CoD Advanced Warfare Launches Trailer, Not Game

Mitchell's just seen your twitter account

It’s a good year for videogame trailer one-liners, but who would have guessed at the start of the year that the best of them would be delivered by Kevin Spacey? The poster-boy of this year’s Call of Duty installment and for Evil Capitalism actually says the name of the game in the launch trailer. That’s bold – and I’ve never smiled so hard at something so cliché.

Ah, name-dropping. The epitome of class. I’m also quite looking forward to all the explosions, gruff shouting and doing this a lot:

You would think that a “launch trailer” would be the final piece of pre-release marketing for a game, but there’s been even more since this one was posted earlier this week. First there was this video of what a collection of pro Dutyers thought after a short play session. Then the Juventus football team received what I can only presume was a delivery of cool meats. The minimum and recommended specs are also now available on Steam and are quite hefty. The game’s out on November 4th.

As for best trailer one-liners of all time, that’s gotta go to this, dunnit?

Top comments

1. TrueSpite says:

CoD trailers are really asking for it:

and ofcourse:
  1. brat-sampson says:

Biggest release of the year coming November 4th, I can’t wait!

What, CoD’s out as well? I was talking about BoI Rebirth.

Re. actual news item, the game looks appreciably stunning, but depending on if they’ve adjusted the gameplay of the SP campaign from previous iterations I don’t know how excited I should be. Plus, unless I swap out half the components in my PC it wont really look like that anyway…

• Jackablade says:

1% of the gameplay time for mere twenty times the cost. Bargain!

To be fair there probably aren’t many games in existence that offer the kind of value for money that BoI does and Rebirth shall.

• liquidsoap89 says:

All I can hope is that I finish some of the games I’m currently juggling before BoI comes out. There’s no hope after that…

2. Stellar Duck says:

That Kevin Spacey android was super creepy!

I wish they’d stop using real peoples faces.

Also, if Frank Underwood plays this on House of Cards is that too meta?

• atticus says:

There should be a mission in this CoD where the player has to rescue Frank Underwood from an assasination orchestrated by CoD-Spacey, and then Frank Underwood can play that mission on House of Cards just before someone tries to assasinate him.

3. atticus says:

Call of Spacey: Advanced Marketing.

Nice graphics and action, though group of soldiers shouting “hoorah” always makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

• Gap Gen says:

Yeah, it looks like Titanfall was the best thing to happen to the CoD franchise.

• Hex says:

Hundreds (if not thousands) of groups of US soldiers (and marines and sailors and airmen) really do shout similar things on a daily basis, worldwide.

Yay!

4. Gap Gen says:

“What you’re seeing is advanced warfare”
    *square formation of soldiers that wouldn’t look out of place on a Roman battlefield goes HOO-RAH*

(I should stop being quite so snidey, this trailer at least looks like a barrel of fun)

5. TrueSpite says:

CoD trailers are really asking for it:

link to youdubber.com

link to youdubber.com

and ofcourse:
    link to youdubber.com

6. Spacewalk says:

That harpoon looks like a good time do we know yet if we can do it on all enemies or only on specifically marked enemies. Can we also use it to rip doors off the hinges or is the AI that’s only allowed to. Or do we need the AI to help us remove the door from our hook before we can continue.

Will you get to harpoon dogs or was that in the other game. What if the harpoon was a miniature dog and will this dog be able to open doors for us.

• Hex says:

It looks to me like the harpoon fishes pilots out of Titans battlesuits. I’m guessing it can only be used on them.

I’m not certain how a wrist-mounted thingy busts a full-grown, 200 lbs man out of a 1-ton metal robot, but whatever.

Henke says:

Is that Troy Baker at the start?

edit: it is! link to playstationlifestyle.net

Wow. Well Mr Baker is a handsome fellow so I guess if they’ve got him doing the voice acting already it makes sense to scan in that pretty mug of his as well.

• Moraven says:

Most of his work on AAA is full on Gollum style acting in suit and face capturing.

Downside is if they do not add enough variation to the face of the character, they start to become to similar. Last of Us, Infamous, Shadow of Mordor…

8. Laurentius says:

Oh come on. Over last two months bullshit trailer posts on RPS almost completely evaporated ( thanks to to supporter program I guess ? ), I was so happy that RPS is withstanding all this marketing hype (Cod included ), and now this ? Don’t go there RPS !

• Barberetti says:

RPS always show the trailers for the CoD games. Doesn’t stop them ripping the actual game to shreds.

9. Reapy says:

Just watch this trailer thinking what the F happened to those awesome world war 2 games? Oh well.

Henke says:

The market became oversaturated with “awesome WW2 games” and everyone started making modern military games instead. Then the market has became oversatured with modern military games so now everyone is making futuristic warfare games instead. Don’t worry, we’ll probably go back to WW2 once everyone is fed up with this stuff.

10. spectone says:

All that shooting in the video and yet I saw no blood, is that what they mean by advanced warfare?

11. Slice says:

Scoff all you want at CoD — I personally am looking forward to its nuanced story-telling, its thought-provoking exploration of masculinity and emotional vulnerability, and its party member romance options. “Hey, Biff, I found this laser rifle with laser sight and underslung laser grenade launcher and I… I thought you might like it. [Blushes] Naw, go on, take it bro. So, um, wanna go get a cup o’ coffee and talk about our hopes and dreams?”

12. zat0ichi says:

play through SP campaign once and delete.

13. Hmm-Hmm. says:

That music. I guess that pretty much makes it clear it’s not about anything serious. Kinda like Borderlands, althought that has better music. And gameplay.

The footage itself.. is quite ridiculous. It’s like a parody of a real game(trailer).