Mod Tools And Megalodon: Depth Patched

HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON OH ARE WE LEAVING THE BOAT NOW OKAY COOL I'LL JUST GRAB MY COAT HEY GUYS WAIT UP GUYS HEY!

“Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water…” is not a line Depth developers Digital Confectioners have used with their divers vs. sharks game’s latest update, probably because they don’t want to be awful people with tired jokes. Baby, grinding jokes into dust is what I do.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, Depth has surfaced with a big patch. ‘The Big Catch‘ has added mod tools and several new shark species to fight against (or devour men as), including a chuffing megalodon. Megalodon! The terror of the Cenozoic seas!

Yes, obviously I am posting about this because I think sharks are cool.

Depth’s regular modes now have mako and tiger sharks as well as the dear old great white, who’s been rebalanced to fit in with his new pals. The mako’s the zippy class, the great white’s now slow, tough, and dangerous as heck, and the tiger shark sits somewhere in the middle with gentle camouflage. As someone who’s watched a lot of Shark Week documentaries, I can tell you this balancing entirely reflects nature. That megalodon is limited to a new mode though, Megalodon Hunt, where five divers, you know, hunt a megalodon.

The update also brings tools to create mods and levels, as well as a new level in a flooded mine.

Hey, do enjoy this… Al Pacino impression?

1. Neurotic says:

Excellent game, excellent VO. :D

2. Jakkar says:

I’M GOING BACK RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW. THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS.

3. Jakkar says:

Okay, I’ve calmed down. Ladies and gentlemen of the Rock, please accept a very hearty recommendation; this is an exceedingly entertaining game. As any, a good team is quite necessary for the most fun, and not every public server will provide that, but if you’d like to play something original, skill-based, exciting and varied – like Natural Selection without the Starcraft RPG complications and an emphasis on dynamic arena-based combat. And lots of darkness.

Limbs!

Guilt-free consumption of raw seal!

4. Blackcompany says:

Sounds like this update is something of a surprise. Very sharking, really.

5. Shadowcat says:

If Walker doesn’t post a “Megalodo & Megalodon’t” article, I’m going to be sorely disappointed.

6. LogicalDash says:

Happy shark is happy!

7. slerbal says:

Holy shit bergs! Running into a Megalodon under water would certainly be a brown trouser-busting experience matched only by the joy of being said Megalodon. Sounds amazing! This is definitely going on my Yule list :)

8. Monggerel says:

That seems… lukewarm, I guess.

9. Proteus454 says:

*takes one look at that picture, remembers the time when he was four years old and he point-blank refused to enter a ballroom because the cheerful nautical pictures on the wall included a shark*

…playing this game will either cure my longstanding, unreasonable terror of sea creatures. Or it will give me a nervous breakdown.

I wonder if that night watchman job at Freddy Fozzbear’s is still open?

10. Mutak says:

I used to be a lifeguard, i’ve taken scuba lessons, and i’ve done a fair bit of snorkeling. Suffice it to say that i’m pretty comfortable in the water, but for some reason swimming sections in games stress me out. I cannot imagine enjoying this no matter how well-made it is.

11. lumpeh says:

If it has a decent discount during the winter sales, i may have to bite.