What Are You Playing This Weekend?

Yep, I'm doing all of this. And in games.

Oh, sorry dear, I didn’t mean to go on, to dictate your every action this weekend. I only want what’s best for you, you know. Don’t pull that face. I do care about you and about what you want. Go on, tell me: what are you playing this weekend?

All right, all right, simmer down. Sometimes I forget the mouth you’ve got on you. Strewth. If you’re going to be like that, I’ll tell you what I’m up to. Other than holding your hand through every step of this weekend, of course.

I’m still having a gay old time playing my way through 7 Day FPS entries. I’m delighted with the range of games, the clever ideas people have for FPSs. I’ll probably highlight a few more favourites with RPS posts then do a big “And these were nice too…” roundup.

I’m enjoying making videos. I’m trying to make more for RPS in general, mostly because I like talking in that calm tone but Pip gets irate if I do it anywhere near her. It’s only a little patronising. Getting into the swing of videoing is fun. I’m being jolly serious about it, recording take after take until I have what I want – over 30 for that Photobomb video as I tried to get the right balance of difficulty, demonstration, and having time to explain. Then retakes and redubs of voicovers… it all takes me ages. I suspect no one would notice if I just threw any old thing together, but I enjoy it.

I might also give first-person mutilator Chivalry: Medieval Warfare a crack during its free weekend.

Anyway dear, you were telling me what you’re playing this weekend?

1. ran93r says:

I’m hoping to spend some time with Dubious Port 4, my GPU is only just minimum spec though which is a little off putting, as a few recent titles have been ok I figured Far Cry would be passable, it isn’t.
    Some of it is due to the port for sure but a lot is due to me needing an upgrade.

Hey ho!

2. K33L3R says:

Neverwinter Nights 2 and the Walking Dead Season 1, the pile of un-played games is shrinking :-) Refusing to buy any more until I’ve finished these two, Shadows of Mordor, Alien, Crysis and Fear 2

3. Rizlar says:

I’m playing the old fashioned why hasn’t my game arrived yet FUCK YOU ROYAL MAIL.

• welverin says:

Ooo, I’m playing that too (LittleBigPlanet 3), I at least have Dragon Age: Inquisition to keep me occupied though.

• Rizlar says:

You bastard.

• jezcentral says:

I was at work hammering the refresh button on Amazon’s track-your-package page. It finally registered as delivered at 4pm, so I made my excuses and left. When I got home, I installed DAI and started it three times before I was happy with my character. Seriously, the wrong eyebrows can be SO off-putting. :)

• Rizlar says:

Welp, time to drink myself into a coma on tequila and tears. Maybe when I wake up it will be Monday and the post will have arrived.

Hope you enjoy your new eyebrows! (not really)

4. TeeJay says:

Minecraft – playing it again for the first time since 2011 and finding all the changes and updates interesting

5. Anthile says:

I’m still busy with Dragon Age 2. I just can’t seem to finish it. I hope I can make it this weekend.

• ansionnach says:

I quite enjoyed this one – almost everything wrong with it could be traced back to it being rushed. Some good things about it, too. Really disliked the ending, though – felt a bit cheated like in ME3. Have fun!

• malkav11 says:

I felt like Dragon Age II’s ending was so much worse than ME3’s, even though I hated both. ME3’s was brief, nonsensical, jarringly disconnected with the rest of the storyline, and had no payoff. But the part that was bad was maybe the last 15-30 minutes, tops. Dragon Age II’s entire third act goes so far off the rails into hamhanded and terrible writing, plotting and characterization as to really sour me on the whole game. It’s not just a swing and a miss at the end, it’s hours and hours of awful and apparently deliberate sabotage of everything achieved to that point.

It’s too bad. It’s not Dragon Age II’s only problem (I also hated the combat and didn’t much like the changes to the RPG systems, and it was dreadfully repetitive in both environments and combat encounters), but it’s easily the most damning. One can put the game down to Easy and slog through the combat on one’s way to enjoyable characters and narrative, but if the characters and narrative turn awful, there’s no salve for that.

• ansionnach says:

DA2’s ending is a bit like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in that it’s practically independent of everything that happened before it. Would have happened anyway had the heroes just gone down to the pub and forgot about the whole thing.

The repetitiveness was probably something to do with it being rushed, possibly the third act, too? I thought the combat was an improvement over Origins. It was faster, the skill trees were better thought-out, as were skill combinations and counters and contact just “felt” better (not floaty like in Origins). Could have done with a floating overhead view and not forcing your party to be always within twenty feet of each other (the rock wraith and Corypheus are lessons in abject boss design).

Encounters could be quite rewarding on Nightmare (but nowhere near as much as in Origins), but there was no sign of balancing as the difficulty spiked and troughed all over the place. They were also way too cheap as they didn’t see a problem with teleporting fresh waves in behind your wizards. The waves worked in Mass Effect because it was sci-fi and they weren’t done as awfully cheaply. They were obviously trying to make it into another Mass Effect the way they portrayed your “crew” as being mates ninety-eight (whether you liked it or not). A lot of problems… but I did enjoy it. Wish I could have been able to put Fenris out of his misery and told Isabela where to go, though!

• amateurviking says:

I just finished that yesterday. Notched the difficulty down to ‘casual’ and plowed through it. Really enjoyed it for the most part. Liked the immediacy of the combat (but it definitely outstayed it’s welcome), liked the characters and story (although as mentioned above, Act 3 was a bit off).

Got the impression this may have been originally pitched as a ~15hr expansion in the ‘Awakening’ mold but when a suit at EA got told it was going to be 4 years between Origins and Inquisition they spat their dummy out, slapped a ‘2’ on it and shoved it out of the door.

6. TheApologist says:

The Baldur’s Gate 2 playthrough continues. 107 hours and counting. Still loving it. But I’m no longer sure I want Pillars of Eternity or Dragon Age Inquisition or any of the other games I was eyeing up for the Christmas break…

7. MOKKA says:

Same as last Week: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (still waiting for my arms to fell off).
    I try to look into a bunch of 7DFPS Games as well.
    I also got the complete Edition of Neverwinter Nights 2 off of GoG. I played the original and Storm of Zehir, but never got Mask of Betrayer, so I’m excited to take a look at that sometime.

8. Xocrates says:

Bought The Marvellous Miss Take on a whim and I’m quite enjoying it so far. Controls are not amazing, but the game itself is lovely.

• jezcentral says:

That would have been my pick, had DAI not booked me up to next April.

9. Rikard Peterson says:

I bought a steering wheel this week, only to find that the racing games I play the most don’t really work with a wheel. (The developers of Blur for example clearly never tried their game with anything but a standard XBox controller.) I was naive enough to expect any racing game to be improved by this addition, which is not true. So I’m trying out racing game demos to find a game that played well with the wheel without being a sim.

(My “no sim” requirement comes from having the game Grand Prix 3, complete with its 174 page manual. With all assists enabled, I’ve still barely been able to get around a lap, much less compete. I don’t want to put in that much work in it before being able to have fun. Have these games become more accessible since 2000?)

Something that makes the selection of games even smaller is that I want a split-screen game most of all. My main reason for getting the wheel was that I’ve never been able to convince my father to try a racing game with me. “I can’t use these controllers. If the car was driven by a wheel, I’d be in.” So I figured I’d have a steering wheel when I come home for Christmas, and hook up my PC to my parent’s tv. With three controllers and one wheel, it could be fun, if I just can find the right game.

Suggestions are welcome.

• Faldrath says:

Most sims have indeed become more accessible since GP3 – with assists, you should be able to drive pretty much anything out of the box (except maybe some hardcore mods). But since you want a splitscreen game (there are very few of those for PC), I think the best suggestion right now is Grid Autosport. It’s what the sim community calls a “simcade” (somewhere between pure simulation and pure arcade), very forgiving with all assists on, plays very nicely with most wheels.

edit: I’ve never played splitscreen in Grid Autosport, mind you. I just know the option is there, so do some research to see if it works properly, etc.

• Rikard Peterson says:

Thanks. Good to know I shouldn’t write off the genre completely.

I’ll look into Grid Autosport. (Grid 2 is one of the demos I’ve tried. I wasn’t immediately hooked, but maybe it’ll get better after playing it a bit more and getting used to it. Is Autosport similar? There doesn’t seem to be a demo for that.)

• Faldrath says:

I think Autosport is much better than Grid 2 for two reasons: first, there’s a cockpit view (even though they’re blurry), which helps immersion immensely; second, the driving model is more realistic and less arcadey. In Grid 2, powersliding is almost always faster than driving “properly”. In Autosport, that’s not the case (assuming your dad likes cars, he’d probably like Autosport’s handling model more). But yeah, shame there isn’t a demo. Graphically the games are very similar, so if you can run Grid 2 you can run AS.

edit: we do have a Racing Games subforum that’s pretty active, even though we tend to focus more on sims. When you’re used to the wheel and feel ready to take the plunge into sims (it will happen! ;) go check it out.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

Yep.

Also, on most arcade games like Blur, a wheel is mostly a hindrance rather than an upgrade, it’s better to have something faster.

A wheel is more or less an instrument for immersion, it starts being also an invaluable tool provided that the right game is actually asking for utmost precision rather than just quick reflexes.

• JKLauderdale says:

Split/Second is probably the only realistic PC racing game that allows for split screen. Outside of the “realistic” angle, maybe try Sonic All Stars? Both games are currently $20(USD)

• Rikard Peterson says:

Split/Second is on my list of games to investigate. (Actually, it’s already on my Steam wishlist. If it ends up in a sale, I’ll probably get it.)

Sonic, I already have and like, but it’s one of those that doesn’t play well with the wheel. (It “works”, but it’s not very playable.)

I’ve now tried the demos of the Trackmania 2 games. They feel great with the wheel. Too bad that I’m not a big fan of the “race against the clock” gameplay.

• Zanchito says:

I hope I’m replying to the right comment: not a racing game, but euro truck simulator is extremely enjoyable with a racing wheel.

• Rikard Peterson says:

Thanks. It doesn’t have split screen, though, does it? (Which means that it could be fun for me to try out on my own, but it doesn’t seem like a party game for Christmas fun.)

Edit: Ooh – ETS2 has a demo on Steam, and is on sale at the moment. I’m now downloading it.

• melnificent says:

Funnily enough I have a spare ETS2 key. As your profile links to your website I’ve found a contact form and sent you it as no-one should be without ETS2.

Enjoy

SoundDust says:

Dragon Age : Inquisition, for the third day. Good times.

• JiminyJickers says:

Yeah me too. I had to restart because I didn’t figure out the Dragon Age Keep thing for setting up the backstory initially. Also, my character looked horrible once in the game. I wish they let you change appearance in game, haha.

Really enjoying it so far. Just wish the tactical camera could zoom out a bit more.

11. Eight Rooks says:

Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Assassin’s Creed: the Frenchening, mostly. No, wait, that sounds wrong. Anyway. It’s okay, Ubisoft, I love Unity even if no-one else does. Seriously, I do; videogame Revolutionary Paris is awesome.

12. Laurentius says:

Tie-Fighter / Freelaner or Privateer 2 / maybe to change setting a bit of GTA4 or Witcher2.

13. benjamin says:

Warlock: Masters of the Arcane – a simple version of Civ 5 where by turn 20 you can have a giant ogre bashing a city. In my book that’s always a win.

On Sunday I shall be co-oping Baldurs Gate – never would have played it on my own but great fun with a friend and two wild mage characters!

14. SpacemanSpliff says:

Endless legend. It is just so F-king good. It nails the 4x genre so perfectly. I’ll spend so much time a turn staring at the map and just plotting I almost forget to play the damn game.

• hommebarbu says:

I spent the day playing endless legend. It’s still pretty buggy though. I was 10 turns away from winning and the game bugged out on me. The AI just wouldn’t end it’s turn. Still, a great game. The art and atmosphere are amazing.

15. Stellar Duck says:

I was planning to play the new Dragon Age game but seeing as that doesn’t work I’ve uninstalled it again and will be playing Baldur’s Gate 2 instead, mixed with a bit of Football Manager 14.

I’ll never understand the people who say Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis are complex games. They’re basically rail shooters compared to Football Manager. :|

Also downloading Shadows of Mordor on Steam but that’ll take a while so I might not get round to it.

• Anthile says:

Football Manager is essentially Crusader Kings with higher stakes.

• Stellar Duck says:

I really need some new training councillors as the ones Peterborough starts with are less than perfect. And my striker vassals leave a lot to be desired so I’m manufacturing a claim on one of Wolverhamptons outgoing vassals as we speak.

16. Shadowcat says:

Maybe “Shadowrun: Dragonfall”. But probably just a few more random levels of “Hexcells”, in reality.

17. Kefren says:

Finishing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for the second time. The first couple of hours are a brilliant opening to a game. The long refinery section is a drag though. Currently on the boat levels. Had to apply a patch to be able to complete it, it is very buggy. Look forward to finishing it in one long session.

Andy_Panthro says:

Got myself a PS4 and GTA5, so will be playing that! (gaming PC still broken, will be investing in a new one in January)

19. clive dunn says:

Xcom: The Long War
    Found the vanilla way too easy but The Long War is balanced perfectly. Only maybe 20% through and really enjoying this game again. Missions have some jeopardy, good tactics pay off, rash decisions often punished but not over punishingly. They seem to have melded the good mechanics from vanilla onto expanded gameplay.
    Spent the whole night last night trying to raid a large landed UFO knowing full well that I am massively under strength and doomed to failure.
    I allow myself multiple reloads in these cases and treat it like a sandbox mission, where the idea is to get as many kills as you can before bailing out. Had a lovely memorable moment when last survivor from my squad was fleeing for his life with 12 crysallids chasing him. He got one square away from the airlift zone when a cheeky floater got in an overwatch shot. His body fell inches away from safety.
    This sort of drama really reminds me the original x-com and x-com Apoc.
    I’m using saving judiciously, complete squad wipes are reloaded, bugs (of which there seem to be mercifully few) which lead to deaths are reloaded but if my own bad tactics or canny alien play results in multiple deaths then so be it.
    Also having great fun naming my team after famous authors based on their nationalities. My crack shotgun squad of Albert Camus, Haruki Murakami and George Orwell are having a great time. William Burroughs and Matsuo Basho are forming a pretty good sniper duo.
    All in all I can definitely recommend the mod. Hoping the mid and late game remains balanced and challenging.

20. melnificent says:

I will be playing amuse the 4 year old and endless legend as broken lords.

21. CookPassBabtridge says:

Why are you channeling the spirit of a middle class dysfunctional mother with possible narcissistic tendencies? Is that a video game thing?

This weekend I’m playing F*CK YOU X99 MOTHERBOARD MANUFACTURERS and some dk2 demos including the very short VR experiment called “coffee without words”. Awesome, creepy vignette, worth checking out if you have a rift.

• TacticalNuclearPenguin says:

Hah, let me go for a very wild guess: Asus?

By all means though, please elaborate as X99 is something i’m still forcing the cautious part of my brain to actually want, no matter how much the damn thing is saying “NO!”.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Yeah Started with failed Deluxe, refunded after a semi traumatic amazon returns process, but now I’m struggling to find a mobo that doesnt have a ton of the same failures reported or other deal breaking attributes like terrible SLI slot placement.

What have you heard about ASUS if you don’t mind me asking?

22. Flea says:

Dragon Age: Inquisition all the way. Couldn’t wait for the weekend to come so I can dive into this world. Incredible, massive, beautiful, even if it does suffer from a mild case of consolitis.

23. Synesthesia says:

Probably some Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, and some Battle Of Stalingrad. It turned out to be pretty good for begginers like me, I’m being able to get on the learning curve much easier than with dcs or CoD.

Also Elite! The entire galaxy was just opened up… but i still don’t wanna burn myself out before release. I might just practice flying a bit with my comrade trucker.

24. Lahsbee says:

Soooooo much Dragon Age: Inquisition.

25. tumbleworld says:

This weekend I arr be mostly working. I hope to squeeze in a game of FTL somewhere.

26. malkav11 says:

WoW: Warlords of Draenor. In theory I may also play some Dragon Age Inquisition, but that’s not how Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday worked out. >.>

27. derbefrier says:

Dragon age inquisition and maybe some master chief collection and some table top gaming and beers with friends this evening.

28. Nasarius says:

Dwarf Fortress has been calling me again, and the starter pack for version 0.40.16 is free of major bugs. I’ve officially decided that it’s my favorite game ever; nothing comes close to its depth, and building a thriving fortress is so incredibly satisfying. Just use a few dfhack plugins to get rid of the micromanagement, and it’s wonderful.

I’ve played at least a hundred hours, and I’ve still never pumped magma up to my forges, mined adamantine, or killed a forgotten beast. There’s so much to do!

29. Spider Jerusalem says:

Inquisition multiplayer and Valkyria Chronicles. Probably a bit of Marvel Heroes as well.

And please do make more videos. Your videos are excellent.

30. JKLauderdale says:

Rift, maybe a bit of DA1 just to refresh the storyline. It’s rare that I have alot of time to sit and game these days so lengthy sessions in an RPG are set aside for sick days. DA:I is in my queue but likely not until early-mid January, after the rush of holiday parties and new year reveals

31. Pan Vidla says:

Like last week and the week before that, I’m still working my way through Pathologic. I’ve finished the story of the Bachelor last weekend and have been playing as Haruspicus now. I’m in the sixth day and I find the gameplay slightly more engaging than I did with Daniel Dankovski.

32. Moth Bones says:

I’ve sold some records and I’m thinking I’d quite like a new game. But which one?

After days of struggle, I’ve made peace with the fact that my laptop almost certainly won’t run Elite even at low settings, but it’s still the game I’d actually like to be playing, longueurs and all.

Never Alone looks very intriguing and I’d love to see a review or WIT on RPS. But, again, I’m not sure if ye lappy could manage it.

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm looks rather inviting, but I’ve bought so many wargames, played them a bit and then cast them aside.

I suppose there’s always the new Football Manager, but I’m still enjoying my FM14 campaign.

So I’ll probably just play some Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and save my money.

• JimmyG says:

Aw, I’m just coming off of a DCSS kick. I’ve only played about 40 characters since I started back in summer, and most of them are dumb fighters, so I’ve never seen a zone beyond the Lair, but shucks, I enjoy it. I should start experimenting with evocations and magic users. Half of the time when I die, I’m carrying a bunch of unidentified wands that maybe could’ve given me a fighting chance.

• Moth Bones says:

It took me over two years before I won a game. Best piece of advice I ever read is “Never move towards a monster”. There are occasional exceptions to this rule (e.g. a centaur is shooting at you, there is no cover and you do not yet have an effective ranged attack) but not many. Basically, most deaths occur because the player gets careless.

Since I discovered it I’m pretty sure I’ve played it more than any game that actually costs money; Football Manager is the only real competitor.

Waltorious says:

Always zap your unidentified wands to find out what they are! This is even easier in the newer versions where wands will auto identify even if you zap them at nothing.

Man, now I want to go play some Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup myself…

33. JimmyG says:

I’m trying to get through Legend of Grimrock for the first time. I was so excited starting out — I cut up the album art of Let It Be and made little 128×128 .tga files of the Beatles for my custom character portraits — but now, on Floor 9, I’m discouraged by the endlessly spawning blue velociraptors. John can take damage but usually misses his attacks, and Paul’s quite frail but evasive, and slick with a sword. Of course George makes a mellifluous mage. And as a bareknuckled rogue, Ringo doesn’t do much damage; but I couldn’t bear to put a weapon in his cheerful hands.

It’s a tough game anytime you’re facing more than one monster. I’m just glad I didn’t begin on hard mode …

Also, I’m downloading the new Pokemon game to my 3DS. But that can take a long time in northwest China.

34. fish99 says:

After finishing Skyrim I went back and played the last Dishonored DLC the Brigmore Witches this week. Good but pretty short, much like Knife of Dunwall. Both only have 2 full levels and one half level. Still it’s great to see some more of that awesome world (it’s the modern Thief in many ways), and can’t wait for Dishonored 2 .

I also started Lords of the Fallen, so that’ll probably occupy this weekend.

• thestjohn says:

I’ve got both those DLCs but only really played Knife of Dunwall. Been too busy to play Brigmore Witches, is it worth the time investment?

• malkav11 says:

I could swear it’s meant to be the better of the two.

• fish99 says:

The whale slaughter house level in Knife of Dunwall was my favourite level from the DLCs, but yeah Witches of Brigmore is well worth playing. It wraps up Dauds story nicely and has two good full size levels with some unique stuff in them.

35. Tutamun says:

Elite Dangerous (Gamma 1.0).
    That is if it will let me play. Servers seem to be having a hard time.
    Also I’m trying to play with Mouse/Keyboard as opposed to my CH Joystick/Throttle. It just takes too much space and too much time setting it up and putting it away.

I did not play much during Alpha or Beta. But now I want to see how things have come along.

Dear Servers, please let me play!

• Stellar Duck says:

It’s a good thing they have an offline more for when the servers are crapping their pants, eh?

• Tutamun says:

The funny thing is that an offline mode would not have helped me much. I want to play online multiplayer… the reason why I backed was because of multiplayer. I still feel for those who backed on the promise of an offline mode and who were let down by FDEV.

Well, the servers heard my prayer. I was able to play for an hour before I had to go. There were still some problems in the game.. like not seeing the landing indicator. Not sure if this was a server or peer to peer thing or rather my inability to approach from the correct direction. Touching down and sliding/scraping over the landing pad did do the trick. Next time I’ll need to get new paint for my trusty Sidewinder. ;-)

36. DarkFarmer says:

Rise of Nations! It was on steam for just 5 bucks, we got a four pack. Oh the memories. I was such a little baby man when I last played it.

the steam port(?) works great, supports larger resolutions, etc etc.

37. particlese says:

I find myself playing though Mass Effect 3 recently, after avoiding explicit spoilers since its release (other than that Shepard maybe sorta kinda definitely vaguely explodes for great justice and an escape from sequel purgatory). I loved the first game in the series, thought the second was an all-around mixed bag, and this third one is looking to be an extention of the second, complete with:

Consoletastic controls, repetitive combat, absurd setpieces, the occasional surprise minefield of relationship drama to tiptoe around, horrifically clichéd dialogue from time to time, uncanny and hideously tarted-up people…

…Yet also really addictive and fun combat which can be approached with some variety, nice scenery and the occasional really-cool-but-not-eye-rolling setpiece, no accidental unreasonable drama if you’re careful and consistent, some actually excellent bits of humor, and loads of text-based world-building.

I’m also a little bit sad that I apparently sent Thane to his doom at the end of the second game. The life support room is always so empty. :( Grunt’s gone, too, but his room was appropriated by a really old Jamaican.

• Csirke says:

Oooh, don’t worry, no one important dies off screen, if you do things right :)

• particlese says:

I can’t help but read way more into that than I probably should (“Shepard’s not important”, “it’s also nearly impossible to do things right”, “everyone gets gibbed in plain view”, …), but I have conciously decided to take it at face value, so: Yay! :)

Definitely enjoying the ride so far, at any rate.

38. Monggerel says:

Replaying Clear Sky (the STALKER that’s even more broken than the rest, somehow) and Kentucky Route Zero.
    Basically the same general idea.

• fish99 says:

The broken faction system in Clear Sky quite annoyed me. At some point you have to just forget about it and finish the game. The linear section the game ends with isn’t great either. There’s still a ton of fun to be had before that point though.

• Kaeoschassis says:

Honestly when you describe it that way, it might as well be Shadow of Chernobyl.
        I seriously love Clear Sky though. It’s one of those dear games I get super defensive about anytime someone says a bad word about it. Somehow despite being the most hugely broken mess of the STALKER series, it’s my favourite, basically just because even if it is a playground of bugs, it’s a huge and fun playground, and that’s what goddamned matters.
        Full disclosure, though, haven’t played COP yet.

39. Buuurr says:

Playing DA:I… I can’t really play anything else at the moment.

40. Palimpsest says:

Being consistently disappointed by Far Cry 4 and hopefully starting Valkyria

41. ansionnach says:

Hong Kong Mahjong by Nine Dragons. It’s not one of those tile matching games but the real game that’s a bit like Gin Rummy. It’s the 16-bit windows version. Installed win3.1 in DOSBox so I could play it after coming across it again. Have civ2 ready, as well. Might then close win3.1 and open up Alpha Centauri for a bit.

I’ve got the 32-bit version of civ2 (the multiplayer one with the annoyingly-aggressive AI) but I prefer the original. Nine Dragons seem to have a version of HKMJ that’ll run on 64-bit systems but I’m not buying the same game again!

42. Morph says:

Abandoning my PC to finally getting stuck into AC: Black Flag. A pirate’s life for me.

43. CloudPS says:

Civilization V – A Mod of Ice and Fire

44. Rojas says:

PES 2015..
    … still in period of adaptation.

45. Mr. Anderson says:

Planetside 2 for me if I find the time. Apparently there is a double XP weekend going on.
    Does anybody know if there will be a Station Cash sale in the near future?

• fish99 says:

I don’t know anything definite, but there’s usually a station cash sale for both black friday and christmas.

46. thestjohn says:

Busy working so only a few bouts of Titanfall to keep my hand in (after being pubstomped the other night by a few top-end competitive players I want to get better) and looking wistfully at DA:I and wishing I had more time.

• Buuurr says:

DA:I is not going to help you any if you are strapped for time. I love it… cannot stop playing.

47. Bracknellexile says:

Mostly feeding my Train Fever addiction. Ever since the optimisation patch and the addition of waypoints in the latest release it’s a) now playable and b) scratching that RailroadTycoon itch perfectly.

48. Csirke says:

More Far Cry 4! Loving it so far!

• Palimpsest says:

How? I’m finding it to be terrible.

• Csirke says:

Mostly exploring / open world-ing, with the map/minimap icons for chests and collectibles turned off. Moving around the world is mostly the same as in Far Cry 3, and I already loved it there. Now there’s more verticality, which the grappling also helps. So exploring’s a joy for me.

But, to be honest, I found the story okay so far too. While the main character, Ajay, is very weird, as in how/why does he know all the stuff he does, but I don’t dwell on it. And so far, I’ve found the other characters interesting enough. Their facial animation in cutscenes is great. They’ve said on Crate and Crowbar how the first 5 minute cutscene is meant to make you hate Pagan Min… well, I don’t know what their goal was, it definitely didn’t make me hate him, I like him in what a wonderful unashamed asshole he is. (Obviously I wouldn’t like him in real life.) I’m interested in where they are going with it. Of course, I’m only like 5-6 missions into the main story, I’m spending more time exploring, so it might get terribly boring later, but the open world exploration will still be there for me.

• Palimpsest says:

We’re playing it for different reasons then I suppose. I’m bored with Ubisoft’s open world formula and just wanted to enjoy the main story, but the incessant bugs, frustrating gameplay and mouse problems are making it a chore.

49. Comrade Roe says:

Dabble in some Arma, Planetside 2, and War Thunder, and maybe a bit of CS:GO and Intruder too. Then binge on EUIV.

50. EkoAzarak says: