try to accomplish all the tasks necessary within the timeframe given.

Player doesn’t have to do much but assign units to tasks, though I could see there being a plot unfolding which allows the player to piece things together that the shadowy masters don’t want pieced, and perhaps influence the outcome of missions through selection of units with certain skills…

Hmm…..

• LTK says:

Compared to Planetary Annihilation, the title of this game is quite rubbish. It doesn’t convey what the game is about at all.

14. NotToBeLiked says:

Yay, let’s get on the hype train for another kickstarted game by a studio that didn’t bother to release their first kickstarter game in a playable way.
    No, a game in which you can’t save and are struck running at 25% game speed if the scale goes above Starcraft, is not finished. Regardless of what some reviewers who don’t even mention those things say.
    Weird how another game of this studio gets another PR opportunity on RPS without any criticism whatsoever?

15. Hex says:

Include an option to play as humans — simply trying to escape from the horror until one side prevails — and all of my money is yours.

What’s on offer here looks excellent, and is exactly like something I want to play. I also want to be able to play as the totally ineffectual, utterly defenseless bipedal food-morsels fueling these engines of war. Just to see how far into the apocalypse a resourceful group of boys and girls could make it before being mind-shredded and consumed.

Make it so.

Harlander says:

The opening levels of Universe at War felt a bit like that.

16. DarkFarmer says:

what the hell? What was wrong with PA? They delivered substantially everything they promised- at least everything conscionable to me when I made my early access purchase. I don’t even know what people expect video games to be anymore. Im gonna back this just to spite the haters.

• Emeraude says:

My understanding from reading this thread is that the promised offline mode is *still* missing. That’s big enough to make some people reconsider.

• JiminyJickers says:

Yep, they promised offline and DRM free. They also edited the promise features out of their Steam page.

See Wayback machine (link to web.archive.org)

• Emeraude says:

Aggravating if true (not calling your word into question, but those matters can also fall on simple administrative/automated processes more than any ill intention, and I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt – innocent until proven otherwise and all that).

• JiminyJickers says:

I’m sure you are right, but it does seem odd. They sold the game on those features and now it is removed from the page. If they still bring it out, I’ll be satisfied, but there is no longer any mention on Steam about it. The forums has a thread created by a moderator, but no mention from the developers.

All they need to do is put a disclaimer on the page saying something like, sorry this feature didn’t make it in release but we are working on it.

Edit: Oh dear, they are not even having an offline version for Human Resources. These guys have completely lost my confidence. I detest always online DRM for single player.

• TrophySystem says:

They still appear to be working on it as well, they even say so. As long as they deliver on it as soon as possible and don’t charge any extra, it isn’t much different than going to a fast food place when it is “sort of busy” and getting your food like 14 minutes late. Happens to everyone once.

• BlueTemplar says:

A better analogy would be if you got your food undercooked and had to send it back to the kitchen.

• Emeraude says:

A notable difference with that analogy being that a backer is not a customer.

Not to mention the “14 minutes” time frame. It reflects your own relative position toward what is happening. People more frustrated by the issue and still waiting on what was agreed to be delivered might replace it with hours. Days maybe.

• JiminyJickers says:

People keep saying that backing a Kickstarter is a donation and not a pre-order or not a customer. I don’t agree, if it was a donation, they wouldn’t offer the product. Since they offer the product if you back at a certain tier, you are directly paying them to get the product. To me that is exactly the same as a pre-order.

• BlueTemplar says:

Indeed, Kickstarter agreements are legally binding :
            link to tubefilter.com

17. derbefrier says:

I thought PA was a pretty good game. I got it late in early access and had a fun time with it. I wont pledge anything here but it looks cool and I hope it gets made.

18. mseifullah says:

Why do they keep turning to crowdsourcing? Either make a profit so that you can fund your next project in-house or go get a publisher. Kickstarter was never meant to be a way to keep the lights on at your existing business. Are they just going to keep asking the public for money to fund every project from here on out no matter whether past projects are financial successes or not?

I realize that I’m sounding like a jerk here, but can someone really tell me why they’re doing this versus funding this in-house. Do they not have the money? If not, how is that possible given the success of their previous games?

• TrophySystem says:

From what I understand, this is a more direct way to develop a game. You get direct feedback from the target audience of the game, which you have to admit, is better than EA saying “Develop C&C into a Moba”, then say “That didn’t work like surveys said, game cancelled, have a good day”.

• LionsPhil says:

Because FREE MONEY.

You’d be stupid not to take advantage of it while the going’s good.

• BlueTemplar says:

What makes you think their previous games turned enough profit for that? Releasing PA before it’s completed (but more than a year late, according to RPS), might indicate they are running out of funds…

19. pitchman says:

That pitch video looks great. And i’m willing to bet, that in good old Kickstarter fashion, the final release will be a thrown together mobile/browser semblance of a game that will fail to deliver everything that they are promising.

20. Arkhonist says:

Uber has completely lost me, they should not be trusted as a company, they completely abandonned SuperMNC and they made PA a huge hype machine for what ended up being a sub-standard rts.

21. airknots says:

Love the idea of robots versus the Ancient Ones. I think it would be better if it was expressed in another media though, like a book or graphic novel.

22. Mkilbride says:

I am embarrassed to see someone posted this on OCN, promoting it, and PA as a good game. A good game that over-funded by a nice amount, is still missing features, and over-charged upon release. 59.99$, and a few weeks later, 29.99, now 14.99. Weeks. Not months.

And despite PA not being complete, and yet they’ve claimed to have raked in a tidy sum – they are going to Kickstarter…again. I love Kickstarter, but it is being abused far to much. Using Kickstarter more than once when your first game is a success is sickening, just like Double Fine. Companies like this is why Kickstarter will die within 5 years.

23. heyhellowhatsnew says:

Okay, I have to ask.. are you guys getting paid by UBER to say this shit? Because you gave a glowing review to an incomplete gave with zero offline single player and a slew of broken things.

You don’t write about how they’ve abandoned their past two games, Monday Night Combat and Super Monday Night Combat, and how they are about to abandon Planetary Annihilation.

So seriously… how can you write an article about their kickstarter but not be honest about them? This is the first time i’ve seen RPS really really on the lap of a developer.. and out of all of them.. really? UBER? You couldn’t do paid PR for at least like Blizzard? At least they got money.

• KillahMate says:

When I see an article with an opinion different from mine, I too immediately assume a complete lack of integrity on part of the writer – it’s the only sensible explanation, really.

• heyhellowhatsnew says:

Yeah that would have value if my accusations weren’t back by proof in my post, but go on. Be a lap dog. But like I always say, if you’re going to do PR, at least get paid for it.

24. heyhellowhatsnew says:

The worst part is is that you gave like an amazing lap dog review of PA but you shat on Wasteland 2.. come on RPS.. don’t become a site I can’t trust :/

25. KillahMate says:

Hey – is the Nonplayer guy! Dammit, I knew I recognized that art style from somewhere! Of course; I completely forgot about the Gas Powered Games connection.

On a side note: everyone go read Nonplayer! It’s lovely and amazing.