Welcome To Eternal Night Vale

Reading this ALT text is illegal

Always trust victory. Only ever trust childhood. How could you trust what you can always see?

Welcome to Night Vale…

[doodle-de-doo! doodle de doo doooo. doodle de doo! etc etc]

Which is my way of telling you that there’s an Eternal Night Vale show creator which came out of ProcJam* thanks to Kate Compton. (The Sheriff’s secret police are NOT investigating.)

It’s a great little tool which condenses the tone and main elements of the show into just a few paragraphs. It’s only really effective the first couple of times because you rapidly realise only a few elements are changing so it’s closer to a text version of those children’s books where you flip bits of an image to make mix and match animals. Except with illegal spiders and a weather section.

Speaking of which – and now, the weather…

Eternal Night Vale is definitely worth a peek if you’re already fond of Welcome To Night Vale. I think for outsiders it won’t make much sense at all, though. I’ll probably load up the page every once in a while as I wait for new episodes to become available.

Goodnight, Night Vale. Goodnight.

*Oh, to hear Cecil Himself say “ProcJam”

From this site

1. Monggerel says:

you’re illegal

2. Vitamin Powered says:

It would be amazing if the 10th news article every play was the weather report.

3. Axess Denyd says:

Night Vale is incredibly resourceful. They are the best at both coming up with amusing shows and finding the most godawful bands in existence. Seriously, there have only been like three weather segments that don’t make me want to punch my radio.

• Bradamantium says:

I’ve seen a great many opinions in my day, Axess, and I have to say that yours right here is the most wrong of them.

• Axess Denyd says:

I’ve seen a lot of hyperbole, but this is the most…hyperbolish.

artrexdenthur says:

Yeaaaaah, no Axess is right for the most part :) About the songs, that is. Axess is entirely right about the amusing shows.

• Jackablade says:

I don’t hate that track that’s linked. Sure, it’s that particular brand milquetoast pop that clogs up the airways like a matted ball of hair in the shower drain, but it’s not especially offensive.

4. Jackablade says:

Is Nightvale something that one can pick up at this point? I’ve heard nothing but good things, but would I need to listen through a million-billion hours of podcasts to have any idea what’s going on?

Harlander says:

There’s quite a lot of episodes, but they’re only twenty minutes long each. Live episodes (which are longer) aside, there’s 18 hours of it.

You can jump in at the end, but you’ll miss out on a lot of stuff from previous episodes, including the occasional burst of actual continuous storytelling (as opposed to the more stand-alone nature of most of the episodes)