Bang Thhhwpp Splat – Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 Announced

Hey robobuddy!

Given the option in an FPS, assuming I’m too far for a shotgun and the game’s stingy with revolver ammo, I’m awfully happy with a sniper rifle in my virtual hands. Great noises, sniper rifles. Popping heads with a bolt-action rifle, nervous that their pals are getting closer and closer, is up there with slide-kick-shotgunning and dual-pistol-side-diving on the list of Cool Ways To Kill Virtual Men. So here, CI Games have announced Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, and they want this one to be a little less cheap and cheerful.

The first two Ghost Warrior games were a little shoddy and sold at budget prices. GW3, they say, will be the “first AAA production effort” in the series. CEO Marek Tyminski added, “The Sniper: Ghost Warrior franchise is one of the most popular in the CI Games portfolio with over 5.5 million copies sold, so we’re investing a significant amount of effort into the third installment.” One imagines that’ll mean a AAA price tag too.

As for what 3 will bring, CI talk about “non-linear, sanbox-style gameplay on large open-ended maps” where you can shoot folks from afar, sneak around, and do normal shooty-shoots if you fancy too. And judging from the one piece of artwork we’ve seen from the game, that picture up top, we’re spliced with insect DNA and have a little robot friend.

CI plan to release Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in 2016.

1. Lobster9 says:

Nice gun, four-eyes!

*straightens glasses*

2. Radiant says:

One of those has to be a working pair of x-ray specs.

• Radiant says:

Cinema trips just became 3 quid cheaper.

• demicanadian says:

Sorry to nerd, but this are NV goggles designed for drivers, so they could look into mirrors without turning their heads.

• hamilcarp says:

Yeah, you just made that up. Those are panoramic night vision goggles and they’re designed to provide a wider field of view than traditional NVGs. Not designed for drivers, and the four lenses don’t provide four separate images but rather one wide, continuous panoramic view.

Source: actual nerd

• jpm224 says:

I may be wrong but I think they were originally designed for use by pilots….so he’s not far off.

3. All is Well says:

So Splinter Cell’s Fisher had three-lens goggles, and now this guy has four. Is this going to become a Gillette-type thing were protagonists get a new lens for their goggles at regular intervals and you go “And here I was, seeing only 3/4ths of all the things like a sucker” and then “Hey, if four lenses are so much better why did we ever bother with three?” and then you feel smart but not really because you’re still going to buy the new one because, well, it’s one better, isn’t it?

4. Smigulp says:

Those… Uh, goggles (I guess) must be the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen all month.

• Ross Angus says:

Staring goggles tag.

• Niko says:

I’ve just learned those four-eye goggles are a real thing, they are called Panoramic Night Vision Goggle.

• P.Funk says:

Like so many others you must have passed on the opportunity to watch Zero Dark Thirty.

• AUS_Doug says:

Assuming from your comment that you’ve seen ZDT, how is it?

I’ve been planning to watch it for some time, based solely off of how much I love The Hurt Locker.

5. jpm224 says:

For those of you wondering about the NVG’s, they’ve been in use by special forces/pilots for a few years now:

link to tnvc.com

The four lenses help increase the wearer’s FOV from around 45 degrees to 120 degrees.

6. Lizergamid says:

Also Lords Of The Fallen 2 was announced:

link to gry-online.pl

7. SuicideKing says:

That made me chuckle quite a bit!