Star Citizen Goes Planetside: First On-Foot Video

Star Citizen‘s crowdfunding has been so successful that the space sim promised the moon. Or rather, it promised planets, and the ability to land on those planets and take part in ground-based exploring and fighting. This past week’s second Citizen Con 2014 Chris Roberts presented the feature in rough form, showing the transition from space to a planet surface and then the player walking around on foot.

As Roberts’ explained up on stage, this is all pretty rough. It’s unoptimised so it stutters at a couple of points; the transition from space to planet is currently fudged but should eventually be seamless; and none of the on-foot systems are currently in place, so there’s no AI, shopping or procedural cities beyond the chunk shown.

The value in the presentation then is mainly to give some sense of the graphical fidelity the team are aiming for, which is fair enough. I’m a big fan of the third-person walk animation, which looks like the player has a penny gripped between their butt cheeks.

More seriously, I do like the look of the early parts of the video, where a spaceship is set spinning and then the player steps out of the chair to walk around the ship. It’s not a feature I’ve missed in Elite: Dangerous, Star Citizens’ most obvious comparison, but it is pretty sweet to be able to look out the window and see space stations and planets zoom by. Also it would make me feel nauseous.

The video above was cut out from the larger livestream, which focused on showing different parts of how Star Citizen’s persistent universe will eventually fit together. You can watch the full livestream on the delightfully-named Space Bum Chronicles YouTube channel.

1. BeaconDev says:

Good lord, the FPS and stuttering are BAD.

• Solidstate89 says:

I mean, that footage was pulled directly from the Twitch stream.

• Docs says:

I think that’s partially down to the video (I think there was another version up on youtube that wasn’t quite as bad). This is also a test of the map streaming in Cryengine though so that’s likely causing the short freezes, I think they’re still in the process of converting Cryengine in order to support these large maps.

• K_Sezegedin says:

Anytime someone complains on Frontier’s forums about SC exit being laggy or the crappy performance of the new icefields I say ‘beta’ if I say anything at all.

Here I’ll just say pre Alpha. Or is that pre-pre Alpha?

• dreamscape says:

Star Citizen might become seamless, but it will stay scripted on rails to restricted tiny hubs, unlike Elite: Dangerous which will do it properly. See FAQ below.

link to elite-dangerous.wikia.com

• fugitecaelum says:

So the on rails landing is only for Planetside landing, which Elite does not do AT ALL. Space station docking can be done manually depending on your preference.

Source (9m30s):

• fugitecaelum says:

I won’t be the case in terms of spacestation docking. In Star Citizen you’ll have the option to perform a manual dock if preferred.

Keep in mind Elite does not do planetside landing at all so you’re not really making a fair comparison.

• PaladinGunn says:

Well, that’s the thing: Elite will do exactly that, later.

But those two games shouldn’t be compared.
          Both are totally different, and most of all, won’t have the same release date at all.

Elite will be released in a few months, when SC still has about 2 years of development to go, at least.

When SC will be released, Elite might have planetary landing, ship boarding, and so on, and we might be able to compare those aspects of the games directly, but that won’t change the fact that on one hand we’ll have a handcrafted smaller universe, and on the other hand we’ll have a nearly infinite but proceduraly generated world.

I think Elite is much more interesting, and I don’t trust Chris Roberts.
          But seeing that they’re progressing is a good thing.
          I wish both games to be hugely successful, and I might even play both.

• Rad says:

You are correct that the two games should not be compared, but this is the Internet, and as soon as you get two of something similar you will get groups of people saying one is vastly superior to the other.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

You are not fit for the interwebz, go away!

• P.Funk says:

Why shouldn’t we compare them? I’m a gaming consumer who wants to play a game that involves piloting a spaceship around a galactic sandbox with strong multiplayer features.

Why exactly can’t I compare what they offer and how that gratifies me?

If I’m looking for a flight sim why is it not relevant for me to examine for instance the way they approach take offs and landing? If its a shooter how they approach weapons handling or player interactions with the environment?

Oh right, because the puppets like to say silly things like “you can’t compare them, they’re not even remotely similiar despite being in the exact same genre being developed at the same time offering different takes on roughly the same general concept”

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

The issue isn’t comparing them. The issue is the people pointlessly taking sides, praising one game whilst decrying everything the other does, it’s stupid. If people truly do want good space sims they should want to see both of these succeed, especially when you take into account that these games will be released, at minimum, one year apart. You can afford to buy 2 games in 2 years in a genre that has been dead for about a decade, you don’t need to buy/play only one.

People have the misguided notion that they need to choose sides and wish for the one they didn’t choose, to fail, presumably so they can then go “I told you all along!” and feel superior about that. This leads them to making ridiculous statements such as the starter post here, which are completely unfounded at this point given how much further along in development one is over the other.

That people are actually hoping for one of these games to fail just so they can be proved right is such a childish attitude, one that has only been seen on this scale in the LoL/Dota debate, two games with the most immature playerbases in PC gaming.

I’d hope that the demographic for SC and Elite would be somewhat older given that its roots come from 20-30 year old games but sadly it seems some people must act like babies even when talking about 2 somewhat similar games that are PC only, ambitious as hell and potentially both awesome, especially for people who grew up with X-Wing and Wing Commander.

• PaladinGunn says:

Well P.Funk, seems to me that you didn’t get what I meant, but more power to you, I guess.

Thing is, both game haven’t been released and are still in beta (or pre-alpha, whatever that means).
            And neither Elite nor SC wants to do the same thing.
            Only a fool would offer that jaded assertion. hur hur hur, yeah, I know, that was childish.
            Still take a look at the FAQ shared a few messages above yours.
            Not the same games at all. Not the same development plan either.
            Still, potentially two great games, even if for now only Elite has delivered something tangible.
            I’m still carefully cautious about SC, as I don’t think it will be all that was promised, and I don’t think that they will stick to their release plan. SC isn”t what I want, Elite is. But if SC is good, I might play it anyway.

But comparing them is kinda like comparing two meat dishes on a menu.
            Both will possibly be very VERY good when in your plate.
            But you won’t know until it is in your plate and you’ve taken a first bite.
            And beef and mutton will still be two very different meats.
            And I do prefer beef to mutton any day of the week.

You still get entitled to your opinion, but fueling the fire between SC and Elite fans kinda makes you the puppet.

• macc says:

Smoky the Bear, you are totally spot on. Elite and SC are two vastly different games which can perfectly co-exist together. I will be playing both, but SC has my preference at the moment because of the greater focus on interaction and lore. Most of the space sim fans are above 30, but these fanboys can’t become a lot more childish on the internet.

I also believe that part vitriol on RPS is fueled by the RPS journalists themselves who hide a fair amount of cynicism in their Star Citizen articles while praising Braben with everything he does. Something British I guess.

Also, the Elite FAQ linked above is also not free from its fair share of bias. Not the best information source for SC.

• Vin_Howard says:

Go back to the consoles, you fanboy. I would have hoped that the pc gaming community would be above such immaturity…

2. Duke of Chutney says:

suttering aside it looks nice enough. The real proof of the pudding will be in what you can actually do on the surface of a planet, and how convincing it feels.

I’d be more interested in seeing a zero g boarding action.

• BlacKHeaDSg1 says:

it looks nice enough …… seriously ???

It looks the best of all AAA games that ever came out. I never saw a game with this high fidelity of details. Maybe Shadow of Mordor and that’s it.

• Rizlar says:

It’s more real than real life.

• pilouuuu says:

I believe that right now the only game that may look better is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I’d love Star Citizen to have some more worlds with more nature that look like that!

• PaladinGunn says:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I, for one, totally hate SC art direction, and I think the devs are using too much cheap lighting and reflection effects.

But as I said earlier, progress is a good thing.
        I really hope that they’ll show other kind of cities or planets, and that what was shown here won’t be the template for every city in the game.

• Rizlar says:

Indeedy! It is a very pretty planet but Nar Shadda in SWTOR is very, very pretty. Take from that what you will…

3. Love Albatross says:

Citizen Con 2014

Seems about right.

4. tomimt says:

This is the first time I’ve been actually impressed with Star Citizen vids. It’s pretty obvious they have ambitious goals, but it still remains to be seen if they can actually pull it off.

• rabbit says:

same. I’ve been keeping an eye on it but so far, i’m definitely more optimistic about elite than I am SC.

that said, this video, while it’s obviously just a teeny tiny little slice they’ve prepared for demo purposes, was… well, I said, out loud, ”oh my god…..” when they first came out into the planet.

• krisk7 says:

Let me look at my crystal ball: it says you will leave ED as soon as SC PU comes out :)

• bill says:

Me too.

That might be because I’ve wanted a game where I could run around the interior of the ship for decades.

5. Smoof says:

Maybe I’m just a cynical old man now, but I’ve seen countless games come and go, all promising the world; while this looks cool, I’ll not let my imagination wander too far.

• P.Funk says:

Only a fool would offer that jaded assertion since Star Citizen is clearly one of the biggest exceptions to the history of big titles offering the world. I say this not as a fan but as someone who can clearly see how the circumstances of this game’s development are fundamentally different. If someone can’t see the difference between SWTOR and Star Citizen for instance (two games that promise big with massive budgets) then they’re just deliberately ignorant because thats beneficial to their jaded nature.

• poetfoxpaul says:

“I say this not as a fan. . .”

Wanna bet?

• Snow Mandalorian says:

I wish we had a comment system that allowed us to upvote comments. Sometimes people say clever things that would be ruined by a reply where an upvote would suffice.

• honuk says:

what is this post even supposed to mean

man this game does weird shit to people

which I suppose is why it can charge them thousands of dollars for things that don’t yet exist within a game that doesn’t yet exist.

• fish99 says:

It’ll be an exception when it delivers.

• Amun says:

Can we ban people from the site for being this stupid, please? I mean seriously, what the fuck:

“Only a fool would offer that jaded assertion since Star Citizen is clearly one of the biggest exceptions to the history of big titles offering the world”

>_>

lurkalisk says:

I sure hope not. RPS has not, historically, been so mean spirited as your post here.

• P.Funk says:

I think people are funny in how they assume they know what people think or who they are.

I don’t own Star Citizen, haven’t dropped a penny into it, nor do I own Elite Dangerous or have spent a penny on that.

I do however note the radical departure from traditional big budget game development in a crowdfunded project that has a relatively transparent development cycle. Usually the bigger the budget the less we know until they finally have to let us play it. SWTOR was carefully marketed until it released and people finally realized how it actually was, which was quite different than we thought. This game however is going to be a benchmark for future faith in massive kickstarters. It could be a massive disappointment, but its also a different beast to just about anything else in game development and that deserves note just so we can examine it.

Its an interesting experiment and just saying ‘its like all the rest’ is silly. I don’t care if it succeeds either way, but its definitely going to be different watching it unfold.

PS. RPS commenters, you disappoint me. More of you are like the rest of the internet than I thought.

6. Lacero says:

I’m as cynical as they come, but if other people have paid for this kind of city scape video art to be made I’m happy to consume it. It’s beautiful.

That there may one day be a game is even better.

7. Hex says:

Oh my shit finally one of these games lets you get up and walk around?! I may have to get into a space sim after all. (That’s literally the only feature I’ve ever wanted in one of these games. Being a spaceship with a personality has never really grabbed me.)

Wisq says:

To be fair, “X: Rebirth” did that almost a year ago, and “Space Trader: Merchant Marine” did it back in 2008. But the former was a huge letdown compared to previous entries in the series, and the latter didn’t review too well either.

Here’s hoping Star Citizen can buck the trend so far.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

And that’s why “what” you do is meaningless without the proper “how”.

Not that i’m in the position to claim that SC will do it right, off course.

• Docs says:

That’s definitely one of the biggest draws for me, not only can you get up and walk around, you can even have other players crew the ship, larger capital ships will have all the various stations you’d expect from engineering to navigation, med bays etc.

Plus you’ll be able to get up and repair parts of the ship both inside and out if needed, as well as board enemy ships. If they manage to pull of the whole multi-crew ship component it could be a real selling point for the game.

8. Retro says:

I’m already annoyed enough by the ~16s animation in Elite Dangerous when your ship gets moved into the hangar just for checking out the upgrade modules a given station has.. I can’t imagine ppl enduring al these animations all the time.. after you’ve seen them 2-3 times everybode will skip them.. so not a wise investment IMO.

Also, link to youtube.com – can you imagine your car thanking you everytime for using ‘BMW’ (or Chrysler or whatever) you take the key out of the ignition? This stuff is nice for wooing audiences (and squeezing more $$$ out of them) but it does not make a good game..

• fugitecaelum says:

That’s not your ship thanking you. That’s the comms tower.

9. Krazen says:

The fly-by into the hanger was nice eye candy but honestly the first thing that came to mind when I saw the figure city walking was Mass Effect. ME 1 at that.

10. Gurrah says:

Wait, let me get this right. They’re wasting their time with the development of planet-side interaction, granted a promised feature, while the big premise of the game – being a pilot in space, you know the thing they’re selling digital spaceships for priced hundreds of dollars – isn’t even close to completion? Wow, if I had backed them I’d be thoroughly pissed.

• derbefrier says:

with 3 internal studios plus a few outsourced ones I think they may have had this amazing idea of having people work on different aspects of the game at the same time in order to speed up production. So no they are not wqasting thier time and there is no reason to be pissed.

• Docs says:

They have 280 people working on the game, trying to get all of them working on one thing at a time would be a pretty bad use of their resources. Especially when planet side content will make up a decent chunk of the game and is a pretty core element.

The demo is also partially to show off the map streaming tech that will allow them to create the huge seamless maps in Cryengine, that’s a pretty core component for the entire game.

• K_Sezegedin says:

I’m a backer, I’ve got my Aurora and am very unpissed. Your statement doesn’t even make sense. I seem to remember planetside interaction being part of the core Star Citizen concept.

All components are important and its not like the game is going to get to release with only the planetside part finished, no one is ‘wasting time’ use your brain.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

GAH! Can people stop with this incredibly stupid assumption that game dev studios can only do one thing at a time.
      Have you ever heard the phrase “too many cooks spoil the broth”?. They can’t just put their entire dev team onto flight mechanics to speed it up. They have a core team who’s job it is to work on that, adding more people just adds confusion and does not help at all. They also have other teams, people they have hired to do OTHER things dictated by the stretch goals, that is their job, the flight mechanics guys are working as normal and it will be ready when it’s ready.

• krisk7 says:

Please refrain from backing because you clearly have no idea what SC is about.

11. derbefrier says:

It was a cool live stream. Lots of info got pout out there and it sounds like 2015 is gonna be a big year for Star Citizen. We will see more and more features added to arena commander, multi crew combat, bigger arenas, planet side, the launch of the soical module, the first 10 levels of Squadron 42 and towards the end of the year the PU alpha will be comming together. From listening to Chris it sounds like he expects production to ramp up quite a bit now that the infrastructure for the studio itself and the game is solid. It also sounds like they are close to getting a lot of the leg work with the engine done. All and all sounds like they have made a good amount of progress.

12. spamenigma says:

Nowhere near the same league ofc… but just to add: Pulsar – Lost Colony (currently in dev) lets you have a mp ships crew, fly the ship whilst walking around… link to pulsarthegame.com

Mungrul says:

The ship HUD in that video is obnoxious, needlessly obscuring the view.
    I remain unconvinced by this game.

14. Moraven says:

The question is, is a feature like this worth having for hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Or would the basic and simple menu and map like in Privateer been enough?

I hope this is skippable and I do not have to spend 30 minutes to do what I need to do so that I can be back in space doing shooty things.

• mashkeyboardgetusername says:

This. That customs scanning process especially looks like it’d be getting infuriating by the 20th odd time. If there’s an option to just buy/sell cargo and upgrade your ship without getting out then that’d be cool, just so there’s options for both people that want to do the planetary stuff and those that just want to do the space-y stuff.

• irongamer says:

While I agree that landing the ship should be a sequence you can skip, unless it has a mini game aspect or is masking a loading screen.

I’d venture a guess that the customs scanning is just masking a loading screen. If this is the case which do you want? A dark screen showing a spinning loader icon or an in game customs scanner. Same goes for the ship landing, they are very likely loading assets during the landing process or perhaps during the atmospheric entry.

• mashkeyboardgetusername says:

I know they’re probably loading screens, it just looks tedious to go through again and again. If there’s an option for doing it through menus from space like…
          – WARNING – I am about the mention Elite Dangerous in an article about Star Citizen – WARNING – Possible arguments ahead – WARNING –
          …in Elite Dangerous where it’s just a menu that you use from your cockpit then that’d be great for me. I just don’t want to go through those loading screens if I don’t have to.

Not saying the planets shouldn’t be there, I think all this planetside stuff is cool for those that want it, (more immersive and all that,) it’s just not for me – I’d be playing this game for the space stuff.

• irongamer says:

I agree about visiting a store or similar things. While it is interesting to have a landing dock and city square, if all I’m there for is a store it will feel like a bunch of fluff after the first time or two. Just load the store and be done with it. =)

• fugitecaelum says:

There are options to go through a more streamlined menu. It’s called MobiGlas in game and it acts as multitool where you’ll be able to control not only various aspects of your ship but also social organizations and small things like cargo management – negating the need to go on planet if you already know what you want to purchase/sell.

Some concept art:
            link to imgur.com

From the stream (starts at 1hr24m):

• puffinmcpuffs says:

They already announced that. It’s called MobiGlass and was featured during the livestream a little. It’s basically a fancy smartphone which allows you to send future email, do your future purchases and all that future stuff you do in the future.

But you will need to do planetside stuff sooner or later. Or you will have someone else to do it for you. But even the SP campaign will feature some FPS/planetside gameplay. It’s not a “stay in your cockpit all the time” type of game.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

That’s the thing with Elite, they do far more sensible things.

Sometimes it’s also cool to have someone try the opposite, though. It will be harder to pull off correctly, it will have downsides, but it’s something i want to see regardless.

15. Billzor says:

I still don’t understand how the persistent universe part works. It is like EVE where everyone’s in the same universe? Is it instanced?

• derbefrier says:

Heh join the club. I can help out a bit though.

1. It will be one universe but it will be instanced and there will be a player cap on those instances. This is because cryengine and them wanting to maintain the fidelity they want in the game. No one knows what the player cap will be yet.

2. It will be like eve in a lot of ways in terms of how the universe is being built and presented from the sound of it.

3. A lot of this is subject to change so take it with a grain of salt.

16. shagen454 says:

I don’t understand all the huffing & puffing & doubting about Star Citizen. They seem to make decent progress all the time. I’m down for the long-haul and will give them my money – even as a hangar/racing game – it’s interesting.

If all goes bad there is still Elite: Dangerous, which has been worth the $75.00 for the beta and is definitely my vote for game of the year at this point. For Elite I’m already down to invest in some joysticks, Oculus Rift & a huge bag of weed = mindblown.

• Hobbes says:

Get a thrustmaster HOTAS.

Do it now.

Right now.

I’m not kidding.

I’ve been dogfighting in my sidewinder with it. It’s been night and day in terms of how immersive the experience is. All I need now is a rift and frankly I’ll move my PC to the bathroom and then I can save myself getting up for the necessities. It’s that big a jump forward.

17. Stevostin says:

Apparently they’re really decided on making my dream game from when I was 12. This is intimidating to watch now that I am 39.

• krisk7 says:

So we should recon you have grown up? Come on … be serious.

18. Zenicetus says:

Since this part of the game is an MMO, it’s hard for me to avoid the thought of a few dozen people bunny hopping and dancing around that plaza, like it’s Orgrimmar or something. Maybe it won’t be that way.

The grimy shop interior was good. Some of the other interiors looked a little too much like Mass Effect with all the smooth angles and polished floors, but I guess that’s hard to avoid in a space game at this point.

19. totem42 says:

I’m looking forward to seeing the AI go insane once the persistent universe kicks in. 100000 NPC’s all flying into the same planet to trade 1 piece of ore, planets where the moment you land all the NPCs decide to shoot you, random wars that break out for half an hour and then end….it’s going to be fun.

• Arglebargle says:

And that would be just one of the many, many things that will probably go wrong with this game.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

Honestly the one trepidation I have with both this and Elite is the whole persistent universe stuff. While it sounds cool as hell, EVE has basically turned into “How to be dicks to each other: The Game”. I sorely hope these games don’t attract those sorts of people en-masse who are routinely going to ruin other peoples play time by being dickheads just because they think it’s funny.

• Zenicetus says:

I don’t know how Star Citizen plans to deal with that, but the design of the new Elite seems like it’s purpose-built to avoid being “EVE-with-joysticks,” which is driving some EVE players nuts at the moment in the forums, and that’s kinda fun to watch.

In Elite:D you can play Solo Online, where you’re alone but interacting with the economy and galactic events. Basically a singleplayer game, and there will be another completely offline version of that, later on. You can join friends in a Private Online group where you can only see your friends and NPC’s. Or you can go into All Online mode where you’ll be with all other players in that mode. But the Galaxy they’re modeling is so huge, and the networking model is so different, that there can’t be choke points or other massive EVE-style territorial interactions.

If you watch the forums, you can see how this is driving the PvP/Ganking EVE players crazy, trying to wrap their heads around how to fit their playstyle into this game. It can’t be done, and I give David Braben and his crew major props for coming up with this design.

• PaladinGunn says:

oh yeah, I remember seeing several threads of dozens of pages about this.
          The funniest part was that some Eve players were trying to use reverse psychology on the devs, saying that the game was more and more Eve like, and that it needed more PvP to avoid to be a “subpar Eve online”.

David Braben has made a point of saying the the game is brought around Co-op and that they’re working on making sure that griefers will get trashed by the police.
          PvPers are to be a minority, and pirating will require a lot of preparation, and possibly a squad of teammates, as it should.

• FireStorm1010 says:

This is really what attracts me to it. After in past having played Eve for 10 years. i am tottaly not interested in mmorpg pvp aspects, wants to play it as single player game. I dont want to think all time about blob campers, compete with players who can play 5 hours/day 7 days a week, etc. Im not saying its wrong, there was a time i loved it in Eve, but at this point its tottaly not for me So yeah , for me its great stuff and a selling point of Elite. I am never playing betas, but its atm a 100% buy for me when it comes out.

• ParasiteX says:

I believe they talked about having some kind of PvP slider in Star Citizen. Where you can adjust how likely you are to enter an instance with players or not. So if you turn it all the way to PvE, then you will rarely if ever meet other players. But the further out you go from core system the more likely you are to wind into an instance with other players, even with slider all the way to PvE. But this may change once persistent module gets released, as this was info i read months ago.

20. Adrastos42 says:

I really need to stop following info on Star Citizen when I’m at uni, it makes me want to fire up the alpha and play it, but I l left my desktop at home and my laptop can barely handle the hangar, nevermind actual dogfighting…

21. racccoon says:

The orientation blue disc is way too big in that ship. Overall it looks kind of ok, The animation in the workshop was to over repetitive quickly, it needed to stop & work. I also didn’t see the need for a normal like trolly near the shops counter, for a future predicted game on moving small objects, I would of thought it would of been a robotic small fork lift or mech suit… Overall its a good job done but, some things placed & models built are really way too close to norm of today’s world, I could not see these designs being set in a futuristic time. They need far more adventurous expression in design & ideas. They of course do have a little placed in game, but not enough of the obvious is seen, mostly its just placed from our time with a little dressing up.

22. BillyBantam says:

I backed Elite as at the moment the whole experience seems a lot more complete. I am really interested in Star Citizen and will probably end up playing it once it develops into something more cohesive. If they can deliver on everything they have promised then it will be worth it.

One thing I can’t get my head around (and maybe some of the SC feedbackers can offer their thoughts), why are people paying such ridiculous amounts of money for the ships? Especially as its pretty much been confirmed (although correct me if I’m wrong) that you will be able to earn ingame money to buy them. Just seems a bit crazy that somebody would spend $325 of real world money on a virtual item.

• fugitecaelum says:

I would say that *most* people (not all I’m sure) pay that amount of money not really for the ship but knowing that it will all be going directly towards developing the game. That’s the beauty of this project.

• ParasiteX says:

Another thing to consider that most people who back this are old Wing Commander fans. who are all in their 30s to 50s now. With loads of disposable income. Then also add the fact that we haven’t had a really good space sim in a loong while, not counting the X-series games that i have mixed feeling about.. But also the fact that we havent had any good MMO styled space sims. We have had some tho, like Jumpgate and Vendetta Online.. but they are in my opinion shit.. Tends to make one willing to throw a lot of money at the screen if one is a massive space sim fan.

Besides, some of the packages will include some nice physical swag at release. Like collectors box stuff.
        I for one did not pony up $250 just for a ship. I wanted the cool extras as well. Plus i was willing to take the risk on this. With full knowledge that this whole thing could all just fail.
        I also considered the ludicrous amount of money I’ve payed in subscription fees on various other MMOs. Where you usually par around $180 a year in just subscription fees. Suddenly $250 or for that matter $325 doesn’t seem so high anymore for a game one plans to spend a lot of time playing.